You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Space battles are great... but dat XP gain...

4 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
12,355 posts
34,353 battles

image.thumb.png.f87a7fafd7e95c849d04e46d4d5bbb80.png

Having a lot of fun in Space Battles, which is very nearly WOWs as it should be, lots of movement and action, intense, quick, and fun, and no CVs. But the XP payouts... my 299K damage game in Z52 on the defense nets me 5000 total XP (1900 base).

Meanwhile, a couple of games later I derped in Des Moines...image.thumb.png.6dc76e8862610d431c82ea041a27d6da.png

49K damage, but got two generators (one 90% me, the other 100% me) and thus got 4K overall XP. I did do 20K of damage to DDs, but still... Pretty obvious that the generators are worth massive XP, because look at the team score....

image.thumb.png.01e57f95c908b2f974f196db119a1072.png

An 07 div in game wrecked, account for five reds and playing outstandingly -- we won by killing all the Reds before we got around to killing the station -- and I did almost nothing in that direction. Yet, because of those generators, I came in second. I would bet money every ship on that list below me did more damage than I did.

Both games completely unflagged.

Hey @iKami, it's pretty clear that the defenders need an XP boost to compensate for the XP advantages the attackers get in knocking out generators. Otherwise you are punishing the ships that randomly wind up on defense. 

Edited by Taichunger

[A-I-M]
Members
2,702 posts
12,407 battles
9 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Hey @iKami, it's pretty clear that the defenders need an XP boost to compensate for the XP advantages the attackers get in knocking out generators. Otherwise you are punishing the ships that randomly wind up on defense. 

Not necessarily. The defenders get to rack up more kills because the attackers respawn, so the have an opportunity for extra XP built in as well.

Apart from the underperforming bottom five of the losing team, the XP disparity isn’t out of the norm for winning vs. losing.

[INTEL]
Members
12,355 posts
34,353 battles
Just now, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Not necessarily. The defenders get to rack up more kills because the attackers respawn, so the have an opportunity for extra XP built in as well.

Apart from the underperforming bottom five of the losing team, the XP disparity isn’t out of the norm for winning vs. losing.

Both games were winning, but in one game I did 250K more damage than the other -- 6 times as much damage, but only 25% more XP. That's... wrong. Obviously the respawning isn't much of an opportunity to grab more XP. 

Since only the attacker can kill the generators, the devs may want to think about rebalancing XP for the defender. They may be thinking that it balances because players are randomly assigned to one team or another....