You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sumseaman

Thank you to the players that have supported the CV rework

94 comments in this topic

[187]
Members
1,626 posts
10,811 battles

Here here, variety is the spice of life and change brings growth and new opportunities.  

When you're green you grow when you're ripe you rot.

• Cool 2

[LTPTG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,809 posts
1,473 battles

Yup, all those crybabies should just take a hike the rework made CV a more exciting class and balance it out at the same time.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 19

[NSEW]
Members
1,712 posts
10,359 battles

Frankly, after my other post about trying out CV (as a non CV main - that a thing?). I've managed to get up to T8 RN CV. Via the thing/directive we just had. 

For what its worth. Strictly speaking of CV itself; I do enjoy the CV play. I wasn't a fan of RTS style (i'm not talking about other things like Match Making, or other things). Now, I play her (T8 RN CV) since she already has a perma camo. Which mitigates my credit losses per game. Playing without Premium (I have other financial commitments than this for now).

[WOLF6]
Members
1,557 posts
4,949 battles

Just for the downvote I will attach a juicy shot of a simply delicious Enterprise game from yesterday....succulent! 

52.jpg

• Cool 7
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 8

[WOLF6]
Members
1,557 posts
4,949 battles
4 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Here's my submission: 

Hide contents

shot-19_04.03_19_17.09-0046.thumb.jpg.01305d4922280043c91109d0d534f64e.jpg

92 secondaries! Very nice work! :Smile_teethhappy:

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,957 posts
14,614 battles

Thanks for help to destroy the good cv gameplay! :P

• Cool 1
  • Meh 4

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
960 posts
8,739 battles

May my salty tears keep your cv’s afloat.. yes I hate cvs. Yes I admit I’m salty about them. Yes I’m salty that they’re is an uptick in cv game play because of massive cv premium sell. No, I don’t hate you for playing them. No, don’t ask me to try them again because I have already tried them in the test server before they dropped. 

May my aa rip your planes to threads ;)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5
  • Meh 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,557 posts
4,949 battles
11 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Decent game from today.

shot-19.04.12_16.14.57-0821.jpg

That's more than decent in the Kaga. Top tier?

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,177 posts
14,046 battles
1 hour ago, C_D said:

Here here, variety is the spice of life and change brings growth and new opportunities.  

When you're green you grow when you're ripe you rot.

You sound like management here I work lol:cap_hmm:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,756 posts
22,123 battles
1 hour ago, Sumseaman said:

After all the doomsayers and salt players are still choosing to embrace carriers as a class choice. It's keeping the game fresh and enjoyable whether in a carrier or playing against one. AA has reason to exist. Old and stale playstyles are no longer viable.

I know people are going to claim it's a brief fad with the rerelease of the premium 8s though there has been a pleasant shift in the meta which I certainly hope remains.

Try new things guys! It's about fun after all!

I am guessing your first sentence is supposed to say "not embracing", otherwise it makes no sense in relation to the rest of your post. 

About half the player base liked the rework and about half didn't. Course we also lost around 30% of the player base as well after the rework, numbers are higher globally so am thinking a majority of players did not like it. Now that they are gone the numbers are more even. The rework only changed the meta from a stale, stagnant gameplay to stale, stagnant, ball up in a group gameplay. One only has to read the forums to see that but there is nothing more dynamic about PvP play. I suppose for carrier players it may be since they are just flying around in planes without fear of being outplayed by the red carrier. With the older RTS system, you actually had to be good to do well because the better carrier player would dominate those who lacked the skill or who did not put any effort into learning CV play.

I don't believe anyone is thinking it is a fad. We have lost the players who were disgusted by the rework and all that is left of the "anti cv rework" crowd are those of us who are resigned to it, those who are hoping things will get better and are not ready to throw in the towel, those who have left PvP to play other modes, and those who waiting to see if they will quit once the meta actually takes hold since there are more changes in the works. Personally I expect player numbers will fall a bit more before this is all over. Growth has always been stagnant, the rework has turned that slight growth into an actual decline. That trend should continue for a while. Carriers are not attracting new players to the game, only turning current players into carrier players who didn't play the class before as well as driving off many from the game. 

But yeah, call it a success if that makes you happy... Have fun. 

• Cool 12
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

Members
6 posts
176 battles

As someone who semi-frequently plays CV and likes how the CV rework PLAYS... double CV games are overall detrimental to the gameplay enjoyment, even when playing as a CV.

The biggest is problem is lack of proper counterplay. ''Well just cluster together for grouped AA!'' That kinda works, but since they nerfed group AA damage for god knows what reason... and being clustered up together just makes you easier targets especially for DD's, capping becomes harder and the game revolves around even more camping than usual.

Also in an ironic twist, the best counter to a CV was another CV, now they hardly interact with each other. You can drop a fighter consumable.... yay. Oh wait what's the enemy CV doing, just flying around it? well ok then...

AA damage overall has also been nerfed, because heaven forbid a CV player should get punished for making a mistake!

Again, I love how CV style plays, but AA should be more effective, and double CV games should be stopped, period. one CV max per team. Right now game is in a very unhealthy state, especially right now with the premiums on sale.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
3,800 posts
16,228 battles

Well said Taylor3006 !  Let's look at reality:  update 8.0 lasted how long?   The population did what in relation to update 8.0?  Spending went in what direction with the update 8.0 release?   Hmmmm.....   want to guess!?!  DOWN.  How do i know that without a single piece of WG provided data:  how long did 8.0 last lads..........days, because the player base told WG in no uncertain terms to bugger off....  Let's see, where are we at?  8.1-2-3-4 et al. till the sales gimmicks expire; the Carrier sale gimmicks....  We've lost too many good friends and players to this mess.....what a shame.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[WOLF6]
Members
1,557 posts
4,949 battles
22 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I am guessing your first sentence is supposed to say "not embracing", otherwise it makes no sense in relation to the rest of your post. 

About half the player base liked the rework and about half didn't. Course we also lost around 30% of the player base as well after the rework, numbers are higher globally so am thinking a majority of players did not like it. Now that they are gone the numbers are more even. The rework only changed the meta from a stale, stagnant gameplay to stale, stagnant, ball up in a group gameplay. One only has to read the forums to see that but there is nothing more dynamic about PvP play. I suppose for carrier players it may be since they are just flying around in planes without fear of being outplayed by the red carrier. With the older RTS system, you actually had to be good to do well because the better carrier player would dominate those who lacked the skill or who did not put any effort into learning CV play.

I don't believe anyone is thinking it is a fad. We have lost the players who were disgusted by the rework and all that is left of the "anti cv rework" crowd are those of us who are resigned to it, those who are hoping things will get better and are not ready to throw in the towel, those who have left PvP to play other modes, and those who waiting to see if they will quit once the meta actually takes hold since there are more changes in the works. Personally I expect player numbers will fall a bit more before this is all over. Growth has always been stagnant, the rework has turned that slight growth into an actual decline. That trend should continue for a while. Carriers are not attracting new players to the game, only turning current players into carrier players who didn't play the class before as well as driving off many from the game. 

But yeah, call it a success if that makes you happy... Have fun. 

Baseless assumptions! I travelled the world personally interviewing hundreds of thousands of players who all agree the rework has rejuvenated the game and all we need now is subs!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,503 posts
26 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

That's more than decent in the Kaga. Top tier?

T8 game.

[FTH]
Members
1,001 posts
15,222 battles
43 minutes ago, pastore123 said:

May my salty tears keep your cv’s afloat.. yes I hate cvs. Yes I admit I’m salty about them. Yes I’m salty that they’re is an uptick in cv game play because of massive cv premium sell. No, I don’t hate you for playing them. No, don’t ask me to try them again because I have already tried them in the test server before they dropped. 

May my aa rip your planes to threads ;)

Honestly...this kind of opposition I can respect...I enjoy the rework, but I don't expect everybody to...it's the ones going into games saying they wish CV players would die that are rather aggravating, as well as that special one that wished their families died too...

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,756 posts
22,123 battles
1 minute ago, Sumseaman said:

Baseless assumptions! I travelled the world personally interviewing hundreds of thousands of players who all agree the rework has rejuvenated the game and all we need now is subs!

Numbers don't lie but whatever. Your "feels" about the game are irrelevant as are mine, only the numbers matter. 

• Meh 1

[S-N-D]
Members
3,271 posts
7,658 battles
6 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Numbers don't lie but whatever. Your "feels" about the game are irrelevant as are mine, only the numbers matter. 

Numbers don't matter either, frankly. WG doesn't design or balance the game based on player input.

[WORX]
Members
9,574 posts
17,573 battles
2 hours ago, Sumseaman said:

After all the doomsayers and salt players are still choosing to embrace carriers as a class choice. It's keeping the game fresh and enjoyable whether in a carrier or playing against one. AA has reason to exist. Old and stale playstyles are no longer viable.

I know people are going to claim it's a brief fad with the rerelease of the premium 8s though there has been a pleasant shift in the meta which I certainly hope remains.

Try new things guys! It's about fun after all!

From patch 0.8.0, I was a big cheerleader for the rework and the CV class.

From pach 0.8.0.1 on-ward, I was off the bandwagon for good.

I guess, I was not fond of the current in-game role/job/capabilities WOWS portray CVs. Its against WOWS brand of being "historically accurate ship warfare" as they advertise.

Also, other ships who use torps got the unintended CV nerf bat.

Yes, some people will find the current CV meta fun. Bless them if they do. I would say its %90 negative to %10 positive. I view the CV rework as a failure on its mission/merits of its original mission statement objective.

Bottom line, CV play is not for everyone (ala RTS pre  patch 0.8.0). Those who can play them, bless you... But, it doesn't mean you're going to be well recived .

Edited by Navalpride33

[WOLF6]
Members
1,557 posts
4,949 battles
Just now, CommodoreKang said:

How'd that game go, @Sumseaman:P

Hehe. We lost surprise surprise. Gave you a +1 for your bravery with the Fletch! :Smile_teethhappy: 

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
2,350 posts
5,943 battles
Just now, Sumseaman said:

Hehe. We lost surprise surprise. Gave you a +1 for your bravery with the Fletch! :Smile_teethhappy: 

Yep.  PIcked the short end of the death ball.  Again. lol 

Nice to see you out amongst the peasants :)