You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mothermoy

gonna give credit where credit is due...these crates are really good

51 comments in this topic

[OBS]
Members
315 posts
963 battles

so enterprise was an instabuy for me. so i figure, ill toss in another 20 and see what these crates give me.....and hoy boy these grates were good for me. i got saipain enterprise and kaga, three sets of coal and a ton of flags. i know i have torn wg apart in the past for bad crates, but these crates are perfect. Makes me wnat to spend more in the future. Good job WG. (i bought 20 crates)

• Cool 6
  • Meh 4

[R-R-R]
Members
1,051 posts
9,940 battles

Clearly most players still don't understand what RNG crates mean.

That is why companies have been able to earn so much from these crates.

• Cool 4
  • Meh 1

[OBS]
Members
315 posts
963 battles
2 minutes ago, Exciton8964 said:

Clearly most players still don't understand what RNG crates mean.

That is why companies have been able to earn so much from these crates.

agreed, which why there are good crates and bad crates. which is why every time i buy some i come here to give feedback. i know im not the only one who has gotten a good haul from a 20 spot. wg has done horrific crates in the past. these however seem to have good value. 

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,084 posts
4,442 battles

The drop rates are insane. I have heard or 3 or 4 in just 10 or 20 containers. 

But if you pause and think, it does kinda make sense. Wg wants to get CVs to he abnormal class. Best way to flood the queue? New premiums. 

[GREEK]
Members
1,007 posts
24 minutes ago, Mothermoy said:

so enterprise was an instabuy for me. so i figure, ill toss in another 20 and see what these crates give me.....and hoy boy these grates were good for me. i got saipain enterprise and kaga, three sets of coal and a ton of flags. i know i have torn wg apart in the past for bad crates, but these crates are perfect. Makes me wnat to spend more in the future. Good job WG. (i bought 20 crates)

I got 240 camos out of 45 crates. 

• Meh 1

[R-R-R]
Members
1,051 posts
9,940 battles
8 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

But if you pause and think, it does kinda make sense. Wg wants to get CVs to he abnormal class. Best way to flood the queue? New premiums. 

I am not sure about that.

I have seen ppl getting 0 out of 20 containers as well. People who get good results are more likely to show off and this creates a false  expectation around the community.

I am not gonna spend a cent on these crates unless they start publishing drop rate one day.

Edited by Exciton8964
  • Cool 2

[NSEW]
Members
1,726 posts
10,368 battles
21 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

I don't know where you got that info from to arrive at that conclusion. Mostly, if you browse the threads about what they got. It's mostly about players who got stuff they wanted versus not what they wished for. I'd hazard to guess that the unfortunates don't post here due to it being bad manners.

[P237B]
Members
156 posts
1,110 battles
19 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

If you kept track of everything you ended up with, adding it to the reddit thread might help them get a accurate % for everything:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/bchnh1/naval_aviation_containers_stats/

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles

Don't forget that another set of crates with rare ship drops are planned for 8.3. According to the Dev Bulletin for 8.3, the early access Russian BBs will be in containers with rare drops. The Victory event starts in 8.3 as well, so I'm sure some new name will be done for those containers. If the four week schedule for a patch holds, update 8.3 will drop on Wednesday, April 24th. Since the Space Battles event calendar runs to April 24th as well, that looks to be the next planned update.

[FTH]
Members
1,001 posts
15,222 battles

I got lucky and out of 5 crates got the Enterprise...the only one of them I actually wanted, which was why I figured if I got any, it would be anything BUT that..lol…..the value is good, truth be told, anything besides the camos I'd have been halfway okay with...and still got 20 of those..may be one of the rare times I come away from an event happy. I know it's RNG, but it favored me this time.

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
93 posts
3,239 battles
1 hour ago, JonnyFreedom said:

So what was in the other 33 crates?

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,637 battles
13 hours ago, _1204_ said:

It's just more CV spam 

Edited by Commander_367

[S-N-D]
Members
3,282 posts
7,658 battles
13 hours ago, Mothermoy said:

If they were that productive for everyone they would lose money with them compared to just selling the ship. 

[ARGSY]
Members
18,363 posts
12,767 battles
14 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Don't forget that another set of crates with rare ship drops are planned for 8.3. According to the Dev Bulletin for 8.3, the early access Russian BBs will be in containers with rare drops. 

And this is where we will ONCE AGAIN see the level of crazy that people will truly descend to in this game, where impatient fools with more money than sense will almost certainly spend more money trying to get early unlocks than they would have had to pay to FXP to them when the line is released.

Note that I am specifically NOT talking about crate-whales who spam them to insane levels because they actually want the flags and other goodies.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
51 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

And this is where we will ONCE AGAIN see the level of crazy that people will truly descend to in this game, where impatient fools with more money than sense will almost certainly spend more money trying to get early unlocks than they would have had to pay to FXP to them when the line is released.

Note that I am specifically NOT talking about crate-whales who spam them to insane levels because they actually want the flags and other goodies.

People are upset about the current CV-pocalypse, but wait for the Stalinium-pocalypse that will be 8.4. Because if 8.3 stays on target for April, 24th with the RU early access BBs, then 8.4 would be the full Russian BB line on May 22nd if it stays on target.

Use the Force Wargaming, use the Force. :Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF6]
Members
855 posts
7,914 battles
6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

People are upset about the current CV-pocalypse, but wait for the Stalinium-pocalypse that will be 8.4. Because if 8.3 stays on target for April, 24th with the RU early access BBs, then 8.4 would be the full Russian BB line on May 22nd if it stays on target.

I wouldn't count on the Russian BB line release having as much of an effect as previous releases . The nerfs to the Russian BB's are starting to make them look like hot crap spread on stale bread . The more I hear ,the less interested I become . I think a lot of the player base may be as tired as I am with the game in general as well .

• Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,363 posts
12,767 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

I am not sure what will be more amusing - the crate spammers, or the FXP converters who pay big bux to get to T10 and find they don't like the ships (especially since Conquerors, Japanese BBQ destroyers and Khabs will potentially exhaust their DCP and then permaburn them).

Remember too from the dev blog that the general plan is to split the RU BB line at T10, so they will have TWO such battleships to FXP to. 

The salt is going to be GLORIOUS.

[TSF]
Members
73 posts
10,038 battles

I'm please that you are happy with the crates, at least someone is.

My experiences with these loot boxes was another disappointment, which seems to be an increasing trend with WG loot boxes, and WG products in general.

I purchased 20 boxes, ended up with 1 ship, 24000 coal, 120 flags, and 220 Sci fi camo. I have more camo than I can use, so the camo was the least interesting item to me, by far. Camo made up over half of the boxes.

I have purchased every loot box set that WG has offered, but this may well be the last. Ever increasing cost, ever decreasing returns, combined with the CV fiasco, is quickly souring me not only on loot boxes, but also the game itself.

I recommend a hard pass on these loot boxes, but if you do buy, I wish you luck.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
57 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I am not sure what will be more amusing - the crate spammers, or the FXP converters who pay big bux to get to T10 and find they don't like the ships (especially since Conquerors, Japanese BBQ destroyers and Khabs will potentially exhaust their DCP and then permaburn them).

Remember too from the dev blog that the general plan is to split the RU BB line at T10, so they will have TWO such battleships to FXP to. 

The salt is going to be GLORIOUS.

:Smile_teethhappy:

45 minutes ago, Litigo_1970 said:

I'm please that you are happy with the crates, at least someone is.

My experiences with these loot boxes was another disappointment, which seems to be an increasing trend with WG loot boxes, and WG products in general.

I purchased 20 boxes, ended up with 1 ship, 24000 coal, 120 flags, and 220 Sci fi camo. I have more camo than I can use, so the camo was the least interesting item to me, by far. Camo made up over half of the boxes.

I have purchased every loot box set that WG has offered, but this may well be the last. Ever increasing cost, ever decreasing returns, combined with the CV fiasco, is quickly souring me not only on loot boxes, but also the game itself.

I recommend a hard pass on these loot boxes, but if you do buy, I wish you luck.

So you spent $80 and got a $50-$60 CV, 1.6 Super Containers of coal and 120 Draconic flags, but it's a hard pass? :Smile_amazed:

[OBS]
Members
315 posts
963 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

:Smile_teethhappy:

So you spent $80 and got a $50-$60 CV, 1.6 Super Containers of coal and 120 Draconic flags, but it's a hard pass? :Smile_amazed:

not only that he got a 10 point captain with that cv. 

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
Just now, Mothermoy said:

not only that he got a 10 point captain with that cv. 

In FXP, the worst way to make a 10pt Cmdr, he would be worth ~$20.

[INTEL]
Members
12,354 posts
34,342 battles
7 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

No one will quit playing Randoms because the MM has lots of Russian battleships. 

Unlike with CVs.

More Russian battleships will make the game fun and interesting.

Unlike CVs.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
38 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

No one will quit playing Randoms because the MM has lots of Russian battleships. 

Unlike with CVs.

More Russian battleships will make the game fun and interesting.

Unlike CVs.

Someone will say that they are quitting over too many BBs. Sure as sunrise.