You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Bot carriers when, please?

111 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
18,100 posts
12,562 battles

@Femennenly

If it's going to take a while to work out, is it possible or feasible to put the RTS CV bots back in as a stop-gap, insofar as the torpedo bombers and dive bombers are concerned? You have the AI worked out for them, after all, and the carrier-side consumables are all automatic anyway.

• Cool 4
  • Meh 2

[WOLFG]
Members
8,538 posts
6,858 battles

It would be nice to have choices other than be suicidal in anything other than a BB to get plane kills.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles

the average player,can't even tolerate the player CV. now imagine the bot CV messin up his operation "free from enemy CV".

[SIMP]
Members
1,430 posts
2 minutes ago, Leopard_IX said:

I wonder when they will implement them :cap_hmm:

As soon as they figure out how to make them cheat like the other bots.

• Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
19,833 posts
11,995 battles
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

@Femennenly

If it's going to take a while to work out, is it possible or feasible to put the RTS CV bots back in as a stop-gap, insofar as the torpedo bombers and dive bombers are concerned? You have the AI worked out for them, after all, and the carrier-side consumables are all automatic anyway.

Everytime someone asks, it puts it back another day. :Smile_teethhappy:

The AA mechanics are WAY different between RTS and WASD CV play. Not sure that would work.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,489 posts

Are people really excited about the chance to be trolled by the new CV bots? :Smile_amazed:

They were bad before, but with the new mechanics, they'll probably a nightmare....I honestly dread what they will do to Cherry Blossom, non stop attacks with no breaks will get old fast.

Edited by awiggin
  • Boring 1

[USCC]
Members
2,755 posts
12,006 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

Are people really excited about the chance to be trolled by the new CV bots? :Smile_amazed:

They were bad before, but with the new mechanics, they'll probably a nightmare....

I think most may be excited about shooting down planes again... DD players like myself ... not so much excited lol

I'll figure the problems out as they arise, but no, I'm not excited, nor looking forward to them as a  DD player.

As a cruiser player.. yeah,  yanno, just to spice up PVE a bit. :Smile_trollface: 

[CTG80]
[CTG80]
Members
4,534 posts
13,611 battles

I, too, vote to put bot CV's in Co-op.  I've got all these AA build CL's and I'm dying to see how they work.

[WOLFC]
Members
685 posts
24,954 battles

I eagerly await bot CVs in Co-op, too. And I'd like to get back the operations that include planes.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,231 posts
18,432 battles
1 hour ago, Leopard_IX said:

I wonder when WHY they would implement them :cap_hmm:

It would be easier, and much more popular, to just remove the ones we have right now. (Fixed that for ya!)

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

Members
1,027 posts
6,033 battles
1 hour ago, capncrunch21 said:

As soon as they figure out how to make them cheat like the other bots.

First people said they were too easy, now you are saying they are too hard? Seriously ? I like them the way they are.

Edited by khorender_1

[-K-]
Members
8,020 posts
13,215 battles

Never.  Bot carriers would just encourage real players to try their hand at it.

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,606 battles
9 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Seriously +1,

After everything we've experienced and seen over the last 3 months, this suggestion is the product of a sick mind … 

Do we need more fail :)

Edited by Commander_367

[ARGSY]
Members
18,100 posts
12,562 battles
55 minutes ago, Rumple010 said:

I eagerly await bot CVs in Co-op, too. And I'd like to get back the operations that include planes.

This is sort of 95% of the reason I want them back. Hello, Cherry Blossom.

[USCC]
Members
2,755 posts
12,006 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Just between you and me, I kinda like the new CV's, I just can't seem to do much damage in them, at least not the RN one's I've been playing.

When the bot CV's do come back to PVE, I'll probably start playing them more, honestly, they can be fun!... but don't tell anyone! :cap_like:

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
10,670 battles
2 hours ago, mohawkdriver said:

I, too, vote to put bot CV's in Co-op.  I've got all these AA build CL's and I'm dying to see how they work.

how ironic....Before 8.0....lot of y'all was [edited] and complaining about NOT having CVs in Co-op....

and when people finally get their wish....they want it back?! :Smile_sceptic::Smile_facepalm:

don't believe me? just go back on forums...you will find them.  

Edited by Shinnidan
  • Meh 1

[-K-]
Members
8,020 posts
13,215 battles
49 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

Just between you and me, I kinda like the new CV's, I just can't seem to do much damage in them, at least not the RN one's I've been playing.

When the bot CV's do come back to PVE, I'll probably start playing them more, honestly, they can be fun!... but don't tell anyone! :cap_like:

I have three 19-pt commanders ready to go in Langley, Hosho, and Hermes if/when I ever decide to give them a whirl.  However, I can't seem to find any motivation to give them a try yet.  What I've seen (and have faced) hasn't impressed me much up to this point.

Any words of encouragement or reasoning as why maybe I should?

[PVE]
Members
19,833 posts
11,995 battles
11 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I have three 19-pt commanders ready to go in Langley, Hosho, and Hermes if/when I ever decide to give them a whirl.  However, I can't seem to find any motivation to give them a try yet.  What I've seen (and have faced) hasn't impressed me much up to this point.

If you get to the T6 Cmdrs, then the CV missions like this Directives 3M credits, last Directives 25,000 XP for an Air Supply container and next Directives 10k base XP missions are all doable for you.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,587 posts
4,602 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The AI could fly planes around, but interactions with ships, e.g. doing and taking damage, have also been changed. 

So, unfortunately, trying to use the RTS stuff won't work.

[PVE]
Members
1,709 posts
7,784 battles

Yep, I actually miss CV BOTs in co-op battles, liked seeing at the after battle report how many planes I shot down.

[WOLF8]
Members
6,783 posts
5,919 battles
19 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

If I were you and if I had some spare resources, then I would've skip to Tier VI. Tier IV CV's are very bland to play, especially so in Coop where you gotta hustle up to get your fair share of damages and kills. Tier IV planes are flying at leisurely pace going "putt putt putt" with even worse damage output potential than ones at higher tier. I personally find Tier VI to be just bearable to play... but that's just me. Tier IV CV's were mind numbingly dull to play for me, even back in 0.8.0.0, before the hotfix nerfs came in.

Of course, this is just my opinion, so please take them with not a grain of salt, but with a grain of sugar, lol.

My 2 doubloons.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,100 posts
12,562 battles
56 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

The AI could fly planes around, but interactions with ships, e.g. doing and taking damage, have also been changed. 

So, unfortunately, trying to use the RTS stuff won't work.

I am not absolutely sure you are right, which is why I tagged our admin who is also a serious carrier main.

[GREIF]
Members
252 posts
3,982 battles
5 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

the average player,can't even tolerate the player CV. now imagine the bot CV messin up his operation "free from enemy CV".

yeah -- pretty much this.  I'd much prefer to have scenarios remain free of BOT CVs...RTS or otherwise.  they're irritating enough in randoms.  leave a CV refuge mode for those that want a CV refuge mode. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,587 posts
4,602 battles
11 minutes ago, warlock_xxxx said:

I'd much prefer to have scenarios remain free of BOT CV

I'd much prefer the opposite. 

In our beloved Dynamo and Cherry Blossom, players interact with ground based planes.  The CV in CB is there to defend the players.

Ultimate FU is screwed up enough without a carrier, but I wouldn't mind having it back; it likely wouldn't make a difference.  Raptor, you lose the whole point without at least one, and lot of the flavor without the red CVs.

No, we need them back.

• Cool 3