Sign in to follow this  
The_Old_Dog

CO-OP players tried Space battles?

21 comments in this topic

[-OPS-]
[-OPS-]
Members
95 posts

Hi.  I have become a coop main because I dislike rudeness in general.   I have played about 12 space battles so far and I have seen much better teamwork and no real rudeness...

the rewards are better than coop..   give it a try?   Once I figured it out, I am enjoying it..

have fun out there..

Members
1,933 posts
8,915 battles

Eh, no thanks. "Space" is just randoms with fancy skins covering for less variety in both ships and maps. 

If more rewards was all I cared about I'd play randoms and just YOLO every match. Doing 5000 dmg and finishing dead last on a loss in randoms still provides more rewards than a 100,000 dmg win in co-op. 

If space combat is what I want I'll go over to STO where I can at least move up and down. 

• Cool 2

[USCC]
Members
2,756 posts
12,023 battles

^^^ what he said, big nope for me too.

• Cool 1

[-OPS-]
[-OPS-]
Members
95 posts

It is all good with me..just thinking that some fellow coop players might have fun and earn the new currency to get the T10 legendary upgrades,,,a LONG grind in coop..

see you in coop!

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
11,299 posts
21,774 battles
1 hour ago, The_Old_Dog said:

Hi.  I have become a coop main because I dislike rudeness in general.   I have played about 12 space battles so far and I have seen much better teamwork and no real rudeness...

the rewards are better than coop..   give it a try?   Once I figured it out, I am enjoying it..

have fun out there..

Thanks for the info. Glad you enjoy it but it's a pass for me. PVP is PVP be it WW2 or space and that holds no interest for me personally. I support anyone who wants to though. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,557 posts
33,716 battles

Space? No.

I come here for naval battles. The closer to WWIi the better.

2D space is ludicrous. I pass. Enjoy it and have fun.

PS: If I want coop with better payouts I can do Ops.

Edited by alexf24
  • Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Members
4,310 posts

I've given it a try both times they've done it, and- no thanks.    It's just Randoms with funny camos and smaller teams.  Same annoying passive meta, though.

Ops are alright, sometimes.  Most of my favorites are unavailable due to the lack of AI CV's right now, though...    However, they do require some sort of teamwork to win- and that's often like herding cats.  Plus, the ship cooldown or pay to avoid it thing is annoying. 

Newport and Ultimate FU are both no-go's. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
131 posts
2,433 battles

Oddly enough when I decided to try it, the meta seemed to be a weird mix.

A lot of people were Yoloing and charging and others would kite and hide, it was kind of strange to watch.

I can only imagine the looks on peoples face though if they realized that a Co-op main was getting first in almost every match.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,777 posts
22,134 battles
3 hours ago, Vladeshi said:

Oddly enough when I decided to try it, the meta seemed to be a weird mix.

A lot of people were Yoloing and charging and others would kite and hide, it was kind of strange to watch.

I can only imagine the looks on peoples face though if they realized that a Co-op main was getting first in almost every match.

I think that many PvP players are having fun with the mode because the matches don't count towards their normal stats. They are playing a bit more aggressively and that bodes well for a co-op player since that is how every battle against the bots unfolds. I have always found my best games in PvP are ones where my team loses and if I am still alive with the reds attacking me, I score quite well since they are on the offense and generally place in the top spots.

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
[CO-OP]
Members
735 posts
21,410 battles

If you do take the plunge and win a game, don't forget to post the results here for some free camo (and a chance to win a premium ship):

[-IA-]
Beta Testers
170 posts
4,924 battles

I tried it, it wasn't bad, but I'm not going to be grinding through that.

I think it would be nice if they offered a co-op mode or made an operation to match the story.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
2,035 posts
7,286 battles
1 hour ago, CHBanger said:

I tried it, it wasn't bad, but I'm not going to be grinding through that.

I think it would be nice if they offered a co-op mode or made an operation to match the story.

I agree with you.  I dipped my toes in the water.  It was.... ok.  Still too slow and ponderous for me.  Tasmanian Devil not Giant Sloth.

Co-op or operation space battles is a good idea.  +1  :Smile_medal:

Members
5,150 posts
21 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Thanks for the info. Glad you enjoy it but it's a pass for me. PVP is PVP be it WW2 or space and that holds no interest for me personally. I support anyone who wants to though. :Smile_honoring:

Well, the current (till next Wednesday, I think) isn't straight up PvP like we're used to.  The two sides are not the same.  

The attackers get to respawn (30 second delay on the first one, haven't died a second time yet), and they have to work together to kill 4 generators, then they kill the big base (500K hp).  I've lost a few and won a few, and have almost always respawned once, when on the attack.

The defenders don't respawn, but they get basically a constant HoT on them, and it gets boosted a bit when other defenders die.  Their role is to not allow the generators to be killed, more or less.

Sort of a mix of PvP and Scenario.

It's full of damage on both sides, and I've been having more fun with it.  I think the reason there's less toxicity is that there's no stats on the line.

Also, 19-point captains, so I've flagged up, and I'm pulling down 20-50K a match in Elite Captain XP, depending on how it goes.

Someone said something about spawn-camping, but I have yet to see it.  I would figure that would be ended pretty quickly, *or* too many defenders would be out of position and would lose anyway.  The attacker's spawn is at one end, and the targeted base and the generators near the other end.  

Edit: Also, I think the way they put in the generators is helping have less passive play.  You have to go behind the big rocks, and fight to get vision on the generators most of the time.  The big base 'thing' you kill to win is pretty much hittable anywhere you have the range, but, the generators have to die before you can damage it. I've been going in the space BB, and I'm getting to brawl quite a bit, and lots of good penetrations, and not a few citadels at closer ranges; i.e. some of the stuff you get to have fun with in Co-Op and don't get to do much in most randoms.

Edited by mavfin87

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,923 posts

Not worth it at this point, takes away from getting some of the daily and personal mission stuff, and it's PVP. 

Also, haven't confirmed, but I suspect it has CVs, and I won't play in any mode that has the new CVs on the enemy team.

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
10,737 battles

:Smile_hiding:....tried it...already gave my opinion about it...simply put....its just another random MM....

[1RD]
Members
66 posts
8,328 battles

I gave it a whirl on the Test Server when it first showed up there.  I took out the Paris.  I did okay, sank a couple of ships, and lived until the end of the battle, which we won.  Would love to have the Space camo for my République, but not for 8,000 doubloons, thank you very much.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,310 posts

I tried the current scenario yesterday, and to my surprise, I got an aggressive team!   We all pushed in three groups, and swept the map of all opposition.  The defenders never really had a chance...

It was nice being on the winning side for once.

Too bad there weren't any planes- or I might not have had to suffer Randoms looking for CV's.

Sign in to follow this