You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Edgecase

Did somebody forget to check the tiers...

22 comments in this topic

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,090 posts
18,055 battles

Not complaining, but it sure comes off as weird that the ala carte pricing for Kaga and Saipan are $10 cheaper ($49.03) than Enterprise and GZ ($60.59 and $59.45). :Smile_teethhappy:

Is there some weird price regulation that prevents WG from raising them? Otherwise I'm gonna assume it's because somebody didn't update their prices to reflect their promotion to T8.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,704 posts
4,097 battles

It may just be a nod to players who bought them the first time around, and despite offering compensation in the game, WG decided to leave them at their older prices to appease the players who want them back.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,090 posts
18,055 battles
Just now, Gasboy said:

It may just be a nod to players who bought them the first time around, and despite offering compensation in the game, WG decided to leave them at their older prices to appease the players who want them back.

Wouldn't that only make sense if somebody paid cash for them once, sold it for doubloons in-game, and then decided to rebuy it for cash again?

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,704 posts
4,097 battles
Just now, Edgecase said:

Wouldn't that only make sense if somebody paid cash for them once, sold it for doubloons in-game, and then decided to rebuy it for cash again?

Maybe, but people have a long memory for these things, if they feel they were 'screwed'.  It's also a way to offer a cheaper selection?  Or to show that it's not a 'cash grab'?

Members
783 posts

Not all ships or tanks of a type and tier are the same price.  WG just sets whatever price they like, they usually keep them close in price but not always the same.

• Meh 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,503 posts

I'm frankly shocked they are selling them so cheap, I thought for sure they'd be extra proud of them, with the rework....:Smile_teethhappy:

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,090 posts
18,055 battles
1 minute ago, Gasboy said:

Maybe, but people have a long memory for these things, if they feel they were 'screwed'.  It's also a way to offer a cheaper selection?  Or to show that it's not a 'cash grab'?

Hmm, thinking about it, I wonder if it's because the doubloon duplicate exchange rate for the T7 carriers is still at T7 amounts.

2 minutes ago, JToney3449 said:

Not all ships or tanks of a type and tier are the same price.  WG just sets whatever price they like, they usually keep them close in price but not always the same.

Yeah, of course. That's why it's not a big deal that Enterprise and GZ are a dollar different. But a 20% difference is unusual.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,704 posts
4,097 battles
1 minute ago, Edgecase said:

Yeah, of course. That's why it's not a big deal that Enterprise and GZ are a dollar different. But a 20% difference is unusual.

What gets me is Dreadnought, who is not exactly an amazing dreadnought, even given the tier, is priced a bit abnormally for her tier.

Members
783 posts
Just now, Edgecase said:

Hmm, thinking about it, I wonder if it's because the doubloon duplicate exchange rate for the T7 carriers is still at T7 amounts.

I dont know if they were sold for that in the past or not but they may be price matching the old price.  Other then that its the 'wasnt sold for a long time we are gonna charge more now price'

[KWF]
Members
4,039 posts
6,189 battles

That's interesting because :

http://legal.na.wargaming.net/en/eula

6.4.6 we may change, replace, remove access to or update the Content at any time at our sole discretion;

But

7.4 Prices for the purchases of the Resources are published in the corresponding section of the relevant Resource(s). Wargaming reserves the right to change the price at any time by making a respective change on the Resource(s).

So, WG can change the price of Resources like doubloons or premium time I guess, but no mention of ship price change (Content) in EULA. They can change it however they want except pricing it seems :fish_book:.

Edited by warheart1992

Members
1,289 posts
2,399 battles

Given the track record of this company i would speculate that they did indeed forget to update the prices to T8 levels.

[S-N-D]
Members
3,271 posts
7,658 battles
1 hour ago, Gasboy said:

Nah, it's because the cheaper ones suck and the more pricey ones have a demand and aren't as tested and known to stink. Saipan is horrible. I guarantee most of the people who buy them come to regret the decision.

Edited by _Caliph_

[INTEL]
Members
2,783 posts
15,310 battles
8 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

Nah, it's because the cheaper ones suck and the more pricey ones have a demand and aren't as tested and known to stink. Saipan is horrible. I guarantee most of the people who buy them come to regret the decision.

Those Russian capitalists!!!  Good ole Supply and Demand. 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,574 posts
34 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

Negative.  Love my Saipan.  She is a good CV.  She does take a bit more skill to use as you risk more due to the smaller inventory size but if you read either LWM's recent reviews or most any stream that Noster talks about CVs, they  both agree the Saipan is in fact potentially one of the best premium CVs.

In my opinion she often gets a bad wrap but it isn't deserved.

[S-N-D]
Members
3,271 posts
7,658 battles
7 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Negative.  Love my Saipan.  She is a good CV.  She does take a bit more skill to use as you risk more due to the smaller inventory size but if you read either LWM's recent reviews or most any stream that Noster talks about CVs, they  both agree the Saipan is in fact one of the best potential premium CVs.

In my opinion she often get's a bad wrap but it isn't deserved.

Saipan is garbage, the hot variety. It has a shallow resupply, garbage AA, and no secondary's of note. It isn't better than a single t8 free CV. It costs as much as a premium BB and faces tier 10s. It was balanced in having high tier aircraft and doesn't even offer Tiny Tim's. It was nerfed and wasn't offered a single iota in compensation.

As for LWM reviews for premium CVs, I think she opted not to be the reason WG saw every single one refunded nor the catalyst for low sales. The best of trash is still trash. Particularly $50 trash. $20? Free from a crate? Sure, why not.

Edited by _Caliph_

Members
1,027 posts
6,184 battles
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

Not complaining, but it sure comes off as weird that the ala carte pricing for Kaga and Saipan are $10 cheaper ($49.03) than Enterprise and GZ ($60.59 and $59.45). :Smile_teethhappy:

Is there some weird price regulation that prevents WG from raising them? Otherwise I'm gonna assume it's because somebody didn't update their prices to reflect their promotion to T8.

The hype over the GZ ties into the false rarity claim of something in a video game.

[A-D-F]
6,574 posts
9 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

Saipan is garbage, the hot variety. It has a shallow resupply, garbage AA, and no secondary's of note. It isn't better than a single t8 free CV. It costs as much as a premium BB and faces tier 10s. It was balanced in having high tier aircraft and doesn't even offer Tiny Tim's. It was nerfed and wasn't offered a single iota in compensation.

All I can offer you is my opinion and those that I have also heard.

I had the option to return it but that was never going to happen. If I didn't already own it, I would have eagerly purchased it this morning.

[S-N-D]
Members
3,271 posts
7,658 battles
3 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

All I can offer you is my opinion and those that I have also heard.

If I didn't already own it, I would have eagerly purchased it again this morning.

That doesn't make it good. It just makes you a collector. As for LWM reviews for premium CVs, I think she opted not to be the reason WG saw every single one refunded nor the catalyst for low sales. The best of trash is still trash. Particularly $50 trash. $20? Free from a crate? Sure, why not. I too am a collector but I'll take two permanent camo's for 2 good T10 ships over that mess. 90% of the population is going to feel like I do too once they play that ship in a t8+ match.

Edited by _Caliph_

Members
6,277 posts
19,822 battles
2 hours ago, Edgecase said:

or they aren't as good as the others?

[A-D-F]
6,574 posts
9 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

That doesn't make it good. It just makes you a collector. As for LWM reviews for premium CVs, I think she opted not to be the reason WG saw every single one refunded nor the catalyst for low sales. The best of trash is still trash. Particularly $50 trash. $20? Free from a crate? Sure, why not. I too am a collector but I'll take two permanent camo's for 2 good T10 ships over that mess. 90% of the population is going to feel like I do too once they play that ship in a t8+ match.

I understand that that is your opinion and there is nothing wrong with having an opinion.  I was simply sharing mine :Smile_Default:.

[S-N-D]
Members
3,271 posts
7,658 battles
6 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I understand that that is your opinion and there is nothing wrong with having an opinion.  I was simply sharing mine :Smile_Default:

No, opinion is something not based on facts but feelings. The ship is $50 and doesn't even have the options a free ship has (multiple rocket types, AA, hangar capacity, or secondary's) nor a single redeeming quality. By any measure human beings are going to use, it's terrible.

Edited by _Caliph_

[LOU1]
Members
4,094 posts
11,423 battles
8 hours ago, _Caliph_ said:

No, opinion is something not based on facts but feelings. The ship is $50 and doesn't even have the options a free ship has (multiple rocket types, AA, hangar capacity, or secondary's) nor a single redeeming quality. By any measure human beings are going to use, it's terrible.

Except the measure of enjoyment for some of us.  You sort of left that measure out?

Plus, there are very few Premium ships that have the options a free ship has.

One thing I am learning about Saipan is that she is fun, but takes skill/work to drive.  I do enjoy driving her fro the few battles we have been in.