Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Halonut24

And just like that I have a new favorite CV

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

221
[WOSV]
Members
584 posts
3,600 battles

I have FINALLY gotten my hands on CV-6, and holy crap she is fun. Torpedoes have just enough bite to do actual damage, AP Bombers, while at first meh, quickly became a very good way of clapping Cruisers that overextend (dispersion is all over the place though). The rocket's drop pattern is oblong towards the sides, which make them surprisingly good against DD that go broadside. The fighter consumable she gets is hilariously good (10 aircraft lmbo).That's how I got 90 Aircraft kills in one game. 

Spoiler

314894891_enterprisestats.thumb.png.06b747804565065bd30c69f48f642f60.pngOnly 8 games so far, but still having the time of my life playing her.

Of the 4 or so CV I've played post-rework (Midway, Hermes, Furious, and Implacable) I had the most fun with Midway probably (her MM is infuriating and her torps are a joke). Implacable was also quite enjoyable, if not that hard hitting. Hermes and Furious were whatever. But Enterprise? Oh yes! Best $60 I've spent all year!

All in all: well rounded, hits well, fun to play. 10/10 would buy again. 

  • Cool 4
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,834
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,087 posts
5,777 battles
3 minutes ago, Halonut24 said:

I have FINALLY gotten my hands on CV-6, and holy crap she is fun. Torpedoes have just enough bite to do actual damage, AP Bombers, while at first meh, quickly became a very good way of clapping Cruisers that overextend (dispersion is all over the place though). The rocket's drop pattern is oblong towards the sides, which make them surprisingly good against DD that go broadside. The fighter consumable she gets is hilariously good (10 aircraft lmbo).That's how I got 90 Aircraft kills in one game. 

  Reveal hidden contents

314894891_enterprisestats.thumb.png.06b747804565065bd30c69f48f642f60.pngOnly 8 games so far, but still having the time of my life playing her.

Of the 4 or so CV I've played post-rework (Midway, Hermes, Furious, and Implacable) I had the most fun with Midway probably (her MM is infuriating and her torps are a joke). Implacable was also quite enjoyable, if not that hard hitting. Hermes and Furious were whatever. But Enterprise? Oh yes! Best $60 I've spent all year!

All in all: well rounded, hits well, fun to play. 10/10 would buy again. 

Interesting that you would have a complaint about MM for Midway?    Were you expecting some t6 matches?     Awesome game FTR!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
221
[WOSV]
Members
584 posts
3,600 battles
Just now, RA6E_ said:

Interesting that you would have a complaint about MM for Midway?    Were you expecting some t6 matches?     Awesome game FTR!   

Thanks!

For the record it's the number of Tier X AA cruisers that get shoved in my face on a regular basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,940
[SIM]
Members
4,676 posts
7,770 battles

Enterprise is far and away the most comfortable premium carrier in the game, and quite effective without relying too heavily on gimmicks. She's definitely my first choice whenever it comes time to roll out with a CV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
365
[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
844 posts
5,678 battles
39 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Enterprise is far and away the most comfortable premium carrier in the game, and quite effective without relying too heavily on gimmicks. She's definitely my first choice whenever it comes time to roll out with a CV.

I haven't tried her but I may. Shokaku is my go to CV right now. For me it's hit the sweet spot. Big E may be my first CV purchase though. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,722
Alpha Tester
6,248 posts
3,091 battles

I just got the Enterprise today and I'm having the opposite experience. Every time I go to attack someone, they're huddled up in a bunch and I can't get off more than one attack without my planes getting shredded. How do I get people isolated so I can pick them apart?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
675
[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,513 posts
11,214 battles
1 minute ago, 1Sherman said:

I just got the Enterprise today and I'm having the opposite experience. Every time I go to attack someone, they're huddled up in a bunch and I can't get off more than one attack without my planes getting shredded. How do I get people isolated so I can pick them apart?

If there's a huge blob of ships somewhere, there's a rambo or wandering lamb somewhere else on the map. Reconnaissance has always been the CVs strong suit: use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
221
[WOSV]
Members
584 posts
3,600 battles
2 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

I just got the Enterprise today and I'm having the opposite experience. Every time I go to attack someone, they're huddled up in a bunch and I can't get off more than one attack without my planes getting shredded. How do I get people isolated so I can pick them apart?

Sometimes the presence of incoming bombers can force them to turn. I've gotten Cruisers to do circles in the back of their spawn avoiding Dive Bombers. BB will often turn towards your TB as well, so pick your attack angles with that in mind. Once you get them to commit to a turn, then you can really set them up either for a follow up strike or your team to smack them. And you need to be kind of picky with your targets as well, and sometimes recall right after the first strike to preserve your squads.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,063
[-BUI-]
Members
1,639 posts
4,969 battles
2 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

I just got the Enterprise today and I'm having the opposite experience. Every time I go to attack someone, they're huddled up in a bunch and I can't get off more than one attack without my planes getting shredded. How do I get people isolated so I can pick them apart?

Attack people on the edge of clusters, the ship further back or most isolated to the side.    People seem to REALLY prioritize trying to dodge CVs (so much they often open themselves up for Dev Strikes from AP), so use your Torps to make them turn hard in the direction want them to go (most people will turn into your drop, so use that knowledge to pick your attack angle to get them to turn AWAY from support).     I'll often circle around a ship to get that angle that makes them drive away from friends by actively attempting to dodge my strike, it works more than it should, and once they've turned away, they are isolated and an easy target for more strikes.

Early in the game, look for the BB in the back of a pack that is slow to get moving forward, they self-isolate rather quickly most of the time and are generally open for free torp strikes just 1 or 2 minutes in the game, this, combined with the heal, is why Torps are my 1st launch squad of a match, there is ALWAYS a BB in the back that isn't moving that you can farm some damage on while you do your opening scout, the heal allows you to scout more aggressively without losing planes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,799
Members
2,258 posts
4,965 battles
1 hour ago, Halonut24 said:

Thanks!

For the record it's the number of Tier X AA cruisers that get shoved in my face on a regular basis.

What do you expect with CV spam these days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,722
Alpha Tester
6,248 posts
3,091 battles
14 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

If there's a huge blob of ships somewhere, there's a rambo or wandering lamb somewhere else on the map. Reconnaissance has always been the CVs strong suit: use it.

True, but that Rambo is usually either 1: A DD that I find when I have my AP dive bombers or torpedo planes up, or 2: A cruiser with DF capabilities that will do even worse to me than a group of BBs.

15 minutes ago, Halonut24 said:

Sometimes the presence of incoming bombers can force them to turn. I've gotten Cruisers to do circles in the back of their spawn avoiding Dive Bombers. BB will often turn towards your TB as well, so pick your attack angles with that in mind. Once you get them to commit to a turn, then you can really set them up either for a follow up strike or your team to smack them. And you need to be kind of picky with your targets as well, and sometimes recall right after the first strike to preserve your squads.

I am picky with my targets. I leave pretty much anything American or Russian alone. And yet, I just had a game where an Azuma (of all things) was killing most of my planes. How is an Azuma, a ship in a nation known for bad AA, being such a damn nuisance? As well, I've also had a game where a Monarch shot down 46 planes. I've taken on KGVs before in my Ranger and won; how is a Monarch's AA so powerful?

13 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Attack people on the edge of clusters, the ship further back or most isolated to the side.    People seem to REALLY prioritize trying to dodge CVs (so much they often open themselves up for Dev Strikes from AP), so use your Torps to make them turn hard in the direction want them to go (most people will turn into your drop, so use that knowledge to pick your attack angle to get them to turn AWAY from support).     I'll often circle around a ship to get that angle that makes them drive away from friends by actively attempting to dodge my strike, it works more than it should, and once they've turned away, they are isolated and an easy target for more strikes.

Early in the game, look for the BB in the back of a pack that is slow to get moving forward, they self-isolate rather quickly most of the time and are generally open for free torp strikes just 1 or 2 minutes in the game, this, combined with the heal, is why Torps are my 1st launch squad of a match, there is ALWAYS a BB in the back that isn't moving that you can farm some damage on while you do your opening scout, the heal allows you to scout more aggressively without losing planes.

I already do everything you're suggesting, but there are no edges to the clusters I'm seeing. There's always an AA cruiser or American DD nearby that'll just throw up an unavoidable wall of flak and keep me from doing any real damage. Isn't tier X is supposed to be where all the people who bought their way to the top without learning how to play are?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35
[MORSV]
[MORSV]
Beta Testers
149 posts
7,678 battles
19 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

What do you expect with CV spam these days?

Kudos...... truth hurts..... they made CV's so even the stupid could play them..... not competently.... but could at least play them. But still..... crap is crap, and throwing Fem in them every chance she gets really doesn't change that.

  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
209
[DOW]
[DOW]
Members
940 posts
29,969 battles

  Having cut my teeth on the tech tree ships, I plunked down for CV-6 this am. Immediately got 2 1900 base xp matches in T9 matches. Hellcats turn great so rockets are DD workable, torp planes close the attack pattern much faster than my Midway so that feels good. AP bombs I did a couple training rooms with and I guess you have to be a little picky with targets; I could not find the cit on an NC no matter the release height. Will definitely be heading out in her tonight, which I really shouldn't say anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×