Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
captinjoehenry

Max Saturation Does 0 Damage?

13 comments in this topic

Members
66 posts
512 battles

So I just took out the Mino into a training room and tried out shotting a Republique to death with my AP from 12km range.  I was dealing massive damage for a while and then my damaged dropped to half damage as I would expect from saturation but then after that...  Well after I got it down to a bit over 2k health I became totally unable to damage the Republique with my guns no matter where I shot him from bow to superstructure to upper belt to rear and I got another I want to say 100 or so pens on the Republique that dealt a total of 0 damage.

Is this how things are supposed to work?  As it sort of feels like a bug to me?  But I don't really understand the saturation mechanic fully anyways.

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
12,005 battles
1 minute ago, captinjoehenry said:

So I just took out the Mino into a training room and tried out shotting a Republique to death with my AP from 12km range.  I was dealing massive damage for a while and then my damaged dropped to half damage as I would expect from saturation but then after that...  Well after I got it down to a bit over 2k health I became totally unable to damage the Republique with my guns no matter where I shot him from bow to superstructure to upper belt to rear and I got another I want to say 100 or so pens on the Republique that dealt a total of 0 damage.

Is this how things are supposed to work?  As it sort of feels like a bug to me?  But I don't really understand the saturation mechanic fully anyways.

Yes, max saturation means 0 damage under certain circumstances.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Damage_Saturation

Members
66 posts
512 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yes, max saturation means 0 damage under certain circumstances.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Damage_Saturation

Good to know.  Feels a bit odd though that with that system a Mino can't kill a Republique from full health to 0 with it's guns.  Mind you this has NEVER been an issue in game but still feels odd.

[HINON]
Members
12,827 posts
13 minutes ago, captinjoehenry said:

Good to know.  Feels a bit odd though that with that system a Mino can't kill a Republique from full health to 0 with it's guns.  Mind you this has NEVER been an issue in game but still feels odd.

Overpens still deal damage.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,628 battles
32 minutes ago, captinjoehenry said:

A good farmer never kills his target, instead leaving that to others … 

This is the play WG favors and always will 

• Boring 1

Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
28 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Yes!  It's time for THE GIF!

No!  Not that gif you perverts!

This gif!

f8t56Uu.gif

Wide torp spread disgusts me tho

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,386 posts
5,639 battles
3 hours ago, captinjoehenry said:

As @Kizarvexis said. But note that saturating the mid section also has an additional effect on saturation. I can't recall exactly though, so I will direct you to the wiki

Members
66 posts
512 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Yes!  It's time for THE GIF!

No!  Not that gif you perverts!

This gif!

f8t56Uu.gif

That is a pretty awesome gif.

Edited by captinjoehenry

[WOLF3]
Members
25,226 posts
22,249 battles
2 hours ago, captinjoehenry said:

That is a pretty awesome gif.

Speaking of Torpedoes, I don't know if Udaloi can still torpedo itself.  It used to back in the day :Smile_trollface:

Sign in to follow this