You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Crazy CV Jousting

4 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,607 posts
17,341 battles

First 30 seconds of the video is strictly for orientation purposes.  Note the mini-map and the location of green CVs.  We are working in tandem and pushing on the flank away from the red surface ships, hoping to make something happen. Unbeknownst to me, the red CVs are doing EXACTLY the same thing!!!!  The four CVs are on a collision course.  Visual contact is made at about 33 seconds.  I had just launched a squadron, originally intended as a strike force toward the reds main forces.  The sudden appearance of the red CVs called for an immediate re-direct....the fight was on.  Two minutes of sheer knife-fight-range CV on CV action.  It was a blast.  Hope you enjoy it:

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,302 posts
6,266 battles

I applaud that Implacable for just charging straight in, right where the Admiralty was afraid it would wind up: Under the guns of another ship in close quarters. Though given its lack of armor that Saipan was being rather brave as well.

See, Wargaming THIS is why we need an 8" armed Lexington-class in the game.

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
4,400 posts
13 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

First 30 seconds of the video is strictly for orientation purposes.  Note the mini-map and the location of green CVs.  We are working in tandem and pushing on the flank away from the red surface ships, hoping to make something happen. Unbeknownst to me, the red CVs are doing EXACTLY the same thing!!!!  The four CVs are on a collision course.  Visual contact is made at about 33 seconds.  I had just launched a squadron, originally intended as a strike force toward the reds main forces.  The sudden appearance of the red CVs called for an immediate re-direct....the fight was on.  Two minutes of sheer knife-fight-range CV on CV action.  It was a blast.  Hope you enjoy it:

That was great! And I hope you have seen all of his vid on the TLJ!