You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Forum_Troll

20x Air Supply = Terrible

26 comments in this topic

[GREEK]
Members
1,007 posts
  • 20 Red Dragon Flag
  • Kaga
  • 20 Camo
  • 20 Ouroboros Flag
  • 20 Wyvern Flag
  • 20 Camo
  • 20 Camo
  • 20 Camo
  • 20 Camo
  • 20 Ouroboros Flag
  • 20 Wyvern Flag
  • 20 Basilisk Flag
  • 20 Scylia Flag
  • 20 Camo
  • 20 Scylia Flag
  • 20 Leviathan Flag
  • 20 Camo
  • 12500 coal
  • 20 Ouroboros Flag
  • 20 Camo

Edit:  Opened 20 more after that.  Seems the drop rate is super low and Graf Zep is the rarest.

image.thumb.png.fd3acc7336d029ab7c3a54603b8cd5cc.png

Edited by JonnyFreedom

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles

Good grief, Jonny.  If you really want the GZ, just buy it instead of gambling on loot boxes.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
2,258 posts
4,965 battles

My haul was horrible. All i got was the Kaga and a crapton of Space Camos. Like way to many. Wow my RNG sucks....lol

[ARGSY]
Members
18,363 posts
12,791 battles
9 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Good grief, Jonny.  If you really want the GZ, just buy it instead of gambling on loot boxes.

In Canadian money, the 20-packs are $100 each and the 4-pack of ships with captains and other goodies is $250. Assuming that the other currencies scale proportionally, then for 25% more than what he spent, he could have had all four premium carriers guaranteed.

As things stand, the cost of three basic carrier packs comes very close to what he paid for the crates, so he's not exactly terribly out of pocket. Except I'm not sure the crate drops give the XP boost missions.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

In Canadian money, the 20-packs are $100 each and the 4-pack of ships with captains and other goodies is $250. Assuming that the other currencies scale proportionally, then for 25% more than what he spent, he could have had all four premium carriers guaranteed.

As things stand, the cost of three basic carrier packs comes very close to what he paid for the crates, so he's not exactly terribly out of pocket. Except I'm not sure the crate drops give the XP boost missions.

I guess my point is that there are no guarantees with the loot boxes.  You can buy 20 or 40 or more of them, and if you have bad luck, you won't get a single carrier.  That's why I say that if you REALLY want the CVs, it just seems better to buy them rather than gambling that you might, because it replaces gambling with certainty.   Now, admittedly, one can buy a single batch of 20 or perhaps even 5 of the loot boxes and get all 4 of the CVs, and end up saving a good chunk of money.  But you could also buy who knows how many batches of 20 loot boxes and get only signal flags.

Members
5,150 posts
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I guess my point is that there are no guarantees with the loot boxes.  You can buy 20 or 40 or more of them, and if you have bad luck, you won't get a single carrier.  That's why I say that if you REALLY want the CVs, it just seems better to buy them rather than gambling that you might, because it replaces gambling with certainty.   Now, admittedly, one can buy a single batch of 20 or perhaps even 5 of the loot boxes and get all 4 of the CVs, and end up saving a good chunk of money.  But you could also buy who knows how many batches of 20 loot boxes and get only signal flags.

I can't open them till later, but I got a 5-pack, since I only need GZ.  If I get GZ, great.  If not, that was my risk to take, and I'll just buy GZ outright. But, I won't be complaining on here about it.

• Cool 3

[ARGSY]
Members
18,363 posts
12,791 battles
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

That's why I say that if you REALLY want the CVs, it just seems better to buy them rather than gambling that you might, because it replaces gambling with certainty.

I agree, which is why I feel better about people who spam the crates because they want the other stuff, and are just happy to get whatever ship is on offer along the way.

Occasionally I'll buy a few purely to throw WG some money and help keep the lights on, but I know my chances are slim and I'm almost certainly just restocking flags.

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
1 minute ago, mavfin87 said:

I can't open them till later, but I got a 5-pack, since I only need GZ.  If I get GZ, great.  If not, that was my risk to take, and I'll just buy GZ outright. But, I won't be complaining on here about it.

1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I agree, which is why I feel better about people who spam the crates because they want the other stuff, and are just happy to get whatever ship is on offer along the way.

Occasionally I'll buy a few purely to throw WG some money and help keep the lights on, but I know my chances are slim and I'm almost certainly just restocking flags.

In response to both...

I don't really care if people want to do this.  My concern/gripe is for the people who will buy lots of crates and then get all whiney when they get nothing.  If they REALLY want a ship, just buy it.  But if you just want to play the loot box lotto for the heck of it and not worry if you win or lose, enjoy!

• Cool 3

[NSEW]
Members
1,726 posts
10,368 battles

Ya know...

I like to have some guarantees with dates. Looking like the profile pictures, saying how tall/average/short they are (without 4' heels of FU world), they are truly single, haven't told you a lie, etc. There's no guarantee that you'll hit a home run on 1st date, or 1st base. But you hope for that chance/opportunity.  Looking at my previous purchases and its net returns. I'm gonna refrain from going on more dates. I ignore the carrot on a methods now.

[FORM]
Members
1,371 posts
10,086 battles

It is the risk of getting camo that kept my wallet closed, and reading posts like yours make me super happy about it. To have a 40% chance of getting 20 blah camo for the money is just not worth the risk, especially with my RNG luck and containers.

[CHBK]
Members
562 posts
2,701 battles

I don't play carriers and don't need flags or camos...so Ill pass on these.  With that said, dude spent $80.  Got $100 worth of ships and a lot of dragon flags.

Edited by Taco_De_Moist

[FGNE]
Members
890 posts
4,143 battles

I plan on getting GZ, and maybe some "spare change" in containers.

Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles

The only reason to buy the creates is because you want the flags anyway.  I personally would like it if the camo wasn't an option.  I tend to use the flags a lot more often.

[-TKS-]
Members
818 posts
13,580 battles

lol id say  you did pretty good  with that loot crate rng . 

I really dont play Cv's specially post rework  but ill some cash at it . Laways wanted the GZ myself . 

[WOLFC]
Members
1,782 posts
9,410 battles

Is anybody else seeing these thread titles and singing in their head -

"I'm all out of love"

Edited by Anonymous50

[CHBK]
Members
562 posts
2,701 battles

If you wanted the GZ, why didn't you spend 20 dollars less and just get the GZ.  You aren't even guaranteed to get a ship out of those 20 crates let alone the one you want.  You knowingly gambled and lost and then complain after the fact.

Edited by Taco_De_Moist

[INTEL]
Members
2,791 posts
15,369 battles

I'm not following. You bought 20, didn't like the results (1 CV) so you post that.  Bought 20 more and end up with a total of 3 CVs.  Then bought 5 more.  Reading prior posts leads me to believer you're not a fan of CVs. 

I guess I can understand those that like the current CV playstyle and I understand those that don''t like playing against them.  Are you in both camps?  This is not meant as an attack, I'm just trying to understand your position on the current CV rework.

Members
5,150 posts
52 minutes ago, Psicopro said:

The only reason to buy the creates is because you want the flags anyway.  I personally would like it if the camo wasn't an option.  I tend to use the flags a lot more often.

Having the higher end flags mean every match of current space battles is 20-50K elite captain xp.  I'm good with that.  That will go toward my own 19-point captain(s).

[NCBL]
Members
127 posts
4,862 battles

here is my x20 (not in order of pull, put carriers at top)

enterprise
graf zepplin
Kaga
Saipan
20 sci fi
20 sci fi
20 wyvern
12500 coal
12500 coal
20 ouroboros
20 sci fi
20 wyvern
12500 coal
20 leviathan
12500 coal
20 scifi
20 hydra
20 scyllia
20 sci fi
20 red dragon

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
9 hours ago, TheArc said:

It is the risk of getting camo that kept my wallet closed, and reading posts like yours make me super happy about it. To have a 40% chance of getting 20 blah camo for the money is just not worth the risk, especially with my RNG luck and containers.

I have to agree that the sci-fi camo is rather weak compared to the dragon signal flags.  Surely they could have included 1 or 2 different top notch camos instead of the sci-fi camo.  Mind you, I think that the sci-fi camo can be quite useful at times, but it's still not a top notch camo.

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
7 hours ago, EyelessCr0w said:

here is my x20 (not in order of pull, put carriers at top)

enterprise
graf zepplin
Kaga
Saipan
20 sci fi
20 sci fi
20 wyvern
12500 coal
12500 coal
20 ouroboros
20 sci fi
20 wyvern
12500 coal
20 leviathan
12500 coal
20 scifi
20 hydra
20 scyllia
20 sci fi
20 red dragon

Upside, great luck to get all 4 CVs.  Downside, all that mediocre sci-fi camo.  On balance though, you made out like a bandit!  :cap_like:

[WOLF3]
Members
25,289 posts
22,304 battles
13 hours ago, Crucis said:

That's what I did.  I had the others already, I just wanted Graf Zeppelin and went with the basic bundle.

9 hours ago, Anonymous50 said:

Is anybody else seeing these thread titles and singing in their head -

"I'm all out of love"

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway