You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Don_Alvarez

Why doesn't Ishizuchi have her full complement of AA guns?

9 comments in this topic

[TURD]
Members
157 posts
3,560 battles

The specs on Ishizuchi list it as having only 6 mid range AA guns. if you use the camera at the port screen, it shows those guns being mounted on the deck, 3 to a side.

And yet, if you look at the model, you can see 2 identical looking guns mounted on top of each turret. What do these guns do if they are not AA Guns? Ishi has just pitiful AA. 10 more barrels wont make it great but at least might shoot down a plane now and then.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
2,057 posts
11,395 battles

if memory serves, some Navies used those guns for training purposes. It was cheaper to fire those then the main battery.

Dreadnought did have some secondary guns mounted for a time on her turrets, but those were later moved back to the quarter deck.

Also, since Ishizuchi is basically a WW1 Battlecruiser (it being a design variant of the Kongo), it does have its complete AA armament. Remember, in WW1 and just after, aircraft were not really considered 'dangerous' to the surface fleet.

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts

It's also worth mentioning that WG didn't always have the tech for guns mounted atop turrets to be active - it was added some time after launch, and Ishizuchi is a ship from before this time. So it's possible it was simply overlooked.

[TURD]
Members
157 posts
3,560 battles
3 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

For the same reason that Caillou doesn't have hair.

https://www.sbnation.com/2014/3/26/5549908/arian-foster-caillou-is-awful

wth did I just read

You guys are probably right that they are training guns, but in the interest of "I'd rather see my ship get buffed" Imma go out on a limb and say you're all wrong. They're AA guns. Can I get one person to come in here and agree with me whether you agree with me or not?  Thanks.

[-K-]
Members
8,032 posts
13,257 battles
16 hours ago, Don_Alvarez said:

Can I get one person to come in here and agree with me whether you agree with me or not?  Thanks.

It doesn't seem anyone else has the same emotional investment in Ishizuchi as you do.

Members
1,747 posts
3,622 battles
20 hours ago, Don_Alvarez said:

Can I get one person to come in here and agree with me whether you agree with me or not?  Thanks.

This should be the sign that your wrong, accept it and move on

[TURD]
Members
157 posts
3,560 battles
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:27 PM, Psycodiver said:

This should be the sign that your wrong, accept it and move on

You're. The world in general suffers from an abysmal lack of humor right now.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:22 AM, Ace_04 said:

It doesn't seem anyone else has the same emotional investment in Ishizuchi as you do.

They don't know what real power looks like.