You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Finnkax

Spacebattles - defeat after defeat - ment to be like this?

16 comments in this topic

[LTPTG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,809 posts
1,473 battles

I actually liked space battles as it’s like playing in random, glade I mostly won by playing BBs. Sinking all those fat cruisers is so much fun. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
5,603 posts
19,230 battles

2 losses, 9 wins yesterday. 

1 attack, rest defending. 

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,614 posts
4,602 battles

I've played Space Assault 8 times - all losses.  Five times as attacker and three as defender.

I had to quit playing last night I was getting so mad.  Defending, we're ahead on points, three intact generators, and up 4 ships.  Within minutes, I was dead, we were down on points, down seven ships, and lost humiliatingly. 

This mode is an exercise in frustration.  I didn't like it in PT and I don't like it now.

[--K--]
Members
5,332 posts
16,759 battles

After a while I just get bored of them. I haven't even unlocked all the ships that will be taken away when the event is over. 
I think one reason I gave up on them is getting stuck with the potato team, who die early yolo'ing or do absolutely nothing. 
The fact most of the FSW missions don't count in Space Battles was also a turn off. 
I am tempted to get one perma T10 camo for a ship that needs it but that 8k price tag is hard to swallow. 

Edited by RedSeaBear

[R-R-R]
Members
1,051 posts
9,912 battles

Lost 2 out of 12 games on defense. Both lost games were in DDs.

Won 4 out of 13 games on offense. 

I think it is just much easier to win in defense than offense in uncoordinated environment.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,535 posts
2,257 battles
1 hour ago, DolphinPrincess said:

This applies to every game mode. Unwinnable games happen, accept it and do better next time.

shot-19.png

...how bad was the rest of your team for this to have been a loss?

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,177 posts
14,046 battles

If this is something you are already doing, then disregard.

Defending, team does better staying close to the generators. This is in general. Don't get over extended. The heal is your friend. Sometimes you can ignore fires or floods. Stay alive

Attacking, you have respawn, it is nice, but also takes up valuable time. Stay alive and in the fight. The faster you kill ships the more you can focus fire survivors. The defenders don't respawn. Don't forget the generators.

If you get a stacked match, peeps are doing their own thing, getting out of position. It shows as the game goes on.

Play a ship class you do best in.

Best of luck!

Members
1,925 posts
7,591 battles
30 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

...how bad was the rest of your team for this to have been a loss?

Probably like the teammates I've been getting past several games.

Spoiler

shot-19_04.09_21_54.32-0014.thumb.jpg.24c47df999499568330244f319a5493d.jpg

Spoiler

shot-19_04.09_21_52.39-0364.thumb.jpg.e838a88d4d136ec1aa900506b8e870d4.jpg

[-AGW-]
Members
975 posts
12,832 battles
1 hour ago, RedSeaBear said:

I think one reason I gave up on them is getting stuck with the potato team, who die early yolo'ing or do absolutely nothing. 

It does rather highlight the potatoness of your team in a way that in randoms we have come to take for granted. 

You get to re-spawn. Push damn it!

[LTPTG]
2,809 posts
1,473 battles

I remember one time a cruisers got sunk by their teams DD. 

[--K--]
Members
5,332 posts
16,759 battles
4 minutes ago, NashW8 said:

It does rather highlight the potatoness of your team in a way that in randoms we have come to take for granted. 

You get to re-spawn. Push damn it!

I had team mates who left the game because they died and their Respawned ship were left AFK. I guess they didn't know they got extra lives. 
I also had team who didn't know they would heal so they hid in the back behind the station doing nothing. 

:Smile-angry::fish_palm:

[WOLF7]
Members
5,123 posts
3 hours ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

When you lose, the other team is winning....so.....

I've won more than I've lost, but, it happens.  I've won defending, and attacking.  It's all about the team and the objectives.  Either keep them from the generators or kill the generators.

I was in Paris for a defending game, and I never left the area bounded by the near set of generators.  I bow tanked stuff coming in from the front while my heal kept up with that damage, and shot at broadsides that were exposed. 

If the attackers are farming damage, ignoring the generators, or being their normal passive selves, they'll lose every time.  Every time I win as an attacker, I draw a bunch of fire and get sunk, then respawn.  In the process, teammates are taking advantage of exposed broadsides.    

If the defenders are out there farming damage and not staying in the area to punish access to the generators, they can easily lose.  Don't stray too far, remember, if you get killed out front, you won't respawn.  They will.  Seems like winning defenders make the attackers come to them, and crossfire them as they enter the area where they can see the generators.

[SYN]
Members
15,664 posts
12,778 battles

I think this mode is spoiled by the sheer amount of players running a bot program to grind through the 100k XP.