You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

PSA: On crates, in case we needed reminding again.

30 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
18,198 posts
12,673 battles

YOU need to prepare for the possibility that you will get no premium ships, no matter how many crates you buy.

If you can't live with that, don't buy the crates.

When I look at the Canadian prices, I see that two 5-packs = about the price of the cheapest carrier and a 20-pack is more expensive than any of them. If there is just one CV that you want the most, you may be better off spending your money there.

If you think the other contents are not worth anything, you must win two carriers from the 20 pack to break even. If you buy two 5-packs, you might as well just buy one carrier.

If you think the other contents are worth the cost of the crates and you want to spam for coal, camo and flags, then by all means go nuts.

• Cool 9

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,704 posts
4,097 battles

While the best thing about the crates is getting a premium ship, the other things are pretty good to get as well.  If you don't agree with that idea, don't buy the crates.  If you do, the only one to get angry at is yourself.

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
4,019 posts
6,169 battles

Buuuuuut the rest of the kids got the cards they wanted, surely I will get the one I want too. 

That's where they get ya :cat_paw:

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,313 posts
12 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

YOU need to prepare for the possibility that you will get no premium ships, no matter how many crates you buy.

When I look at the Canadian prices, I see that two 5-packs = about the price of the cheapest carrier and a 20-pack is more expensive than any of them. If there is just one CV that you want the most, you may be better off spending your money there.

If you think the other contents are not worth anything, you must win two carriers from the 20 pack to break even. If you buy two 5-packs, you might as well just buy one carrier.

If you think the other contents are worth the cost of the crates and you want to spam for coal, camo and flags, then by all means go nuts.

From what I can tell, the four pack of carriers is the best deal overall. 

[-K-]
Members
8,031 posts
13,237 battles

Gambling on anything with expectations is foolishly dangerous.

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
13 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This^^ Also note, you get ONE item per crate.

Crates are $5 for 1, $22.50 for 5 ($4.50ea), and $80 for 20 ($4ea).

CV, port slot and 25 +200XP bonus missions are;

Kaga $49.03

Saipan $49.03

Graf Zepplin $59.45

Enterprise $60.59

If you buy all 4 CVs in the super bundle for $199.80 you get

Kaga, Saipan, Enterprise and Graf Zepplin

4 port slots

one 10pt Cmdr for each ship (no special skills)

the +200% combat missions for each ship

7,500,000 credits

100 Victor Lima signals +0.5%/+1% fire and +4% flooding

100 India X-Ray signals +0.5%/+1% fire and +5% detonation

100 Juliet Whiskey Unaone signals  +15% flooding and +5% detonation

100 Equal Speed Charlie London signals +50% XP

100 India Bravo Terrathree signals -105 service cost

a unique flag for each ship

A unique Armada action flag

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,198 posts
12,673 battles
5 minutes ago, 1meanDad said:

Just like buying baseball cards in the day.

Not quite. At least with baseball cards, you could trade duplicates. We have people winning CVs who only wanted flags, coal and camo (because they don't play carriers) AND we have the inverse... but they cannot exchange their goods. Herein lies the difference.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles
7 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Gambling on anything with expectations is foolishly dangerous.

yeah,life is just like that.

[WOLF7]
Members
5,130 posts
42 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Agreed.

I'm going into it with my eyes open, knowing I might just get coal, flags, and/or camo.

I've bought a 5-pack of the crates.  I'll open them after work, and if a GZ pops out, great.  If not, I'll buy GZ outright.  It's my risk to take, and you won't see me complaining here about what happens.  (I have the other three in my port.)

[ARGSY]
Members
18,198 posts
12,673 battles
30 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

I've bought a 5-pack of the crates.  I'll open them after work, and if a GZ pops out, great.  If not, I'll buy GZ outright.

This is what I did with the American crates when they were serving up unlock mission chances for Monaghan, Kidd, etc. It cost me as much as the Monaghan I wanted, but I made good use of the flags. 

You have a chance of pulling any of the other three, but I think you get doubloons for the duplicates so that's all good. And the 5-pack is worth much less than any of the CVs.

Good luck.

[WOLF7]
Members
5,130 posts
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is what I did with the American crates when they were serving up unlock mission chances for Monaghan, Kidd, etc. It cost me as much as the Monaghan I wanted, but I made good use of the flags. 

You have a chance of pulling any of the other three, but I think you get doubloons for the duplicates so that's all good. And the 5-pack is worth much less than any of the CVs.

Good luck.

Yeah, it's my risk to take, and you won't see me here complaining if it doesn't work out.  I might post that it didn't work out, but not in a "OMGWTFBBQ WG stole my firstborn!!" manner.

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Good luck.

The Air Supply premium crates say they give out doubloons for duplicates. See last sentence in second pic

2E30k8b.jpg

u5PRAo8.jpg

Edited by Kizarvexis

[ARGSY]
Members
18,198 posts
12,673 battles
3 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Yeah, it's my risk to take, and you won't see me here complaining if it doesn't work out.  I might post that it didn't work out, but not in a "OMGWTFBBQ WG stole my firstborn!!" manner.

You should redo your avatar to read "Where's my premium ships? There was supposed to be an avalanche of premium ships!", just to troll the salt factory.

Keep your Illudium Q32 RNG modulator close at hand. :Smile_trollface:

[PIRAT]
Beta Testers
288 posts
5,333 battles

I bought 5 hoping for special signals. Coal would be ok too. Not really a CV player, so not interested in one to drop.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,198 posts
12,673 battles
4 minutes ago, worldeaters said:

I bought 5 hoping for special signals. Coal would be ok too. Not really a CV player, so not interested in one to drop.

Someone else did that and got THREE carriers. 

[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
831 posts
5,623 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

But remember, it's WG fault....lol

[RCNW3]
Members
1,903 posts
17,855 battles

Always chackles of joy or gnashing of teeth depending on how the RNG gods are treating you that day with these loot boxes - always makes for entertaining posts...

[ARGSY]
Members
18,198 posts
12,673 battles
7 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

always makes for entertaining posts...

The best fun comes from the people who bought them for the flags etc. and got a whole bunch of carriers they don't play and didn't want. :Smile_teethhappy: Nothing does a better job mining salt from people who bought for carriers and only got the other stuff.

[PIRAT]
Beta Testers
288 posts
5,333 battles
22 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Someone else did that and got THREE carriers. 

Well that would kinda suck for me. Though I don't have the greatest RNG luck with drops, so I am sure that won't happen.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,495 posts
55 minutes ago, worldeaters said:

So did many people, but WG does love to troll with camo. I've got a Graf Zepp port queen now too..:Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF7]
Members
5,130 posts
2 minutes ago, mr_angry_eyes said:

Loot crates are the scourge of the gaming world. Just don't.

And it's perfectly fine that you don't like them.  That means you shouldn't buy them.  Whether other people should buy them or not should be their decision.

(i.e. it's your prerogative what you do, but it's also my prerogative what I do.  I hate loot-box crusaders who want to force others' behavior.  Stay the hell out of *my* choices.)

• Cool 1

Members
1,027 posts
6,103 battles
11 minutes ago, mr_angry_eyes said:

At one time loot boxes was a good buy whether here or WOT, now not so much, at least they haven't started making us pay for reticles yet.

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
1 hour ago, mr_angry_eyes said:

1 hour ago, mavfin87 said:

And it's perfectly fine that you don't like them.  That means you shouldn't buy them.  Whether other people should buy them or not should be their decision.

(i.e. it's your prerogative what you do, but it's also my prerogative what I do.  I hate loot-box crusaders who want to force others' behavior.  Stay the hell out of *my* choices.)

:Smile_great:

1 hour ago, khorender_1 said:

At one time loot boxes was a good buy whether here or WOT, now not so much, at least they haven't started making us pay for reticles yet.

Loot box value depends on whether or not you value the contents. In the game, you can get Type 59 one-use camo for 125 doubloons. In the premium shop 500 doubloons are $2.97 and 25,000 are $99.99 making the 125 doubloons for the Type 59 one-use camo $0.50 to $0.75 each. Some people find that of value and others do not. A $4 to $5 a box, the Union Jack one-use camo or a draconic flag come out to $0.20 to $0.25 each which some will find valuable and some will not.

Remember you still can get the CVs from the free Air Supply containers and one player here on the forum got one CV each from the first two Naval Aviation containers he got from Directive I when the patch dropped almost two weeks ago. So you don't have to buy a Naval Aviation container to get a CV. You just have to get lucky from one of the 13 free ones you can get and the one premium container you can get for free.

Free Naval Aviation containers you can get in game.

8 - Complete each Directive and there are 2 containers in each Directive as a reward.

2 - The 10M credit mission in Directive III and the 35k base XP mission in Directive IV give a container as a reward.

2 - The Daily Shipments that started today give 2 containers if you finish it as one of them is the last reward.

1 - Make the Top 10% in the Hall of Fame (earliest start you can get is April 17th when Directive IV starts)

1 premium Naval Aviation container by making the Top 5% in the Hall of Fame (earliest start you can get is April 17th when Directive IV starts)