You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dimzzy

$20 gamble went well

11 comments in this topic

Members
2,258 posts
4,965 battles
3 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

How do you figure?

because in my x20 haul i got 120 space camos.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,704 posts
4,097 battles
28 minutes ago, galspanic said:

That represents 10 people who got jack...

Aww, muffin.

• Meh 1

[AAA]
Members
1,728 posts
12,715 battles

Very lucky pull... I think it is posted somewhere that the CV drop rate is 5%. It only seems higher because the majority of those that actually post only bother to post if they get a good pull.

[-1]
Members
521 posts
8,722 battles
18 minutes ago, JustAdapt said:

Very lucky pull... I think it is posted somewhere that the CV drop rate is 5%. It only seems higher because the majority of those that actually post only bother to post if they get a good pull.

pretty much this

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
50 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

How do you figure?

These crates almost always contain garbage/booby prizes and people posting here give a false sense of true value - we see how good they are and go out and buy them.

The mass openings on YouTube are hilarious too.  You watch some guy open 50 crates and see the 3 real prizes he won and think, “look at that!  I’m gonna buy some.”  The part that we forget easily is that someone paid $200 for those crates, and they got stuff they weren’t willing to just buy.  

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,771 posts
22,131 battles
3 hours ago, galspanic said:

These crates almost always contain garbage/booby prizes and people posting here give a false sense of true value - we see how good they are and go out and buy them.

The mass openings on YouTube are hilarious too.  You watch some guy open 50 crates and see the 3 real prizes he won and think, “look at that!  I’m gonna buy some.”  The part that we forget easily is that someone paid $200 for those crates, and they got stuff they weren’t willing to just buy.  

I have watched players spend hundreds of dollars on those crates, I used to spend a bit myself. It was always kind of sad to see someone spend so much money, then get a ship and they were all excited even though they could have purchased the boat on its own for far less money. The big thing is how much do you want the other crap they fill the crates with. Loot crates are gambling, so don't spend more on them than you are willing to toss away and don't expect ships. Personally I am looking forward to the day when government regulation is in place to force companies to publish the odds of getting the prizes advertised. It bothers me that companies are refusing to do this one thing even when they say they wish to be transparent. It is sickening and since they refuse to do this, I hope they get smacked with legislation to force them to do the right thing. 

Edited by Taylor3006