Ensign_Cthulhu

Where are all the humans today?

37 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
18,363 posts
12,767 battles

I seem to be encountering a lot of green-bot-heavy matches today. I expect it in the evening when lots of people have gone to bed, but not in the mid-afternoon. 

I also seem to be encountering a lot of slackjawed nincompoops; there was one chap whose first act on Two Brothers was to turn 180 degrees and circle back to hide behind a rock in the lower right corner. It was appalling. 

• Funny 1

[TBW]
Members
9,825 posts
16,590 battles

Yeah well Granny, bless her 100 year old demented heart, is throwing fits lately. Keeps me busy.

• Funny 1

[KWF]
Members
4,051 posts
6,242 battles

Dunno, high tiers seemed to be in order for me, had an 8/1 run today which is unprecedented for weekends. No more pushing my luck though :Smile_hiding:.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,516 posts

Lots of CV's in the co-op queue? 30 sec max wait? It's often you and a cv who's time was up....:Smile_teethhappy:.

[RLGN]
Members
13,545 posts
23,672 battles
10 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Dunno, high tiers seemed to be in order for me, had an 8/1 run today which is unprecedented for weekends. No more pushing my luck though :Smile_hiding:.

For me it's been getting all T10 games in T8 carriers.

I care less about getting uptiered as a thing, than the fact a T8 carrier is basiaclly useless in a T10 game.

'Oh, go and spot!' someone said in chat; great. Tell a Bismark in a T10 game it's only allowed to use it's secondaries.

10 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

The increase in CVs is leading to this.

The utter idiocy I saw this morning trying to secure 300xp blocks in Naval Battles can't possibly be blamed completely on potato carrier drivers.

[--K--]
Members
5,332 posts
16,789 battles

I can't speak for every one but, 

HUsxXjw.gif

Real life and the game its self are kind of tiring. 

[PTRGT]
Members
386 posts
41,920 battles

I know I had 5 games in a row that were mostly Short Bus Bots on our side.... I decided to watch MotoGP Qualifying :Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,777 posts
22,134 battles

I have run into the same thing recently with co-op play, loads of bots. Not sure if it is players just waiting too long in queue or if there are just fewer players playing but it does "feel" weird. I was waiting in queue with two CVs, another BB, 2 cruisers and 2 destroyers and thought everything was cool so just hung out. When the match started, it was me on a team of all bots........... Was a struggle for survival for sure and in the end, I just didn't measure up. Course I hate BBs and rarely do well in them, just grinding my Nagato a bit. In about half my games today I had bots on my team which is very unusual. I did run into some human players on.my team who must not play very often. In one match, a human player in a Tirpitz with full health tried kiting a freaking bot Cleveland and got his booty kicked as he burned almost to the waterline. Luckily our DD players got to the cruiser and.gunned him down for the poor BB player.... It was truly an epic fight for the Tin Can sailors on the human team, they were outstanding players. Still wrapping my head around a Tirpitz fleeing a Cleveland though...

[HINON]
Members
12,851 posts
14 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

For me it's been getting all T10 games in T8 carriers.

I care less about getting uptiered as a thing, than the fact a T8 carrier is basiaclly useless in a T10 game.

'Oh, go and spot!' someone said in chat; great. Tell a Bismark in a T10 game it's only allowed to use it's secondaries.

The utter idiocy I saw this morning trying to secure 300xp blocks in Naval Battles can't possibly be blamed completely on potato carrier drivers.

This thread is about bot teams in coop.

[KWF]
Members
4,051 posts
6,242 battles
5 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I have run into the same thing recently with co-op play, loads of bots. Not sure if it is players just waiting too long in queue or if there are just fewer players playing but it does "feel" weird. I was waiting in queue with two CVs, another BB, 2 cruisers and 2 destroyers and thought everything was cool so just hung out. When the match started, it was me on a team of all bots........... Was a struggle for survival for sure and in the end, I just didn't measure up. Course I hate BBs and rarely do well in them, just grinding my Nagato a bit. In about half my games today I had bots on my team which is very unusual. I did run into some human players on.my team who must not play very often. In one match, a human player in a Tirpitz with full health tried kiting a freaking bot Cleveland and got his booty kicked as he burned almost to the waterline. Luckily our DD players got to the cruiser and.gunned him down for the poor BB player.... It was truly an epic fight for the Tin Can sailors on the human team, they were outstanding players. Still wrapping my head around a Tirpitz fleeing a Cleveland though...

It may have to do with the Directive tasks requiring credits. Randoms are an easier place to earn credits so that could be a reason. 

Another could be the CV heavy MM, with the Co op MM struggling to distribute all the CVs and just dumping bots in the team to lessen the load.

Edited by warheart1992

[RLGN]
Members
13,545 posts
23,672 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

This thread is about bot teams in coop.

Bleagh, too damn tired I guess...

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,777 posts
22,134 battles
2 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

It may have to do with the Directive tasks requiring credits. Randoms are an easier place to earn credits so that could be a reason. 

I hadn't thought about that, really good reasoning and probably what is going on. Heck I even pondered playing PvP for credits but figure I have 4 more days to earn them so didn't want the aggravation of carriers. 

[USCC]
Members
2,756 posts
12,023 battles

Been on the PTS as of late. Enjoying the bot matches over there.

The potato players over there are like nothing you've seen before lol

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
25 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Another could be the CV heavy MM, with the Co op MM struggling to distribute all the CVs and just dumping bots in the team to lessen the load.

Space Battles is taking it's share of players as well.

[RKLES]
Members
12,246 posts
13,897 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I seem to be encountering a lot of green-bot-heavy matches today. I expect it in the evening when lots of people have gone to bed, but not in the mid-afternoon. 

I also seem to be encountering a lot of slackjawed nincompoops; there was one chap whose first act on Two Brothers was to turn 180 degrees and circle back to hide behind a rock in the lower right corner. It was appalling. 

We do have weather sweeping across parts of the US that have some severe elements.

[IXM]
Members
1,047 posts

The games, including Co-Op, are so bad with so many CVs and potatoes that it's literally unplayable for me. Time to play other games.

[WOLFG]
Members
8,630 posts
7,045 battles

Played about 15 games from 1-3:30.  Tiers 5 and 6.  Had zero bots, but always a RN or KM CV (LOT of Zepps).

Had one guy in a Zep in at least 3 games (I was driving the QE).  He was pretty good, always top half.  Forgot the name, but part of WOOP clan.

He would roll in late game if the bots got close enough to get the secondaries working.

[WOLFH]
Members
308 posts
17,391 battles
7 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Space Battles is taking it's share of players as well. 

My guess is this.

For someone like me who will play PVE to complete missions, the Space Battles took PVE's place until I needed to focus on some missions that can't be done in Space Battles.

[XG]
Members
316 posts
3,177 battles
11 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

CVpocalypse is upon us. The locusts are everywhere. The plague is real.

I'm on an extended break, maybe a permanent one if this cancer epidemic doesn't subside.

Members
207 posts
12 hours ago, SpudZero said:

Been on the PTS as of late. Enjoying the bot matches over there.

The potato players over there are like nothing you've seen before lol

To be fair, on the test server a lot of people are mucking about trying new tactics, ships, and builds without mussing their precious live-server stats.

I know I've been guilty of this during PT 8.0 when I first sampled the new carriers. The whole dumbed-down flight sim approach put me into IDGAF mode immediately.

[USCC]
Members
2,756 posts
12,023 battles
1 hour ago, Hookie_Bell said:

To be fair, on the test server a lot of people are mucking about trying new tactics, ships, and builds without mussing their precious live-server stats.

I know I've been guilty of this during PT 8.0 when I first sampled the new carriers. The whole dumbed-down flight sim approach put me into IDGAF mode immediately.

Oh I know, the whole point of the PTS is to test the new stuff, but it can be hilarious at times lol

[ARGSY]
Members
18,363 posts
12,767 battles
4 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

Oh I know, the whole point of the PTS is to test the new stuff, but it can be hilarious at times lol

You know what hilarious is? It's being spotted by two bot Bismarcks in your Lexington, and instead of blapping you immediately they cruise slowly up to you, sit inches away from you for a couple of minutes doing hardly anything, and let you get in a hundred secondary battery hits before they finally finish you off.

[USCC]
Members
2,756 posts
12,023 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You know what hilarious is? It's being spotted by two bot Bismarcks in your Lexington, and instead of blapping you immediately they cruise slowly up to you, sit inches away from you for a couple of minutes doing hardly anything, and let you get in a hundred secondary battery hits before they finally finish you off.

lol yeah they were just stratagizeing on how to sink you, that or they just wanted to check out the new CV's for themselves lol