Sign in to follow this  
Hali_greg

How to win Attack in Space Battles

6 comments in this topic

[RSWF]
Members
79 posts
5,420 battles

Is it possible to win in Attack in Space Battles? 

I've been attacking about 10 times and have never been close to winning.  I was expecting the Defenders to get nerfed in the lastest patch but nothing.

I'm done with this mode.  Between the losses and the long spawn times, it is not worth it.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,207 posts
13,263 battles

Here are things I've noticed that I think people need to do to win the Attack side:

1. Get a few kills with your first wave, even if you have to slow down a bit and be cautious.  You are on basically equal footing, and need to get a few kills to limit the defenders flexibility.  If you don't get a few kills, it gets really tough.
    1. If you can get a BB down, better.  People tend to try for cruisers and DDs (because they are easier to remove), but the BBs benefit the most from ROF and healing buffs later on, more than CAs and DDs.
    2. That said, kill anything that is low health if the opportunity presents itself.  The buffs don't totally offset an actual full ship.
  2. After you get a couple kills, don't be afraid to take a risk to take out a generator or someone low health.  Rams are good too!
  3. After you get a few kills and respawn, try to get with a group and not yolo unless you have a specific goal (a neglected generator thats open for example).  Eahc target is a lot harder to kill when they have buffs - need the team to take people down.  Plus, with the ROF buff, any 1v1 will be tough.
  4. TORP THE GENERATORS.  They can not be rammed, but they can be torped.  Don't just sit there in your torp boat, shooting main guns at it.
    1. Secondaries can kill them too.
  5. Always, Always be on the lookout for a generator you can hit.  The defenders pretty much know where you are, so stealth isn't a big concern.  The generators can very often be hit from the opposite flank, especially in BBs.  You don't have to be right next to one to hit it.  Paris, with its 4000 KM guns, just needs to get an angle on them.
  6. Just because you can respawn, doesn't always mean you just yolo and hope for the best.  It takes a while to respawn and get back to the fight. 
  7. That said, if you are near death, respawning may be the better option rather than running away.  Running away 100% benefits the defenders and I have let people on the attacking team run away toward the spawn as a defender, telling the team to not kill them, because they have essentially taken themselves out of the game and if they re-engage, they die easily.

It is ironic though, cause you will hear people complain that the attackers have all the advantages, and then the next game, the defenders have them all.  My opinion is the defenders have the advantage, with the buffs and the fact that they are defending, but ultimately it comes down to the guy behind the keyboard.

• Cool 4

[RST]
Members
476 posts
10,270 battles

Attack teams that attack in 1 or 2 large groups and focus fire seem to have very good success, especially ones I've seen where all overload a single flank as the defenders seem to tend to spread to defend and if you can overload a flank and get kills it gets tough on defenders.  Problem is these modes are a different mindset so the players who can't (or won't) adjust struggle and if too many are like that on a team the team will lose.  For attackers, the mindset that staying alive is critical is tough to overcome, but if you can take defenders with you then as @Old_Baldy_One noted it becomes easier even if you need to respawn.  Basically need to make good trades, not YOLO, but take 1-2 with you as an attacker. 

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,177 posts
14,046 battles
1 hour ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

kk Here are things I've noticed that I think people need to do to win the Attack side:

1. Get a few kills with your first wave, even if you have to slow down a bit and be cautious.  You are on basically equal footing, and need to get a few kills to limit the defenders flexibility.  If you don't get a few kills, it gets really tough.
    1. If you can get a BB down, better.  People tend to try for cruisers and DDs (because they are easier to remove), but the BBs benefit the most from ROF and healing buffs later on, more than CAs and DDs.
    2. That said, kill anything that is low health if the opportunity presents itself.  The buffs don't totally offset an actual full ship.
  2. After you get a couple kills, don't be afraid to take a risk to take out a generator or someone low health.  Rams are good too!
  3. After you get a few kills and respawn, try to get with a group and not yolo unless you have a specific goal (a neglected generator thats open for example).  Eahc target is a lot harder to kill when they have buffs - need the team to take people down.  Plus, with the ROF buff, any 1v1 will be tough.
  4. TORP THE GENERATORS.  They can not be rammed, but they can be torped.  Don't just sit there in your torp boat, shooting main guns at it.
    1. Secondaries can kill them too.
  5. Always, Always be on the lookout for a generator you can hit.  The defenders pretty much know where you are, so stealth isn't a big concern.  The generators can very often be hit from the opposite flank, especially in BBs.  You don't have to be right next to one to hit it.  Paris, with its 4000 KM guns, just needs to get an angle on them.
  6. Just because you can respawn, doesn't always mean you just yolo and hope for the best.  It takes a while to respawn and get back to the fight. 
  7. That said, if you are near death, respawning may be the better option rather than running away.  Running away 100% benefits the defenders and I have let people on the attacking team run away toward the spawn as a defender, telling the team to not kill them, because they have essentially taken themselves out of the game and if they re-engage, they die easily.

It is ironic though, cause you will hear people complain that the attackers have all the advantages, and then the next game, the defenders have them all.  My opinion is the defenders have the advantage, with the buffs and the fact that they are defending, but ultimately it comes down to the guy behind the keyboard.

:Smile_great:

Yeah, almost every attack win has been coupled with killing off the defenders and not getting killed off yourself. Re-spawn is nice but time is limited.

Good luck @Hali_greg 

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776
  • Cool 1

[RSWF]
Members
79 posts
5,420 battles

Thanks guys.  I feel informed and inspired to go once more into the breach!

p.s. I really like the positive energy of the forum. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,925 posts
7,591 battles

The will of your team to push as a group is key. Too many people play it like randoms.  Cruisers shouldn't shoot at BBs unless they're being focused, for example. The chip damage is too low vs the defenders' heal, and they expose themselves when they shoot, get return fire, then go hide. 

Sign in to follow this