You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
X1LRLRG

Over abundance of CVs

65 comments in this topic

[CELTS]
Members
41 posts
4,727 battles

Just logged on and tried to play a game, 17 carriers waiting!!!!!!!!! 

What the ____ is going on.

• Meh 5

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,302 posts
6,266 battles

That would be people who rushed out to buy the new (old) hotness that is "Tier 8 premium CVs" all wanting to test out their new toys. You'll be seeing a LOT of Graf Zeppelins, Kagas, Enterprises, and Saipans in-game for probably the next week or so.

[SF-13]
Members
658 posts
5,375 battles

Yeah...^^this.

Basically don't play above T5 if you want a decent match.....T6 is getting dragged up more often than not.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,363 posts
12,767 battles
1 hour ago, X1LRLRG said:

The same thing as will be going on as soon as the Soviet battleships hit the tech tree (should be patch 0.8.4); everyone is racing to play the big new thing.

• Cool 2

Members
817 posts
9,071 battles

WG wants to sell you stuff . CVs are the hot items in the store window... Then when sales dies down,,we gonna get the submarines....then when that dies down,,,

[WOLFC]
Members
1,782 posts
9,402 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Stay in PvE and Space Battles.

Was in a 2 CV PvE last night.

And almost every co op had a CV.

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
4,455 posts
12,611 battles
1 hour ago, X1LRLRG said:

4 rework new premium CV's went on sale, apparently a decent CV drop rate with aviation containers, mission for CV's in this week's Fly-Strike-Win directive are 3 good reasons.

22 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The same thing as will be going on as soon as the Soviet battleships hit the tech tree (should be patch 0.8.4); everyone is racing to play the big new thing. 

As clairvoyant as you are what are the winning Powerball numbers for tonight? :Smile_amazed:

There's been some negative post on the Russian BB's. I hope it is just "the sky is falling" crowd.

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
4,455 posts
12,611 battles
1 minute ago, Anonymous50 said:

Was in a 2 CV PvE last night.

And almost every co op had a CV.

I've enjoyed CV's in coops. Rarely do they sink anything so you have a better chance for a better score. Been in several 2 CV coops where they finished at the bottom with very little XP earned. I think the better CV drivers are playing randoms.

[INR]
Members
1,225 posts
4,060 battles
1 hour ago, Exciton8964 said:

Good time to play T8 ships with good AA

Ore Tier 10 and really laugh at their expense.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,363 posts
12,767 battles
3 hours ago, kgh52 said:

There's been some negative post on the Russian BB's. I hope it is just "the sky is falling" crowd.

It is and it isn't. The Russian battleships have had to be nerfed repeatedly in many ways, especially after Flamu showed how difficult it was for a Tier 10 battleship at close range with an easy shot to overmatch the RU T3 from the front. That's a good sign that they started out WAY overpowered. 

Combine that with the number of ships in the line that were either never started or never finished, and the relative lack of achievement of the ones that actually made it into the water, and you have a recipe for some justifiably sour grapes.

I understand the desire to offer something "glorious and stronk" to the home market, but IMO they erred badly in also not offering a Tier 2 pre-Dreadnought to the premium-buying crowd, or as an end-of-event prize, to honour those VMF capital ships that did actually distinguish themselves in battle (if only by their heroism and perseverence). This is a surprise coming from the company that went out of its way to offer Mikasa, the symbol of Japanese dominance over Russian naval power.

Members
5,128 posts
9,482 battles
5 hours ago, X1LRLRG said:

Same thing that happens when new lines or premiums are released.  Load up the US and French ships and farm some planes for the Fly Strike Win missions.

[TDRB]
Members
4,455 posts
12,611 battles

Combine that with the number of ships in the line that were either never started or never finished, and the relative lack of achievement of the ones that actually made it into the water, and you have a recipe for some justifiably sour grapes.

Looking over the list of Russian/Soviet Union BB's there is nothing noteworthy. Heroism is belongs to the crews, not the ship. But this is a game where paper ships become pixel ships and that does produce sour grapes.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,516 posts
19 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

So...all that guff about the CV player base being tiny and that no one wanted to play the class...

...was wrong?

<Sips Tea>

Fascinating. 

Don't burn your tongue...And an uptick with WG literally giving away premium cv's doesn't really mean what you think it means....:Smile_trollface:

Call back in a few weeks.

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[TARK]
Members
5,273 posts
2,153 battles
49 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Don't burn your tongue...And an uptick with WG literally giving away premium cv's doesn't really mean what you think it means....:Smile_trollface:

Call back in a few weeks.

I know...

...but many on this forum have been spouting the nonsense that only 5% want to play CVs...

...which is plainly not true today.

Merely watching the children burn the game to the ground...its amusing and sad at the same time.

• Cool 2

Members
95 posts
403 battles

I decided to stay away from this game for at least a month, WG forcing people into playing AA ships or the prem CVs.

Gaming dollars can be spend somewhere else.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,516 posts
1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I know...

...but many on this forum have been spouting the nonsense that only 5% want to play CVs...

...which is plainly not true today.

Merely watching the children burn the game to the ground...its amusing and sad at the same time.

I ended up with three in 15 boxes while fishing for flags. Have tried them in the training room, might use them for the event, will never take them in random....:Smile_teethhappy:

To me at least, the new CV game play seems to remind me of an arcade guided missile sim with an attack routine. If I were to invest the time, I suppose I could become decent at them, but i simply won't ever invest the time.

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[USMC-]
Members
273 posts
7,388 battles

Click battle, see too many cv’s in  que for my liking, click exit enjoy another aspect of my life, problem solved. Maybe if enough people do this then WG will stop with the double cv matches.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Members
5,150 posts
7 hours ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

WG wants to sell you stuff . CVs are the hot items in the store window... Then when sales dies down,,we gonna get the submarines....then when that dies down,,,

In view of the mention further up about the Soviet BBs: Cruisers are having fun shooting down airplanes from the CVs and not unhappy about CVs, and the DDs are unhappy with the CVs.  Now, when the Soviet BBs show up, the DDs will be having fun sinking them, and the cruisers will be the fodder.  It all balances out over time.

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,151 posts
7,357 battles

Yes WG are not the sharpest tacks with a still divided community over the CV rebork they decide to have a CV sale so that CV spamming and CV noob play just makes everything miserable.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
2,258 posts
4,965 battles
2 minutes ago, misanthrope0 said:

Yes WG are not the sharpest tacks with a still divided community over the CV rebork they decide to have a CV sale so that CV spamming and CV noob play just makes everything miserable.

Shhhh. Dont say that. CV elites will come in here and tell you to get gud. 

Edited by Legio_X_
  • Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[TARK]
Members
5,273 posts
2,153 battles
3 minutes ago, misanthrope0 said:

Everything?

I'm not miserable...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1