Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Fly Strike Win Three Containers Oh Yea!!!

28 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,373 posts

Worked my stern off to get the airdrop containers (or whatever there name is these days) and you won't believe what I got!!! 

Spoiler

Each container had one set of two signal flags!!! Wow!!! 

Two Wyvern, Two Scylla and Two Hydra!!! Wow wow and wow!

I'm sure you can understand my overwhelming joy at receiving these after grinding, grinding and grinding. 

Thanks WoWS. 

Did you do better? Tell me about it! (tiafyc)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,771 posts
22,131 battles

The Air Drop containers are very underwhelming. I am thankful for the oil farmed, don't even remember what was inside the crates. 

[-RNG-]
Members
528 posts
12,407 battles

Same.  I haven’t received anything other than a pair of flags in any I have received, to my recollection.   While I am always thankful for free things in a FTP game, color me underwhelmed....

Comp.  #WV44

Edited by TheCompGuy25
Spelling

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,373 posts
On 4/12/2019 at 7:00 PM, TheCompGuy25 said:

Same.  I haven’t received anything other than a pair of flags in any I have received, to my recollection.   While I am always thankful for free things in a FTP game, color me underwhelmed....

Comp.  #WV44

See... I think they miss the obvious... if the in-game crates gave out a bit better stuff, I'd be more tempted to open the creaky wallet and spring for the premium store crates. 

If they really wanted my money, they'd have brought out the RN premium carrier with the other ones... alas, no known date (is there?) on it's release. I think it'll be the best premium carrier - but I digress.

They get really close in getting us hard nuts to crack but always seem to fall just a bit short. 

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,844 posts
42,321 battles

I concur with all of the above.

[TDRB]
Members
4,434 posts
12,588 battles

Yes, the Fly-Strike-win containers have been rather lame. The 5 containers I bought were surprisingly very good.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,627 posts
10,542 battles

Yeah, they are pretty crappy. 

[ARGSY]
Members
18,281 posts
12,732 battles
On 4/12/2019 at 8:17 PM, Herr_Reitz said:

Worked my stern off to get the airdrop containers (or whatever there name is these days) and you won't believe what I got!!! 

Hide contents

Strawman argument if I ever saw one.

The real prize for these directives. is the permacamos they're offering for American heavy cruisers and French cruisers from T6 to T9. The Naval aviation containers are just a side order of whatever.

If this directive were only about those containers, I don't think I'd have given a rat's posterior.

Did you not notice the camos? Did you not even care because you don't want or need them for whatever reason? (Big hint: others do.)

Or are you screaming and whining and stamping your feet because the ordinary containers did not drop a premium carrier in your lap for all that effort?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[QQ7]
Members
13 posts
4,050 battles

I haven't had the best luck with them, but one of my clanmates somehow pulled an Enterprise from his first Fly-Strike-Win container.

[WOLF2]
Members
563 posts
15,755 battles

My personal policy is not to complain about getting free stuff, so I’ll say it like this....I sorta wish these air drop containers had MORE free stuff? :Smile_sceptic:  They’re very underwhelming.

I’ve mostly gotten the ones that have 3 sci-fi camos.  Also a few of the 2 dragon flags.  The only sorta good one was 2000 coal and I only got that one once.   Free stuff is still free stuff though,  not gonna complain (much).

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,373 posts
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Strawman argument if I ever saw one.

The real prize for these directives. is the permacamos they're offering for American heavy cruisers and French cruisers from T6 to T9. The Naval aviation containers are just a side order of whatever.

If this directive were only about those containers, I don't think I'd have given a rat's posterior.

Did you not notice the camos? Did you not even care because you don't want or need them for whatever reason? (Big hint: others do.)

Or are you screaming and whining and stamping your feet because the ordinary containers did not drop a premium carrier in your lap for all that effort?

Wow what side of the bed did you crawl out of today? No matter, it seems either side would be wrong, today. 

No, don't care about space camos. Might care about regular style permacamos... especially if they were for a carrier, you know, as they are, overall, the most expensive type to play. 

The offer was also put forth by WoWS/WG about winning free ships. Okay, so I've seen maybe three people post they got one - but those seem to be from the purchased Air Containers, not the in-game ones. Maybe one was, but I don't think it was made clear.

So they probably should have named the series Radar Fire Win as I don't see many cruisers Flying. Right. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,281 posts
12,732 battles
10 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

but those seem to be from the purchased Air Containers, not the in-game ones.

I have seen at least two reports of wins from the free containers; one a Graf Zeppelin, the other an Enterprise.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,373 posts

Okay... well out of the three I've seen posted, two from the free. Maybe I saw only two, who knows? Considering the limited number given to a player, three sets of two flags each is weak. It's not like they're handing them out like used hankies. 

[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
842 posts
5,664 battles

I got 1 flag and I was happy to have it. You kids these days. Complaining about free flags when kids in the third world may never even see one. You ingrates. :Smile_hiding:

Lol

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,657 posts
4,602 battles
On 4/12/2019 at 5:47 PM, Herr_Reitz said:

Three containers!  Hoor .. huh?  9 camos?

To be fair, though, along with the 9 camos came 2 permanent camos and 3000? Coal.  So it wasn't a total bust.

Edited by iDuckman

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,373 posts
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Three containers!  Hoor .. huh?  9 camos?

To be fair, though, along with the 9 camos came 2 permanent camos and 3000? Coal.  So it wasn't a total bust.

Witch camos? :cap_haloween:

[AAA]
Members
1,728 posts
12,715 battles
On 4/12/2019 at 6:47 PM, Herr_Reitz said:

Hide contents

Each container had one set of two signal flags!!! Wow!!! 

Two Wyvern, Two Scylla and Two Hydra!!! Wow wow and wow!

I'm sure you can understand my overwhelming joy at receiving these after grinding, grinding and grinding. 

Thanks WoWS. 

I mean you could have gotten more sci fi camos like the rest of us...

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,373 posts
55 minutes ago, JustAdapt said:

I mean you could have gotten more sci fi camos like the rest of us...

Would that be a bad thing or a good thing ?  :cap_haloween:

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,657 posts
4,602 battles
3 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Witch camos? :cap_haloween:

No, not Hallowe'en camos.  9 Space camos.  They're decent camos, so no real complaints.  But a bit underwhelming for the work required to get them.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,373 posts
26 minutes ago, DemonW0lf said:

I never even tried to do any of it lol

I don't deliberately set out to do them, they just happen. :cap_haloween:

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,373 posts

Well thankfully I've finished the FSW campaign, afaik... oh sure there's some undone missions but the rewards aren't worth the effort, imo. So looking forward to those three crates again and ta-daa, look what I got! 

Spoiler

shot-19_04.19_23_34.03-0399.jpg.2bdd2133213e5248997761cd8a3446da.jpg

What could top that, eh?! 

I know some of you will be jealous of my rewards but that's a.okay... when it rains, it does pour. :cap_like:

[SYN]
Members
15,688 posts
12,778 battles

It could be worse

shot-19_04_19_23_19.03-0779.thumb.jpg.700ed225f79ea51c320c512ac280548c.jpg

Sign in to follow this