Psicopro

When bad nights snowball.

20 comments in this topic

Members
1,199 posts
5,446 battles

So long, be back in a few months when I forget how much I hate the general population of this game =p.  Games should be fun, and tonight was one of those frustrating nights that snowball.  Getting more and more of them lately.  Moving on to something that I find more enjoyable once again.

image.thumb.png.b2879e345d4f0584a68c239c8d9f7b11.png

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[INR]
Members
1,000 posts
3,941 battles

I know how that feels. I've been playing less and less recently due to my games being complete stomps one way or the other. Once Rule the Waves 2 comes out, I'll probably take an extended break from WoWs.

[PQUOD]
Members
1,296 posts
8,090 battles
29 minutes ago, Psicopro said:

So long, be back in a few months when I forget how much I hate the general population of this game =p.  Games should be fun, and tonight was one of those frustrating nights that snowball.  Getting more and more of them lately.  Moving on to something that I find more enjoyable once again.

image.thumb.png.b2879e345d4f0584a68c239c8d9f7b11.png

May be too late, but did you try dropping down a couple tiers to mids? That seems to be a popular place to go now-a-days

[FGNE]
Members
798 posts
2,493 battles
7 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Bye Felicia

This game is floundering.  It losing players at a stupid high rate.  The last thing you want is players leaving.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[WDS]
Members
1,231 posts
7,895 battles

Love all the probable will take a break and quit which really means I'm playing tomorrow . People who quit just do it they don't keep threating to quit every thread . Just don't play anymore stop writing about it . 

• Cool 2

[90THB]
Members
782 posts
8,994 battles
27 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Love all the probable will take a break and quit which really means I'm playing tomorrow . People who quit just do it they don't keep threating to quit every thread .

My instinct agrees with yours, but I'd love to see something that backs this up. Either way we should never mock someone that threatens to leave considering the small player base the game has. Every player counts.

[TDRB]
Members
2,086 posts
1 hour ago, Pytheas said:

My instinct agrees with yours, but I'd love to see something that backs this up. Either way we should never mock someone that threatens to leave considering the small player base the game has. Every player counts.

The OP said " when I forget how much I hate the general population of this game". He also checked the box complaining about the skill level of other players. I'd say the OP lost a few battles and was blaming teammates. I'm sure he has made some boneheaded moves in this game.

While we do need to question the reasoning behind the decision to leave the game, it should not be done in a mocking fashion.

[NOBS]
Members
1,084 posts
8,090 battles

If your goal is just winning, this is the wrong game. I'm able to grind out ships and captains losing, I make credits, free XP, etc. Is it always fun, no, but if you can't find fun in just playing, then you are never going to find it. 

Edited by Capt_h2o

[CAG]
Members
6 posts
4,530 battles

CVs make the game more frustrating than any other aspect for me, and a few of bad vs CV games in row sends me into said spiral. Every game in which I get taken out by a CV with seemingly no counter available is another nail in the coffin of my opinion of this game. Look let's face it, CV captains face literally zero risk most of any given game while being able to just fly around zapping people and just causing mayhem in an already chaotic (I refer to just random battles in general ) environment. Ships go all over the damn place trying to avoid planes and holding a team to any course of action was hard enough without them. They do way too much damage, effect game outcome too much (at high tiers way more so) and just add way too much frustration for me to __willingly want to___deal with. I just don't play games to be angry. Now games that are challenging are great, and I loved WOWS for that reason. I'm a regular Joe 51% captain, but that's what made it fun... growth to be experienced. The essence of WOWS has just changed post CV revamp from "this is hard I want to be better" to "this sucks.". Kudos to you guys that just love playing them, but I won't be dropping any more cash and my WOWs time is definitely dropping off more and more as my irritation and frustration has increased. For example, there's nothing worse than using defensive fire, a limited resource, still taking massive damage, and knowing the CV will just send more planes and do more damage. And when uptiered forget about it. I just want to alt F4 when I see my freshly obtained T8 Bismark in a T10 double carrier game.  Matchmaking was sometimes..well often painful before, but I took it as a challenge. Now it's just CV spam. There is no hiding from it. There is no strategic use of consumables to deter it in any meaningful way. There is no magic captain AA spec, and hell they even nerfed combined AA.   

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[NSEW]
Members
957 posts
9,217 battles

joke1.thumb.png.4624131ebc5a64b364d404956e76b8bb.png

Couldn't resist. I had free few minutes of coffee and time. Hopefully, you'll be quick to change your mind soon.

• Funny 1

Members
1,199 posts
5,446 battles
8 hours ago, kgh52 said:

The OP said " when I forget how much I hate the general population of this game". He also checked the box complaining about the skill level of other players. I'd say the OP lost a few battles and was blaming teammates. I'm sure he has made some boneheaded moves in this game.

While we do need to question the reasoning behind the decision to leave the game, it should not be done in a mocking fashion.

Not really.  They didn't have a box that says "gets frustrated and starts trying to do too much because teammates play too damn passive when we get behind" box.  So I checked the next best one.  I will readily admit that while I am not terrible in this game, I am not good enough to carry several bad players and retain a 60%+ win rate.  Hats off to those who can.  Doesn't mean I don't shake my head when I watch someone do something stupid and get themselves killed in the first 2 minutes that I could see coming a mile away either.  But I take my share of responsibility in not being able to carry people kicking and screaming to the promise land.

8 hours ago, Capt_h2o said:

If your goal is just winning, this is the wrong game. I'm able to grind out ships and captains losing, I make credits, free XP, etc. Is it always fun, no, but if you can't find fun in just playing, then you are never going to find it. 

It's not so much losing that bothers me, it is the general way the game is set up and moving more and more towards.  Aggressive play that doesn't pan out is punished WAY more than passive play that has little effect.  I can sit back in a Yammy and Henri and farm 100-150k damage on average in a game depending on how good my aim is that day and how many broadsides people show me without much trouble or effort, but it doesn't really decide games.  Or I can play in a destroyer, work my [edited]off to screen and compete for caps, and get way less damage which equates to less experience and thus fewer rewards.  And when a move doesn't work out in a DD, the punishment is usually instant death.

The game rewards risk-averse behavior.  Reinforces it even.  The player base realizes this, and the meta moves further and further towards passive play.  Worse than before lately with the CV rework even though a CV is less dangerous than they used to be in a skilled player's hands.  And it gets to me sometimes, so I take breaks.

11 hours ago, clammboy said:

Love all the probable will take a break and quit which really means I'm playing tomorrow . People who quit just do it they don't keep threating to quit every thread . Just don't play anymore stop writing about it . 

Well, maybe you are right.  There are days when this game is really fun.  But I uninstalled to take a break, this isn't a threat.  It is a decision.  This wasn't an I quit thread either.  This was a see you later thread.  I can pretty much guarantee you won't see me around today or tomorrow.  But I'll probably be back.   When I start getting frustrated with a video game though, it is a good sign to take a break.

I'm not arguing for or against any one thing.  I just realize that the game is more frustrating than fun for me right now.

6 hours ago, LookUpAndSpit said:

Actually the past couple of days all my games were really close. but before that yeah stomp in every game

I don't know why, but for me, this game goes in very vicious cycles too.  One day I can have a series of excellent games win or lose.  Other days we lose every other DD in the first two minutes and spend the rest of the game in futility trying to make something happen.  Don't think it is the game's fault directly.  It can't make players better after all.  Probably also has me getting frustrated and doing crapI wouldn't normally do in a close game.

Members
1,199 posts
5,446 battles
6 hours ago, LowSpeed_US said:

joke1.thumb.png.4624131ebc5a64b364d404956e76b8bb.png

Couldn't resist. I had free few minutes of coffee and time. Hopefully, you'll be quick to change your mind soon.

Hahaha.  When not playing this I usually play Paradox games.  I'm too old for first-person shooters.  Gives me a headache now.  And who downloads adult entertainment anymore? :Smile_veryhappy:

Members
1,199 posts
5,446 battles
8 hours ago, DrDeathbane said:

CVs make the game more frustrating than any other aspect for me, and a few of bad vs CV games in row sends me into said spiral. Every game in which I get taken out by a CV with seemingly no counter available is another nail in the coffin of my opinion of this game. Look let's face it, CV captains face literally zero risk most of any given game while being able to just fly around zapping people and just causing mayhem in an already chaotic (I refer to just random battles in general ) environment. Ships go all over the damn place trying to avoid planes and holding a team to any course of action was hard enough without them. They do way too much damage, effect game outcome too much (at high tiers way more so) and just add way too much frustration for me to __willingly want to___deal with. I just don't play games to be angry. Now games that are challenging are great, and I loved WOWS for that reason. I'm a regular Joe 51% captain, but that's what made it fun... growth to be experienced. The essence of WOWS has just changed post CV revamp from "this is hard I want to be better" to "this sucks.". Kudos to you guys that just love playing them, but I won't be dropping any more cash and my WOWs time is definitely dropping off more and more as my irritation and frustration has increased. For example, there's nothing worse than using defensive fire, a limited resource, still taking massive damage, and knowing the CV will just send more planes and do more damage. And when uptiered forget about it. I just want to alt F4 when I see my freshly obtained T8 Bismark in a T10 double carrier game.  Matchmaking was sometimes..well often painful before, but I took it as a challenge. Now it's just CV spam. There is no hiding from it. There is no strategic use of consumables to deter it in any meaningful way. There is no magic captain AA spec, and hell they even nerfed combined AA.   

I actually think CV's are less dangerous than ever.  The meta right now is showing too much fear of them imo.  However, the presence of one really limits your options.  You can't be caught alone or else you will be farmed.  This kind of enforces a pack-led derp crawl of passive play.  Any attempt to divert to a flank is guaranteed to fail unless it is done with at least 2-3 other likeminded players.  Since I don't division much, this makes it hard to stem the tide of failure if the battle starts going against you.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,008 posts
11 hours ago, clammboy said:

Also, F2P games have incredible amounts of churn anyway.

[BUOY]
Members
662 posts
4,819 battles
4 minutes ago, Psicopro said:

Not really.  They didn't have a box that says "gets frustrated and starts trying to do too much because teammates play too damn passive when we get behind" box.  So I checked the next best one.  I will readily admit that while I am not terrible in this game, I am not good enough to carry several bad players and retain a 60%+ win rate.  Hats off to those who can.  Doesn't mean I don't shake my head when I watch someone do something stupid and get themselves killed in the first 2 minutes that I could see coming a mile away either.  But I take my share of responsibility in not being able to carry people kicking and screaming to the promise land.

It's not so much losing that bothers me, it is the general way the game is set up and moving more and more towards.  Aggressive play that doesn't pan out is punished WAY more than passive play that has little effect.  I can sit back in a Yammy and Henri and farm 100-150k damage on average in a game depending on how good my aim is that day and how many broadsides people show me without much trouble or effort, but it doesn't really decide games.  Or I can play in a destroyer, work my [edited]off to screen and compete for caps, and get way less damage which equates to less experience and thus fewer rewards.  And when a move doesn't work out in a DD, the punishment is usually instant death.

The game rewards risk-averse behavior.  Reinforces it even.  The player base realizes this, and the meta moves further and further towards passive play.  Worse than before lately with the CV rework even though a CV is less dangerous than they used to be in a skilled player's hands.  And it gets to me sometimes, so I take breaks.

Well, maybe you are right.  There are days when this game is really fun.  But I uninstalled to take a break, this isn't a threat.  It is a decision.  This wasn't an I quit thread either.  This was a see you later thread.  I can pretty much guarantee you won't see me around today or tomorrow.  But I'll probably be back.   When I start getting frustrated with a video game though, it is a good sign to take a break.

I'm not arguing for or against any one thing.  I just realize that the game is more frustrating than fun for me right now.

I don't know why, but for me, this game goes in very vicious cycles too.  One day I can have a series of excellent games win or lose.  Other days we lose every other DD in the first two minutes and spend the rest of the game in futility trying to make something happen.  Don't think it is the game's fault directly.  It can't make players better after all.  Probably also has me getting frustrated and doing crapI wouldn't normally do in a close game.

yeah i mean you just need to make the best out of a situation. You dont know what your team mates will do LOL.

just yesterday I had a DD in my game where he sat in smoke and did nothing the entire game and I had to cap 2 caps in my cruiser while he was just skirting the cap edges.

its upto you how effectively you can manage to change the flow of the battle, but yeah some battles are totally unwinnable as your team mates are in a rush to suicide.

I actualy dont mind winning or losing really close games. Its why I play this game, for both sides to have good players so we can have a really good battle. Stomps are just no fun where all you can do is hope to farm enough damage before all your team suicides.

Close games is why I play this game and ive been getting that the past couple of days

• Cool 1

[WDS]
Members
1,231 posts
7,895 battles
5 minutes ago, Psicopro said:

ell, maybe you are right.  There are days when this game is really fun.  But I uninstalled to take a break, this isn't a threat.  It is a decision.  This wasn't an I quit thread either.  This was a see you later thread.  I can pretty much guarantee you won't see me around today or tomorrow.  But I'll probably be back.   When I start getting frustrated with a video game though, it is a good sign to take a break.

Yea I have taken a break but it usually only lasts 3 days before I come back . I understand how you feel about being frustrated sorry its the I quit threads that are annoying because they never do they just post threats I kind of misread yours .

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,307 posts
14,173 battles

Oh my, I had four of the most awful snowballs in a row last night.  Teams that literally melted.  One game...we lost on mercy at 8 minutes.  I was CV in all four, and doing very well.  Spotting...picking off the perimeter ships....dropping fighters to help against enemy CV...and maintaining squadron punch for the mid to late game where CVs can really shine.  We never got to the mid to late game!!!! 

This is just part of the game folks.  You do your best.  Sometimes, no matter how good you are ...how well you play...you simply cannot overcome a lopsided MM.  Just press on.  For every one of these you eat, there will be a flip side.  Make the difference on the edge cases.  Speaking of edge cases, i had a time out draw last night....Standard....only the CVs survived and no one knocked a cap point...just one tick would have been a game winner. 

Despite the frustration on the rolls, I'm still a big fan...and enjoy this game immensely.

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.