Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Jmthebigman

Q: Build for CV's with new update and Graf Zep

9 comments in this topic

[BUOY]
Members
853 posts

I wanna know the general builds as well as a build for the graf zep.

This include modification options.

Also any informative videos are also welcome.

Thanks in advance.

0 posts
7 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

@LoveBote,

General question for you to answer

9 hours ago, Jmthebigman said:

I wanna know the general builds as well as a build for the graf zep.

This include modification options.

Also any informative videos are also welcome.

Thanks in advance.

not the only way to do things, but the build below will work for any CV. Tweak and experiment with the 1 point skills to find whatever suits your playstyle, while a concealment build may be preferred for IJN CVs (but again, it is optional). Don't invest in anything apart from AA boosts, for your CV hull. If you are getting caught and sunk by surface ships, you are doing something wrong, in game. Don't get caught, keep moving, keep one eye on the minimap, the other on your main view, make sure both your hull and plane conceal ranges (dotted blue circle) are visible on the minimap.

image.png.ac652f8a3b1a5ddaadbcebc0a7c56553.pngimage.png.27042fc800b8e802b065206a31f8fa73.png

[BUOY]
Members
853 posts
13 hours ago, LoveBote said:

not the only way to do things, but the build below will work for any CV. Tweak and experiment with the 1 point skills to find whatever suits your playstyle, while a concealment build may be preferred for IJN CVs (but again, it is optional). Don't invest in anything apart from AA boosts, for your CV hull. If you are getting caught and sunk by surface ships, you are doing something wrong, in game. Don't get caught, keep moving, keep one eye on the minimap, the other on your main view, make sure both your hull and plane conceal ranges (dotted blue circle) are visible on the minimap.

image.png.ac652f8a3b1a5ddaadbcebc0a7c56553.pngimage.png.27042fc800b8e802b065206a31f8fa73.png

Tnx! Any advice for GZ?

0 posts
43 minutes ago, Jmthebigman said:

Tnx! Any advice for GZ?

the above will work for GZ as any other CV, it is a basic build. When you understand your own playstyle preferences better and get a chance at free respecs, then would be a time to experiment..

[RNDM]
Members
369 posts
7,021 battles
13 hours ago, LoveBote said:

Definitely agree though that it should be to fit play style

Personally would recommend AR (2 points) and LG (1 point) over BFG (3 points). Both help out a lot after a strike as you can either be able to get out of AA or get in one more run. RN CVs may want to consider DE (3 points) if they plan on carpet bombing ships into oblivion.

For Upgrades consider Attack aircraft mod in 3 slot as it might help you to boost from the outer edge of an AA aura to get a strike and set some fires on a large target

Look at what planes you use the most and which have the highest HP and you may also want to consider boosting that in the 4 slot 

0 posts
4 minutes ago, Florendo19 said:

Definitely agree though that it should be to fit play style

Personally would recommend AR (2 points) and LG (1 point) over BFG (3 points). Both help out a lot after a strike as you can either be able to get out of AA or get in one more run. RN CVs may want to consider DE (3 points) if they plan on carpet bombing ships into oblivion.

For Upgrades consider Attack aircraft mod in 3 slot as it might help you to boost from the outer edge of an AA aura to get a strike and set some fires on a large target

Look at what planes you use the most and which have the highest HP and you may also want to consider boosting that in the 4 slot 

I disagree with DE for RN cvs, their fire chance is already so absurdly high, a fire is all but guaranteed anyway, Demolition Expert is a waste of points. But your CV will hull will get attacked by enemy CVs, that can't be avoided. Hence Basic Fire Training for 3 points, combined with a flag, it is usually deterrent enough as it makes you too prickly for an enemy CV to launch a sustained attack.

But I do agree on the slot 3 boost mod, perhaps on USN CVs. But even then, if you are launching an attack outside AA range, (such as versus a dd) you are attacking blind (i.e you cannot see your target) unless you are fortunate to have someone else spotting for you. Not all that common.

[RNDM]
Members
369 posts
7,021 battles
12 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

I disagree with DE for RN cvs, their fire chance is already so absurdly high, a fire is all but guaranteed anyway, Demolition Expert is a waste of points. But your CV will hull will get attacked by enemy CVs, that can't be avoided. Hence Basic Fire Training for 3 points, combined with a flag, it is usually deterrent enough as it makes you too prickly for an enemy CV to launch a sustained attack.

But I do agree on the slot 3 boost mod, perhaps on USN CVs. But even then, if you are launching an attack outside AA range, (such as versus a dd) you are attacking blind (i.e you cannot see your target) unless you are fortunate to have someone else spotting for you. Not all that common.

RN CVs at higher tiers have excellent fire chance but I sometimes find Furious and Hermes to be lacking and it wouldn't hurt them to have it. Your CV hull is actually pretty tanky so I generally don't bother boosting already fairly good AA as I can take some hits. If I feel a CV snip coming for me I just drop some extra fighters after I take off.

I personally use my rockets on both  a lot to attack CAs and BBs to set fires and take out AA so the extra couple seconds helps me but I don't know about others

[-TNT-]
Members
933 posts
17,640 battles

This is my spec for all British CVs. Works for me. Once I purchase HMS Indomitable, I loose the additional fighter and torpedo acceleration for SI on my Hermes Captain.  Those Sea Hornets need more speed boost!!! 

HMS Audacious.jpg

CV Captain skills.jpg

CV Up grades.jpg

Edited by Kestrel_Falcon

Sign in to follow this