Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

Since CVs get unlimited planes, why cant ships have unlimited fighter planes and DFAA?

132 comments in this topic

Members
2,257 posts
4,965 battles
6 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

Only CV do not get unlimited plane.

well we need more than 4 consumables on a SI ship.

Edited by Legio_X_
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 2

[WOLF2]
Members
563 posts
15,755 battles

Save your steel and get a Flint.  It does have unlimited DFAA.  :Smile_teethhappy:

On a serious note (and I’m not defending the CV rework...I don’t really like it much), they don’t have “unlimited” aircraft.  While you can’t permanently deplane a CV like you could before, if they lose a crapload of planes in a short period of time, they can’t launch full squads and eventually they’ll have to sit and wait til they have enough aircraft regenerate to have a viable strike group.  And now that AA spec DDs can shoot down 40-50 planes in a match, let alone all the other AA ships out there, this situation happens a lot.  

• Cool 1

[BBMOD]
Members
334 posts
5,505 battles

Since DDs have unlimited torpedoes, BBs should get unlimited heals.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 7

Members
2,257 posts
4,965 battles
3 minutes ago, Grimm262 said:

Since DDs have unlimited torpedoes, BBs should get unlimited heals.

DDs can't spam that map like CVs. Try again kid.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 20

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,389 posts
10,718 battles
8 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

Only CV do not get unlimited plane.

That's kind of a technicality a good CV player who doesn't lose too many fighters really does have unlimited planes might not be the planes he wants or a full squadron every time but he can send wave after wave of planes . 

I'm not complaining I don't mind CVs in the game I think its fun but for all intensive purposes there unlimited planes .

• Cool 2
  • Meh 4

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,038 posts
7,946 battles
1 minute ago, clammboy said:

That's kind of a technicality a good CV player who doesn't lose too many fighters really does have unlimited planes might not be the planes he wants or a full squadron every time but he can send wave after wave of planes . 

I'm not complaining I don't mind CVs in the game I think its fun but for all intensive purposes there unlimited planes .

By that definition CVs had unlimited planes before the rework too. And I do not recall people claiming that the planes were unlimited back then.

• Cool 6
  • Meh 2

[PVE]
Members
19,833 posts
11,995 battles

Ammo is ammo. Nothing in this game is unlimited as there is a 20 min time limit. You can only launch and attack with so many planes in 20 minutes. And if your planes are shot down fast enough, you can get deplaned and have to wait for more planes to generate.

Any other ship can fire continually throughout the battle. If the CV driver is careful with his planes, they can too.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Members
110 posts
33 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Whats the point in using fighter planes or DFAA on ships when they eventually run out and your left with no consumables to help combat that late game CV zombie plane hordes? Only fair i think 

You make a very valid point.  It's unfair for ships trying to combat CVs to have limited resources to defend against a CV that has unlimited resources

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,389 posts
10,718 battles
1 minute ago, SireneRacker said:

By that definition CVs had unlimited planes before the rework too. And I do not recall people claiming that the planes were unlimited back then.

Well I don't know about that but I really don't recall planes being able to come back so quickly in wave after wave before the rework . But they seem do much less damage so I guess its kind of fair . 

[SIM]
Members
4,649 posts
7,770 battles

Sure, increase the cooldown for both to six minutes or so, and that seems fair. You know, since “unlimited planes” are already gated behind a hefty respawn timer. :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,038 posts
7,946 battles
4 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Well I don't know about that but I really don't recall planes being able to come back so quickly in wave after wave before the rework . But they seem do much less damage so I guess its kind of fair . 

Considering how a CV had a lot more squadrons to command, I think that this comparison is not really valid. A lot of things changed with the rework, though the risk of getting deplaned remained in a practical sense.

Members
2,257 posts
4,965 battles
7 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Sure, increase the cooldown for both to six minutes or so, and that seems fair. You know, since “unlimited planes” are already gated behind a hefty respawn timer. :Smile_smile:

So its fair for CVs to attack a target ship every 10-20 second, but a ship with DFAA can only use it every 6minutes? What is the logic in that?

DFAA is a limited resource where you can only have 4 at the most. Sure it works in beginning, but what about late game? You run out and your at the mercy of CV that can spam you with anything until your basically widdled down and sunk. What can the ship do? Nothing

You know how quickly DFAA runs out with 2 CVs on 1 side?

Edited by Legio_X_
  • Cool 4
  • Meh 2

[ZR]
Beta Testers
263 posts
9,290 battles

What WG needs to undo the nerf to AA stacking. Nothing else in the game has a stacking penalty, radar stacking, smoke stacking, hydro stacking, base capture stacking, and so on. A CV shouldn’t be able to attack a group of ship anyway 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,732 posts
12,273 battles
4 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Before the rework, a CV didn't need to come back quickly, you got smacked by 6 to 12 torpedoes and were either maimed for the rest of the match or sunk outright.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
3,777 posts
16,132 battles
17 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

DDs can't spam that map like CVs. Try again kid.

This is the crux of all discussions !  CV's are not designed for small maps !  We are mixing apples and oranges and are wondering why we are having "issues"...  Of course, WG thought 8.0 would sell thousands of CV's and they then could have 3x3 to 5x5 CV's small map arcade level FFA's and we'd, NA that is, would just accept that and buy CV'sThat was their sales goal.  To change the game into a FFA, gimmicky arcade shooter....   Boy, did they misinterpret the HE spam/Radar meta test they ran a few months earlier !!!  Talk about cultural incompetence !  And, here we are: half in and half out game wise and are at what, 8.3 +/- 2 more updates to try and recover the game??  What a joke this has become of a "great game" with a clear distinction between itself and WoTs.......   Now, I'm waiting for the Golden: Bullet, Torpedo and AA rounds (proximity rounds); premium for real money consumables for ships with reload boosters.....  Heck, they are selling LU's !  Why not?

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,833 posts
11,995 battles
18 minutes ago, Raven_Floki said:

You make a very valid point.  It's unfair for ships trying to combat CVs to have limited resources to defend against a CV that has unlimited resources

10 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

So its fair for CVs to attack a target ship every 10-20 second, but a ship with DFAA can only use it every 6minutes? What is the logic in that?

DFAA is a limited resource where you can only have 4 at the most. Sure it works in beginning, but what about late game? You run out and your at the mercy of CV that can spam you with anything until your basically widdled down and sunk. What can the ship do? Nothing

You know how quickly DFAA runs out with 2 CVs on 1 side?

When did the AA guns only fire when DFAA is on? I don't remember that change.:Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 1

[MEIST]
Members
1,411 posts
5,606 battles
40 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Whats the point in using fighter planes or DFAA on ships when they eventually run out and your left with no consumables to help combat that late game CV zombie plane hordes? Only fair i think

WG doesn't limit the amount of shells the ships carry. maybe they should, that would be fair for low health ships at the end of the game since thay don't have health replenish consumables at tye end of a game.

• Cool 1

[GOOF]
Members
563 posts
5,399 battles
54 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Yes it's been explained to me they do get unlimited planes that's world be unfair. 

They just take longer to launch if they get shot down 

I'm willing to give it a try and see. 

Good cv players don't fly their planes over 4 cl with strong AA 

F button also makes it easy for the next squadron to head out. So cv can constantly have planes going out. 

I don't see the invisible line between unlimited and slower reload but you still have planes. 

Giving new cv a shot lately.

• Cool 1

[HSD]
Members
649 posts
11,981 battles
8 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

WG doesn't limit the amount of shells the ships carry. maybe they should, that would be fair for low health ships at the end of the game since thay don't have health replenish consumables at tye end of a game.

The ammo storage of ships carried enough that even 20 minutes of continuous firing would not deplete their ammo. Ships like the Worcester may and I stress may be an exception but even then it was something like 17 odd minutes of continuous fire.

No ship would run out of main battery ammo even if you gave them historical main battery ammo numbers.

Edited by Meatshield_No13

[GOOF]
Members
563 posts
5,399 battles
10 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

True true unlimited ammo but there is a range limit on that ammo.  CV has no range limit

That being said that dive bomber play Is tough as hell. And rockets I'm really struggling with. Getting like one torp hit per match CV not easy lol 

Said id learn.

Co-op matches 

Edited by grorg
  • Cool 1

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,732 posts
12,273 battles
26 minutes ago, Desertfox51 said:

What WG needs to undo the nerf to AA stacking. Nothing else in the game has a stacking penalty, radar stacking, smoke stacking, hydro stacking, base capture stacking, and so on. A CV shouldn’t be able to attack a group of ship anyway 

Actually capture stacking does have a penalty, it stops at 3? Get 12 ships the cap and it doesn't get captured any faster.

Smoke also has a stacking penalty of sorts, I can no longer park a Yamato in a smoke cloud and inviso-fire, the entire map will still see me. Gotta love the in smoke firing detection ranges.

Radar and Hydro don't stack at all, getting radared and hydroed from multiple sources isn't any worse than one. Plus now, there's a delay between when the radar ship sees something with radar, and the rest of the team sees it. 

All limiting AA stacking did is eliminate any rational reason to cap 8 to 10 ships behind an island and type manifestos about the evils of sky cancer, just to get pounded by surface ships or give a red Shimakaze a one volley Kraken. Problem is, it won't stop players that don't know the mechanics, players that take any excuse to cower and hide, or any other poor excuse of player that you can find on the internet from camping and hoping that they will be carried to victory.

Edited by SgtBeltfed

Sign in to follow this