You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Fighting Ship Friday - Top Battleship

35 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,504 posts
9,245 battles

Image result for battleships

*pictured - USS Nevada (BB-36) departing Hampton Roads en route to the Mediterranean Sea on September 17, 1944*

Which battleship in your fleet do you rely on for getting the job done?

Not dependent on ship tier, your top battleship is the one you take to battle with pride and confidence.

In addition, the capabilities of this battlewagon complimented with a skillful crew and good seamanship are what sets your top battleship above the rest in your homeport.

When your battlewagon gets the call from the old man, which one in your flotilla gets under weigh into harm's way?

"If you're not making waves, you're not under weigh." - Chester Nimitz, U.S. Navy

#fightingshipfriday

#anchorsaweigh

Ready for Anchors Away?

[REVY]
Supertester
62 posts
4,380 battles

October Revolution, it has good maneuverability, concealment, decent AA, and an outstandingly accurate battery of 12 305mm guns. Best of all, I got it for free. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles

Honestly, the Yamato.  Accurate guns.  Big guns.  Well defined strengths and weaknesses.  Hurts when those shells land.  Gets the target's attention.  Really the poster child for battleships imo.

• Cool 2

[TURD]
Members
157 posts
3,554 battles

Bismarck - comfortable blend of armor, agility and firepower.

Though, my stats may indicate that Bayern is more reliable. That bird is just tough as nails.

• Cool 3

[KAPPA]
Members
1,326 posts
7,199 battles

For my IJN account, by far it's Fuso and has been for a very long time. I've got bigger, I've got faster, I've got meaner, but Fuso just gets ship done.

On the USN side of things, it's actually up for debate right now. I don't have a solid go-to in the same way as my IJN account does. It used to be New Mexico, but she's really showing her age with that punitive 36 sec. reload these days. I wish I could say Iowa, but based on the numbers it's more between Missouri (begrudgingly, that darn glory hog), Jean Bart, and a relative newcomer to the fleet, Montana. Technically I guess that means Fuso wins overall for me and I'm fine with that. I've always had a thing for the tragically doomed ships anyways, at least I'm giving her better stories for once.

Fusou_Full.thumb.png.87018aa718440ed2fd61e13a05b724a3.png

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
12,319 posts
34,162 battles
1 hour ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Not dependent on ship tier, your top battleship is the one you take to battle with pride and confidence.

In addition, the capabilities of this battlewagon complimented with a skillful crew and good seamanship are what sets your top battleship above the rest in your homeport.

I used to have several BBs I really loved, but I am tired of being focused by CVs, especially since I tend to be the last BB around and know how and when to push, and seldom play Randoms anymore. 2 CV crapfests are especially bad for late-game BB play. I've only had one or two really fun matches in a BB since the ReBork dropped.

Thanks for wrecking the game for so many of us, guys. Alas, I don't think you all have the courage to fix it, so obsessed have you become with ramming CVs down everyone's throats.

• Boring 1

[-AGW-]
Members
975 posts
12,832 battles

Richelieu. Maybe the gun layout just suits me. And I rather flank than sit there and bow tank, although that is an available option. It also shreds planes.

Similar goes for the Jean Bart but it's a bit less accurate.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
4,985 posts
22,432 battles

Yammy/Musashi before the CV rework...Jean Bart since although gonna be running cruisers exclusively for awhile until the new CV madness from the sales dies down...shame...as my last 5 grinds to having all T10s (excluding CVs) are all DDs & BBs & have been since 8.0 dropped...sigh.

Fortunately the Space Battles are a good CV free zone for the time being.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

Members
69 posts
53 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Giulio Cesare

IR2Ev8i.jpg

What are the chains extending into the water at the bow for?? Looks odd...

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,079 posts
4,389 battles

Right now, even just a few games in, Bourgogne is my go to if I feel like I need to club innocent citizens. So many tricks available from the 4 minute engine boost to the triple tap 15k salvos with MBRB. 

Old reliable is the Missouri. I play it a lot for the credit benifits, but it is a strong ship, even without the radar

You can also never go wrong with 460mm broomsticks.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
10,681 battles
1 minute ago, SirMoric said:

fishing for that night's dinner... :Smile_veryhappy:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,270 posts
13,838 battles
1 minute ago, SirMoric said:

I don't know, they are too light for anchor chain but they could work for a para vane for mine clearing.

[187]
Members
1,626 posts
10,811 battles

MONTANA

Best all around BB - Tougher than a Yamato or a Republique

montana.jpg.27cffb751a75a0fe3c1abfbddc310c38.jpg

Edited by C_D
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,603 posts
19,223 battles

At the end of session, Scharnhurst. Speed, ROF and torpedoes. 

Massachusetts for the I don't care secondaries and American AP.

Republique because I like Dev striking first bloods at 21km....

My new love JB, she and I just synergize amazingly well.

It's so hard to pick just one.

• Cool 1

[INR]
Members
1,225 posts
4,060 battles

金剛 (Kongou) and HMS Hood here. I'm a big BC person, and the two have always clicked with me. I need to take Hood back out for a spin or five...

• Cool 1