You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ClassicLib

Naval Battles Not Getting Counted

22 comments in this topic

[SIAS]
Members
315 posts
12,539 battles

Did you make sure to turn your attempts on? I spaced out and forgot myself today and missed 2 nice games.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
787 posts
6,055 battles
4 minutes ago, TheTrickpony said:

Did you make sure to turn your attempts on? I spaced out and forgot myself today and missed 2 nice games.

this and only ships with tech trees count , ie, no RS BBs or Italian ships, or commonwealth ships count

[INTEL]
Members
2,783 posts
15,335 battles
37 minutes ago, TheTrickpony said:

Absolutely.  I was burned a couple of weeks ago.  My div mate was burned the battle prior to the one I just played in.

I sent in a support ticket for the first one.  I was certain then as well.  Support said the file logs show I wasn't.  Been careful since then to check after every single battle.

[INTEL]
Members
2,783 posts
15,335 battles
33 minutes ago, missile742 said:

this and only ships with tech trees count , ie, no RS BBs or Italian ships, or commonwealth ships count

T7 Lyon.  1272 XP against a 300 XP French battleship requirement.  AND, the attempts count did not go down.  The switch showed Enabled after the battle.

[SIAS]
Members
315 posts
12,539 battles

The other thing I can think of is a clan member attempting at the same time, finishing before you, raising the bar and not meeting the new requirement. Had it happen today, CV went from 900 to 1500 while I was in my attempt and failed because of it. 

Edited by TheTrickpony
  • Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
2,783 posts
15,335 battles
2 hours ago, TheTrickpony said:

The other thing I can think of is a clan member attempting at the same time, finishing before you, raising the bar and not meeting the new requirement. Had it happen today, CV went from 900 to 1500 while I was in my attempt and failed because of it. 

Nope not it.  We are all on Discord and I checked the results.  I finished well over the bar.

[USCC2]
Members
34 posts
32,216 battles

Had it happen to us today.  Definitely a bug.  We had 3 clan members in a div, and we were the only ones in our clan playing at the time.  One had already played and gotten a few stars earlier in the day.  For two of us, it was our first attempt.  All definitely enabled.  One guy got a star who had already been playing.  The other "first attempt" guy and me were going for a 900 level and got over 1,800 and 2,400 respectively.  Neither of us got stars for the battle.  

[MHG]
Members
100 posts
20,649 battles

I noticed that when I readied in division and then went and enabled the naval battles that the battle would not count toward naval battles.  Future battles would.  I suspect you have to enable the naval battles before readying in the division.  Haven't tested this.  Is this possibly what happened?

Edited by CuriousShadow
  • Cool 1

[NWS]
Members
231 posts
6,315 battles

There are so much wrong with Naval Battles especially for us, when we know we have won, and in like all the time the other clan hasn't even moved in results and then last 90 minutes they get 6 stars which is just riduculas. 

But also check these images out, this is what happened to us last night, look at what wow says about our attempts. Which proves to me that someone is messing with the results and probably a dev. 

strange attempts on all of us.png

strange attempts.png

[O_S_D]
Members
149 posts
13,559 battles
51 minutes ago, CrusaderQueen said:

There are so much wrong with Naval Battles especially for us, when we know we have won, and in like all the time the other clan hasn't even moved in results and then last 90 minutes they get 6 stars which is just riduculas. 

But also check these images out, this is what happened to us last night, look at what wow says about our attempts. Which proves to me that someone is messing with the results and probably a dev. 

strange attempts on all of us.png

strange attempts.png

The same thing has happened to me 2 and 3 weeks ago when looking at results.  It was OK this week, but like your first screen grab no stars earned were displayed.  It is a glitch that has never had an effect on the actual scores because we watch our scores very carefully. 

What I have seen is doubling of attempt counts.  In your case every attempt has been tripled.  Notice that everything is divisible by 3.  If you go in and look at the actual stars earned by each player everything adds up properly.  In my case the class results were also messed up, such as Russian dd showing twice of each attempt and star, but again, the actual total was correct.

[INTEL]
Members
2,783 posts
15,335 battles

It's still happening to me. And my clanmates are reporting the same.

What seems to work in some instances is not be in a division or Ready Up the ship in a division and then make toggle the button to count the try change.  We've seen multiple fails in divisions.

But that's not the only scenario.  I've had it happen to me twice when I've not been in a division.  I've gone to:

1. Select ship
  2. If in a division, ensure I'm not battle-ready
  3. Toggle the button to Count Try, even if it's already in that position.  I'll toggle it anyway.
  4. If in a division, go Battle ready
  5. Battle

each...and...every...time

It doesn't break for the majority of battles (but it does seem to break more often when the battle would have been successful :-)

[INTEL]
Members
2,783 posts
15,335 battles
45 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

One other possible factor: the threshold is base XP, not total XP

This is not the problem with my attempts or my clan's attempts.  I've seen the battle results screen and each time the base XP was above the requirement.  I'm confident there is a bug.

[RDS-A]
Members
7 posts
13,879 battles

What are the times of naval battles for the weekend stars event?

The end time has seemingly changed and when facing an EU clan it seems like they have additional hours as they are gaining stars by the end of the session on NA but posting them earlier at the start of the star-earning weekend.

Also, many stars not credited or attempts deducted.  I placed a support ticket, they are aware of that part, but no mention on the times.

[NWS]
Members
231 posts
6,315 battles
15 hours ago, Zeus_cat said:

The same thing has happened to me 2 and 3 weeks ago when looking at results.  It was OK this week, but like your first screen grab no stars earned were displayed.  It is a glitch that has never had an effect on the actual scores because we watch our scores very carefully. 

What I have seen is doubling of attempt counts.  In your case every attempt has been tripled.  Notice that everything is divisible by 3.  If you go in and look at the actual stars earned by each player everything adds up properly.  In my case the class results were also messed up, such as Russian dd showing twice of each attempt and star, but again, the actual total was correct.

Not every attempt was tripled, there were one's like 27/10, and we watch our results very carefully also, those screenshots were taken directly before one of members got another star and then the rewarding process happened, so there was no way the other clan could have got the number they ended up with in that short time span. One or two stars difference, I can understand but 6, not possible. Especially when hardly any of them were online at the time.

[INTEL]
Members
2,783 posts
15,335 battles
13 hours ago, Eli_Porter said:

What are the times of naval battles for the weekend stars event?

The end time has seemingly changed and when facing an EU clan it seems like they have additional hours as they are gaining stars by the end of the session on NA but posting them earlier at the start of the star-earning weekend.

Also, many stars not credited or attempts deducted.  I placed a support ticket, they are aware of that part, but no mention on the times.

I reported this a month ago.  At the time they said the logs showed I had not activated the Attempts counter before the battle.  No doubt that's what the logs show.  What wasn't accounted for is that there's something between me and the log files (the game).

Maybe they have figured out there actually is a problem?

[INTEL]
Members
2,783 posts
15,335 battles

Update: Naval Battles are now being toggled on when entering the game.  They were turned off prior to even starting this week's Naval Battle.

It has happened to several of my clan in the last 2 days.

[SKI]
Members
247 posts
47,431 battles

it has started happening to us today  .... two of my Clan members, BOTH in a Div with me, didn't get Stars when they should have....

it's another typical WG  clusterflop.....

[-AGW-]
Members
975 posts
12,832 battles

Yep. Had one game not counted today. In a Russian DD of all things. Unless there's a really long delay.

[INTEL]
Members
2,783 posts
15,335 battles

The new thing that's happening is that Count Attempts is now turned on without the player doing it.  I started battle on Friday and forgot about Naval Battles until a clanmate reminded me.  I went to turn them on and it was already on and had counted two battles.

Happened to another clan member as well.