Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SansPeur

What to do When the Game Gives You Two CVs

11 comments in this topic

[-HON-]
Beta Testers
517 posts
16,966 battles

Slap a November Echo Setteseven on the Jean Bart and aggressively push a flank with a Kitakaze (21 plane kills) and laugh as an Enterprise and Kaga try and stop you.

264348979_74PlaneKills.thumb.jpg.3cbd82e087f99b762e549fb683eed5e0.jpg

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,301 posts
6,266 battles

Enterprise AND Kaga? Okay they MUST have been new to the ships, anyone who's played Kaga or Enterprise for more than a couple matches since the rework dropped would know not to go after a Jean Bart of all things. That's just... Wow I feel sorry for those guys, but they kind of brought it on themselves if they just kept spamming planes at you even after the first wave got deleted.

[INR]
Members
1,225 posts
4,060 battles
50 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Enterprise AND Kaga? Okay they MUST have been new to the ships, anyone who's played Kaga or Enterprise for more than a couple matches since the rework dropped would know not to go after a Jean Bart of all things. That's just... Wow I feel sorry for those guys, but they kind of brought it on themselves if they just kept spamming planes at you even after the first wave got deleted.

It's funny how some CVs tunnel vision on targets that just do not work.

[-HON-]
Beta Testers
517 posts
16,966 battles
1 hour ago, WuYixiang said:

To be fair, the red lemming train didn't send any ships back to try and stop us, so it was up to the two CVs do do something.  The CVs did kill the Kita and if there was another 2 minutes I would have been dead - I was out of heals, repair was on cool down and I had <10k HP.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,282 posts
2 hours ago, Landsraad said:

You see it a lot... it's known as "Target Fixation". 

• Cool 1

Members
1,373 posts

With the huge number of CVs going into ports in the last couple of weeks the new owners are going to want to play them. So...I am only running AA spec ships. 

I am NOT using manual AA. 

Insane results from Grovsnee (sp?), Massachusetts and Montana.   Most Cruisers AA spec very well.

I also try to stay close to other ships.

Greatly enjoying shooting down aircraft after aircraft. 

I will spec fighter with the one point Captain perk extra fighter in some ships for now. 

Blap Blap Blap....Fun Fun Fun

Members
1,373 posts

I was very anti CV. But am enjoying the more difficult game play.   Just gotta go all out Anti Air and have much less options for other perks, modules, flags and consumables. 

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
4,657 posts
7,770 battles
3 hours ago, Landsraad said:

You don’t always get a choice, honestly. When a flank collapses, CVs often have to pick up the slack and at least try to delay the enemy ships that have a free shot into the rest of the team. Alternatively, if your choices are to go for a JB and a Kitakaze, or try to attack a ball of USN and RN tier X cruisers, well... 

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,732 posts
12,285 battles
2 hours ago, Toxic_Potato said:

I was very anti CV. But am enjoying the more difficult game play.   Just gotta go all out Anti Air and have much less options for other perks, modules, flags and consumables. 

Not that different than before, just a different option.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,055 posts
5,697 battles
4 hours ago, WuYixiang said:

There are times as a CV pilot in a game where you have no choice but to attack a less than obvious target.  Happens virtually every game.   

[INR]
Members
1,225 posts
4,060 battles
4 hours ago, RA6E_ said:

There are times as a CV pilot in a game where you have no choice but to attack a less than obvious target.  Happens virtually every game.   

There's always another option:  Hold fire, scout, and wait for a better opportunity. Cruisers and Destroyers know this better than any other ship class.

Sign in to follow this