You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

10 Air Supply = LOL

120 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
11,275 posts
21,699 battles

So, I don't play CV's and have no desire to. I bought 10 Air Supply crates to try and replenish my dwindling Dragon flag supply NOT to get any of the CV's (don't want em). Kind of expensive crates but you at least get 20 flags if they drop and there is a chance at 12,500 Coal which is nice. The camo's aren't bad so that would be ok too; just not mostly camo please oh RNGesus LOL.

So opened them up and was happy with the results...

• 40X SciFi Camo
  • 40X Dragon Flags (Yellow)
  • 60X Leviathan Flags = YES!!!!!!! :Smile_great:
  • 1 X 12,500 Coal
  • and... :Smile_facepalm::Smile_veryhappy:

C7nBgO3.jpg

BUbURqb.jpg

EDIT - bought 1 final (yes it absolutely will be the last) 5 crate bundle and...:Smile_facepalm:

iK2J8Uu.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,580 posts
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

So, I don't play CV's and have no desire to. I bought 10 Air Supply crates to try and replenish my dwindling Dragon flag supply NOT to get any of the CV's (don't want em). Kind of expensive crates but you at least get 20 flags if they drop and there is a chance at 12,500 Coal which is nice. The camo's aren't bad so that would be ok too; just not mostly camo please oh RNGesus LOL.

• 40X SciFi Camo
  • 1 X 12,500 Coal

C7nBgO3.jpg

BUbURqb.jpg

At least they won't show up in a crate for you later :).  I only needed those exact two so I just bought the directly, you did better than me!

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

• 40X SciFi Camo
  • 1 X 12,500 Coal

C7nBgO3.jpg

BUbURqb.jpg

We can Div up and I'll take out Baltimore, Cleveland, Wichita, or Alabama. :Smile_teethhappy:

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

I'm in a similar boat (NPI) where I kinda want a bunch of Dragon flags/Special Flags, but I have no interest in more Camo and have all the other ships except the GZ. IDK if they are worth it as most people seem to mostly be getting camos.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,580 posts
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

I'm in a similar boat (NPI) where I kinda want a bunch of Dragon flags/Special Flags, but I have no interest in more Camo and have all the other ships except the GZ. IDK if they are worth it as most people seem to mostly be getting camos.

A guy in another thread got all four out of 20 crates.

[PVE]
Members
11,275 posts
21,699 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

We can Div up and I'll take out Baltimore, Cleveland, Wichita, or Alabama. :Smile_teethhappy:

Don't mind div'ing up with you BUT it sure as hell won't be with me playing one of those!!!! :Smile_hiding:

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,083 posts
4,439 battles

A 1 in 5 drop rate for a tier 8 premium ship across both threads... Nice:Smile_coin:

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

Don't mind div'ing up with you BUT it sure as hell won't be with me playing one of those!!!! :Smile_hiding:

:Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
Members
11,275 posts
21,699 battles
3 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

Admiral, WG loves you.

Just like a mother-in-law.

I mean I can't really complain (and I am not/wasn't). Just 1 of those CV's has more value than what I spent on the 10 crates. I got some good flags, not too many camo, and even some Coal. I did well. It is just funny how I had no interest in the CV's and I got 1 out of each 5 crate purchase LOL. It tempts me to buy more and see if it continues BUT I have spent enough and got what I needed/wanted.

[PVE]
Members
11,275 posts
21,699 battles
7 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Let me amend that. "IF" WG does the snowflake thing again this Christmas, or something similar, I might take you up on that as T8 Premiums = Steel. You can stay close and protect me from the mean old bots. You just have to swear to never, EVER, tell anyone you saw me playing a CV. Shhhh….:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[SVF]
Members
1,547 posts
1,857 battles

I'm conflicted about these.  I mean, I've got Big E, Kaga and Saipan already (as port queens since I'm not really a CV player), but the various Dragon flags and Coal seem like a good deal to me.  Might get a 20 count.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Let me amend that. "IF" WG does the snowflake thing again this Christmas, or something similar, I might take you up on that as T8 Premiums = Steel. You can stay close and protect me from the mean old bots. You just have to swear to never, EVER, tell anyone you saw me playing a CV. Shhhh….:Smile_trollface:

I wouldn't tell a soul. Or post it on the forum. I swear it by the seven new gods and the old gods beyond counting. :Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
Members
11,275 posts
21,699 battles
Just now, landcollector said:

I'm conflicted about these.  I mean, I've got Big E, Kaga and Saipan already (as port queens since I'm not really a CV player), but the various Dragon flags and Coal seem like a good deal to me.  Might get a 20 count.

That was why I bought them = 20 count Dragon flags, 12.5K Coal, and if I got some camo at lest they were decent ones. Don't CV and had no desire to get them. BUT, that's a lot of value for what I spent and as said ^^^ if we get something like the snowflake event again for steel I can choke down my disgust and play them a game each.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,290 posts
12,748 battles

Cheer up, @AdmiralThunder. Tier 6+ CVs in co-op are absolutely wonderful for missions that require you to farm spotting medals. It's worth keeping one just to get those out of the way in a hurry.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
1 minute ago, StoptheViolins said:

I got doodly squat from my crates today.  I am assuming the chance of getting the ship goes down significantly if you own them already.

I doubt it. I'm 99.99999999999999999% certain that getting a premium CV is the lowest chance. So there will be people that won't get a CV at all and people like AT and Joker6787 who get lucky.

[PVE]
Members
11,275 posts
21,699 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

I wouldn't tell a soul. Or post it on the forum. I swear it by the seven new gods and the old gods beyond counting. :Smile_teethhappy:

Yeah, knowing you, you would post a replay. :Smile-angry:

:Smile_glasses:

[ARGSY]
Members
18,290 posts
12,748 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

and the old gods beyond counting

Did someone call my name? :fish_haloween:

• Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

Yeah, knowing you, you would post a replay. :Smile-angry:

:Smile_glasses:

Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Did someone call my name? :fish_haloween:

Do you serve Westeros? :Smile_teethhappy:

Besides, the old gods are supposed to be scary.

How scary are you really now that I have seen how you really look.  :Smile_teethhappy:

61DVHNz+iaL._SX466_.jpg

[WOLFC]
Members
685 posts
24,985 battles

I just purchased 5 containers and got the following:

20 Leviathan flags

2X 12,500 coal

Kaga

Enterprise

I think I'll quit while I'm ahead.

Edited by Rumple010

[WOLFC]
Members
2,644 posts
14,499 battles
Just now, Rumple010 said:

I just purchased 5 containers and got the following:

20 Leviathan flags

2X 12,500 coal

Kaga

Enterprise

I think I'll quit while I'm ahead.

Holy :etc_swear:, Rumple ... go buy some Lotto tickets!  Grats, mate.

[PVE]
Members
11,275 posts
21,699 battles

LOLOLOLOL...

Out of "scientific curiosity" (actually I am just sick) I bought 1 last 5 crate bundle (and yes it absolutely will be the last as my budget is being setup for the RU Bb crates coming) just to see what would happen...

• 40X Space Camo
  • 40X Leviathan Flags = YES!!!!!!!!
  • And...:Smile_facepalm:

iK2J8Uu.jpg

• Funny 1

[BS]
Members
1,967 posts
10,397 battles

I wonder if they wised up and made the initial crate drops more lucrative to trick people into thinking the drop rate will stay high for the CVs. makes me wonder if i should buy 20 crates on my phone at 8am break time, then open when i get home. pretty sure the contents are set at purchase.