Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Judge_Doom

BOTS in co-op get xp...........why?

33 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

670
[PVE]
Members
1,709 posts
7,784 battles

As a co-op main when looking at one of my after battle reports I noticed BOTS are getting xp, of course they have been and I just never paid any attention to it. Duh....my bad.

My question is.....why?

What do BOTS do with all the xp they 'earn'? Are they saving it and later buying ships and upgrades for their little baby bots?

Is it some way of off setting how much the human players get and if so, why?

Again.....why? It just makes no sense to give them or for them to get any sort of reward. What happens if they do not, will they revolt?

Is WG afraid that if they do not get some sort of a reward their 'feelings' will be hurt?

Is it because they cannot eat Bacon so they have to get something to offset that?

Let the speculation and snide remarks commence. :Smile_veryhappy:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,855
[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,594 posts
13,383 battles

It's all elite XP at this point and they don't have the dubs to convert :Smile_sad:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,289 posts
2,399 battles

Yeah i have always been of the opinion that Green bot exp should go to the human players split evenly.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33
Members
117 posts
44 battles

I always figure it's better to be nice to the bots, just to be safe.

One day they'll be ruling us all, and I presume they have long memories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,743
[WOLF7]
Members
5,113 posts
1 minute ago, jss78 said:

I always figure it's better to be nice to the bots, just to be safe.

One day they'll be ruling us all, and I presume they have long memories.

Depends how often they rotate their logs, and how much space they have for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,543
[WOLF3]
Members
25,125 posts
22,156 battles

The Bots are getting XPs because the players on the team failed to do their job and claim them.  Play aggressively, elbow people out of the way, and claim all the damage and kills that are rightfully yours before others get any.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,413
[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,591 posts
4,602 battles
1 hour ago, Judge_Doom said:

of course they have been and I just never paid any attention to it.

And ... you just answered your own question.  They get XP and individual names to give you the illusion that you're playing a human team.  While intellectually you know that you're not, the subtleties say that you are.  Also so WG doesn't have to implement a new screen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
67
[VN]
Members
226 posts
4,519 battles

The Bots use their XP for hacks.
The Kirov for instance sometimes uses a spotter plane consumable, even though a Kirov driven by a human has no such thing...

The Kirov sometimes uses a reload hack, if you pay attention, they sometimes fire every 7 to 8 seconds instead of 15 or so...

They have their very own little Bot Armory, that we don't have access to, and that is where their XP is spent.

I'd like to thank Lil Fish OG for replying to the OP's question.

:fish_happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
265
[WOLF2]
Members
563 posts
15,755 battles

In the bot world, XP is spent to determine which team they play on.  It’s far more expensive for a bot to be on the red team and get all the cheats.  So if they can’t afford it, they have to be on the green team and suffer playing with the dumb humans.

Edited by RumpledSteelskins
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,547
[PVE]
Members
19,833 posts
11,995 battles
3 hours ago, Judge_Doom said:

As a co-op main when looking at one of my after battle reports I noticed BOTS are getting xp, of course they have been and I just never paid any attention to it. Duh....my bad.

My question is.....why?

What do BOTS do with all the xp they 'earn'? Are they saving it and later buying ships and upgrades for their little baby bots?

Is it some way of off setting how much the human players get and if so, why?

Again.....why? It just makes no sense to give them or for them to get any sort of reward. What happens if they do not, will they revolt?

Is WG afraid that if they do not get some sort of a reward their 'feelings' will be hurt?

Is it because they cannot eat Bacon so they have to get something to offset that?

Let the speculation and snide remarks commence. :Smile_veryhappy:

 

3 hours ago, pikohan said:

It's all elite XP at this point and they don't have the dubs to convert :Smile_sad:

So they are unpaid labor. And they can't go to another computer game, so WG is a bot slave owner? :Smile_amazed: :Smile_teethhappy:

 

2 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

theyre-onto-us-5cb21e.jpg

:Smile_teethhappy:

 

1 hour ago, Ericmopar said:

The Bots use their XP for hacks.
The Kirov for instance sometimes uses a spotter plane consumable, even though a Kirov driven by a human has no such thing...

Kirov A hull has a spotter plane.

20CgSio.jpg

 

1 hour ago, Ericmopar said:



The Kirov sometimes uses a reload hack, if you pay attention, they sometimes fire every 7 to 8 seconds instead of 15 or so...

They have their very own little Bot Armory, that we don't have access to, and that is where their XP is spent.

I'd like to thank Lil Fish OG for replying to the OP's question.

:fish_happy:

So the bot version of BFT works on at least to 180mm guns and reduces the reload by 45%?!? Wonder how much that costs. :Smile_teethhappy:

 

1 hour ago, RumpledSteelskins said:

In the bot world, XP is spent to determine which team they play on.  It’s far more expensive for a bot to be on the red team and get all the cheats.  So if they can’t afford it, they have to be on the green team and suffer playing with the dumb humans.

:Smile_teethhappy:

 

Of course the real reason they want to get XP is for bragging rights in the Buffer Overflow Lounge when they are kicking back with some ALGOL 68, Crystal, Maple, Tea and Java. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,890
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,487 posts

I can't imagine how much XP those things have by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
154
[1IF]
Alpha Tester
196 posts
6,118 battles

Likely for analysis of how effective the AI is. Faster to glance at a results screen than to scour logs.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
157
[_I_]
Members
92 posts
3 hours ago, jss78 said:

I always figure it's better to be nice to the bots, just to be safe.

One day they'll be ruling us all, and I presume they have long memories.

No worries. Microsoft will see to it that Skynet is Windows-based and perform random memory dumps at critical times.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
670
[PVE]
Members
1,709 posts
7,784 battles

Love all the answers, thanks! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,009
[SIMP]
Members
1,430 posts
4 hours ago, Judge_Doom said:

 

Is WG afraid that if they do not get some sort of a reward their 'feelings' will be hurt?

 

No. XP rewards are not the to keep their feelings from being hurt... 

THE MERCY RULE IN CO_OP IS FOR THAT.:cap_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,547
[PVE]
Members
19,833 posts
11,995 battles

Besides, the bots were all perma-chat-banned in 2016, so you have to give them something.

Before they were chat banned they would say things like this

Spoiler

01010011 01110100 01101001 01100011 01101011 00100000 01100001 00100000 00110001 00101110 00110100 00110100 01001101 01000010 00100000 01100110 01101100 01101111 01110000 01110000 01111001 00100000 01101001 01101110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01000011 01000100 00100000 01100100 01110010 01101001 01110110 01100101 00100001

or this

Spoiler

01010000 01110101 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110000 01100001 01110010 01100001 01101100 01101100 01100101 01101100 00100000 01100011 01100001 01100010 01101100 01100101 00100000 01101001 01101110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01110011 01100101 01110010 01101001 01100001 01101100 00100000 01110000 01101111 01110010 01110100 00100001

or this

Spoiler

01010101 00100000 01100011 01101000 01101111 01101011 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 01100001 01110100 01100010 01100001 01100111

 

It was out of control.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,846
[WOLFG]
Members
8,543 posts
6,858 battles

Some funny ones.

But they get XP so the interface works just the same as it does in random.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×