Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Wows_Nightly_News

Anyone else disapointed with the Zep

54 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles

I got Zeppelin today and boy was I in for a surprise and not the fun kind. GZ's planes are fast but they die so easily. And her  dive bombers and attackers seem quite unreliable. She's also easily bested by other CVs at her tier in torpedo power.

Am I missing something?

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35
[MORSV]
[MORSV]
Beta Testers
149 posts
7,675 battles

You must live under a rock... CV's went from broken, to crap. But WG loves that you spent money on them.......gratz.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
32 minutes ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

I got Zeppelin today and boy was I in for a surprise and not the fun kind. GZ's planes are fast but they die so easily. And her  dive bombers and attackers seem quite unreliable. She's also easily bested by other CVs at her tier in torpedo power.

Am I missing something?

What do you expect? I told you so.
Not that anybody ever listens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
5 minutes ago, TheWhiteRaven said:

Nope.

She got nerfed into the ground. REALLY hoping WG revisits her balance now that we regular players have access to her.

she was nerfed into the ground, for regular players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35
[MORSV]
[MORSV]
Beta Testers
149 posts
7,675 battles
2 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

she was nerfed into the ground, for regular players.

Let's be honest.... it got nerfed cuz Germany NEVER had an actual CV and WG made it to freakin awesome...... wich made them alotta money.... the first time.... and this time...... it was NOT just for regular players...... even for premium players, it got nerfed. Please pull yer brain out, dust it off, and utilize it correctly....... That being said.... CV's are junk. Even the crap players amongst everyone of us can play them..... maybe not competently..... but at least they do not look half as stupid as they did before...... Way to dumb the game down..... they made Fem even look good in a CV.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
Just now, Lollipops said:

it got nerfed cuz Germany NEVER had an actual CV

1024px-Graf-Zeppelin-2.jpg

this cv?

please.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35
[MORSV]
[MORSV]
Beta Testers
149 posts
7,675 battles

What did it actually do? pull yer head out and do yer research, it was launched in 1938 and never finished, never saw action and was nothing but a shell......

  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35
[MORSV]
[MORSV]
Beta Testers
149 posts
7,675 battles
Just now, Lollipops said:

What did it actually do? pull yer head out and do yer research, it was launched in 1938 and never finished, never saw action and was nothing but a shell......

 

9 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

1024px-Graf-Zeppelin-2.jpg

this cv?

please.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
3 minutes ago, Lollipops said:

 

 

how much action did Montana ever see? Was a keel ever laid?

More importantly, why does this matter to you?

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35
[MORSV]
[MORSV]
Beta Testers
149 posts
7,675 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

how much action did Montana ever see? Was a keel ever laid?

*golfclap* You actually sorta pulled yer head out. KINDA. You use a pic of a ship that was never completed, but used it to fight FOR the ship (of which, WG has admitted they have not fixed right yet). Then you use an example of a ship that was not used in WW2, but was finished after WW2, but both are still in the parameters of this game..... so, Me posting that WG has screwed the game up even worse with the CV update made you think that the Montana actually made sense to post about was a smart thing to do why?

 

  • Meh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,587
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,404 posts
10,755 battles
25 minutes ago, Lollipops said:

they made Fem even look good in a CV.

Fem always looked good in a CV !!!!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35
[MORSV]
[MORSV]
Beta Testers
149 posts
7,675 battles
4 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Fem always looked good in a CV !!!!

eh...... she is at least a nice person.....I like her, but my point is, CV play has been dumbed down so bad, even REALLY bad players can look good....... kinda.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
518
[POP]
Members
827 posts
8,041 battles

The fact that all WG said they would no longer adjust premium ships when asked about nerfing the Giulio Cesar coupled with power creep, even premium CV's that are ok now will be outclassed soon enough.  The Saipan is ok and probably my favorite CV at the moment but I would not buy it again.  It is nowhere near as strong compared to other CV's like my Massachusetts is compared to other T8 BB's.

It is really a shame that they have nerfed the premium CV's as much as they have.  Would have been nice to have at least a couple remain strong and just never sell them again (like they did with the Giulio).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,235
[RKLES]
Members
12,208 posts
13,844 battles
1 hour ago, thehelmsman said:

Where. The. Hell. Are. My. Stukas?

--Helms

Sorry I am afraid we had to use them for target practice instead of giving them to Graf Zepplin. 

6BACC03E-9893-4A5D-A173-270A3B0974BA.jpeg.4d1e93494d748f75fcba8e727a3444f4.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34
[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester
187 posts
3,979 battles

I've had my GZ since it first came out, (never sold her) and while she is not the OP beast she was before she is still decent. You have to play her in a different style with the CV rework.

Her TP and DB are VERY fast. Use that speed to your advantage. Spend the 1st couple minutes of the fight scouting out the enemy team and seeing where the stragglers are. Circle back after scouting and drop fighters to cover your DD's or any of your stragglers. Once you see a BB in the back or off by itself you can pounce on it quickly with the speed of the planes. Sadly the rocket planes are not very good, I was hoping for more from then.

Regarding the DB and the small circle its nice to hit, but you need to time it right. You wont get many Cit's if you drop to low. They need time to fall for some reason. Once I started dropping from a higher altitude I got more cits.

If you take her planes straight into the teeth of a ball of ships, your going to get wrecked.  You need to play for mid to late game. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
1 hour ago, Lollipops said:

Let's be honest.... it got nerfed cuz Germany NEVER had an actual CV and WG made it to freakin awesome...... wich made them alotta money.... the first time.... and this time...... it was NOT just for regular players...... even for premium players, it got nerfed. Please pull yer brain out, dust it off, and utilize it correctly....... That being said.... CV's are junk. Even the crap players amongst everyone of us can play them..... maybe not competently..... but at least they do not look half as stupid as they did before...... Way to dumb the game down..... they made Fem even look good in a CV.

:cap_popcorn:

 

Attacking our fem is not wise here.

In before the ban.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
681
[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,690 posts
5,232 battles

It's like they took someone whose only knowledge of naval history was based on "Star Blazers" and made them design the Graf Zep.

 

The really stupid thing is, they'll have to invent a paper ship to fit Graf Zep's real slot at T6, carrying 109Ts and 88Cs, sigh.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
74 posts
4,442 battles
5 hours ago, LoveBote said:

she was nerfed into the ground, for regular players.

this is so true the skill floor on this ship is to high. it requires speed tanking and abusing the living hell out of the torp bombers and some rocket planes. dive bomber are unreliable and mostly a wast of time. it can be made to work but I think it will be adjusted in time.

pic is of my best game in it so far.

shot-19.04.12_23.23.57-0514.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
783 posts
1 hour ago, Spitfire175 said:

this is so true the skill floor on this ship is to high. it requires speed tanking and abusing the living hell out of the torp bombers and some rocket planes. dive bomber are unreliable and mostly a wast of time. it can be made to work but I think it will be adjusted in time.

pic is of my best game in it so far.

shot-19.04.12_23.23.57-0514.jpg

Nice game, that is a ton of flood dmg.  Back on topic, Im disappointed with GZ mainly cause the fighters melt and the bombers just out right suck, torp planes are rather nice but not so nice they make up for the lack of 2/3 strike aircraft being bad.  Im still having fun with her but I dont see her any where remotely close to the other 3 CV in usefulness.  Once you run out of torp planes you are declawed and defanged.

I think they will end up buffing her if she underpreforms, and honestly with a few tweaks i think she will be just as good as the others.

Edited by JToney3449
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
1 hour ago, JToney3449 said:

I think they will end up buffing her if she underpreforms, and honestly with a few tweaks i think she will be just as good as the others.

not for a long time. They were quite firm in their announcement that the rework balancing of premiums, is complete, finished, done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
783 posts
Just now, LoveBote said:

not for a long time. They were quite firm in their announcement that the rework balancing of premiums, is complete, finished, done.

Maybe we will just have to wait and see.  WG first has to see if its underpreforming first, and that will take a while to gather live data.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
11 minutes ago, JToney3449 said:

Maybe we will just have to wait and see.  WG first has to see if its underpreforming first, and that will take a while to gather live data.

nope they did that over the past 2 months. Their decision to nerf Graf was quite deliberate, I am sorry. There is zero hope of individual buffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
174
[FTH]
Members
1,001 posts
15,222 battles
56 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

nope they did that over the past 2 months. Their decision to nerf Graf was quite deliberate, I am sorry. There is zero hope of individual buffs.

Heck, before the buffs, the nerfs have to stop.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×