Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

When can we get USS Hull??

18 comments in this topic

[--K--]
Members
6,593 posts
14,361 battles

I need a T10 DD with 8" guns with a 5 second reload for ambushing cruisers. 

Members
707 posts
4,742 battles

Okay, but it's a 60 second reload and it only makes 12kts.

But seriously, a mid-70's refit goes well outside the 'parameters' of the game.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I need a T10 DD with 8" guns with a 5 second reload for ambushing cruisers. 

Less health than a Gearing (4000 ton vs. 3500) yet larger (127 m vs. 119 m) thus easier to spot. Slower than a DM (32.5 knots), 6 torpedo tubes in a single rack, and a way deeper draft (thus slower turns); yep she'd be wrecked against most other DD's at T10, even with an Auto 8".

[--K--]
Members
6,593 posts
14,361 battles
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

Less health than a Gearing (4000 ton vs. 3500) yet larger (127 m vs. 119 m) thus easier to spot. Slower than a DM (32.5 knots), 6 torpedo tubes in a single rack, and a way deeper draft (thus slower turns); yep she'd be wrecked against most other DD's at T10, even with an Auto 8".

You got your tonnages mixed up

[NGA]
Members
1,968 posts
10,418 battles

You know, I get the feeling that if I suggested Midway should get planes from later in her career, the anti-CV crowd would hang me and burn the corpse as a sacrifice to RNGesus.

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
6 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

You got your tonnages mixed up

Gearing's had Deep load of 4000 tons during Wartime/Post War. The Shermans and the Hull Specifically by the 1970's were 3500 at deep load as additional guns were pulled off the hull to save weight.

4 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

You know, I get the feeling that if I suggested Midway should get planes from later in her career, the anti-CV crowd would hang me and burn the corpse as a sacrifice to RNGesus.

It used to have jets, way back when. I don't remember what airframes, but I do distinctly remember them having jets. They were removed when they redid what planes were at what tiers (used to be up to T6 had Biplanes.

Edited by _RC1138

[--K--]
Members
6,593 posts
14,361 battles
3 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

But they would do things over and above what is in the game. The USS Hull has nothing over and above what is in the game already. It had guns and torpedoes. It's guns are comparable to Des Moines. It has limited torps, similar to Harugumo. 

[--K--]
Members
6,593 posts
14,361 battles
7 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Gearing's had Deep load of 4000 tons during Wartime/Post War. The Shermans and the Hull Specifically by the 1970's were 3500 at deep load as additional guns were pulled off the hull to save weight.

I know you got better sources than me, can you help me out with the citations?

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,308 posts
22 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Early on she had jets but those were taken out more than a few patches ago.  I am thinking they disappeared before 0.5 dropped, but I am not sure.

[--K--]
Members
6,593 posts
14,361 battles
31 minutes ago, Jiggiwatt said:

Yep, cause Taiwan took on the YY in 1970. 1975 is downright futuristic compared to that.

Members
1,933 posts
8,910 battles
25 minutes ago, Jiggiwatt said:

When was Kutuzov in service again? 1954 - 2000. So long as we stick with guns and torpedoes for armament why not add it?

[NGA]
Members
1,968 posts
10,418 battles
31 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

It used to have jets, way back when. I don't remember what airframes, but I do distinctly remember them having jets. They were removed when they redid what planes were at what tiers (used to be up to T6 had Biplanes.

12 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

Early on she had jets but those were taken out more than a few patches ago.  I am thinking they disappeared before 0.5 dropped, but I am not sure.

I remember. I had just unlocked the Lexington when 5.3 dropped. Not only did it brutalize my Cleveland and Nurnberg, but it also ended my dream of playing with jet planes. Still, if WoWS ever goes belly-up and they decide to earn as much as they can by selling a single-player conversion, it's on my list of things to mod.

[KWF]
Members
4,006 posts
6,135 battles
48 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

I remember. I had just unlocked the Lexington when 5.3 dropped. Not only did it brutalize my Cleveland and Nurnberg, but it also ended my dream of playing with jet planes. Still, if WoWS ever goes belly-up and they decide to earn as much as they can by selling a single-player conversion, it's on my list of things to mod.

I think it was F2H's? Something along those lines.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,314 posts
17,496 battles
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

The USS Hull has nothing over and above what is in the game already. It had guns and torpedoes. It's guns are comparable to Des Moines. It has limited torps, similar to Harugumo. 

This makes it a viable candidate for this game. I wouldn't mind seeing it, I'm sure it can be balanced. Except that Hull carried only one barrel of 8"? that would be a problem.

18 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

Which USS Hull are we talking about?

This one. It carried DM type 8" rifles for some time as experiment.

• Cool 1

[--K--]
Members
6,593 posts
14,361 battles
7 minutes ago, Lert said:

This makes it a viable candidate for this game. I wouldn't mind seeing it, I'm sure it can be balanced. Except that Hull carried only one barrel of 8"? that would be a problem. 

Historical accuracy hasn't prevented WG in the past with gun concepts... See: Gneisenau

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,314 posts
17,496 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

Historical accuracy hasn't prevented WG in the past with gun concepts... See: Gneisenau

Gneisenau was actually designed for 3x 2 15" and the conversion was actually started. Hull was only ever planned to carry 1x 8" IIRC.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,141 posts
12,619 battles
1 hour ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Still, if WoWS ever goes belly-up and they decide to earn as much as they can by selling a single-player conversion

I would buy that and play it daily until the day I died. Hell, they could market two versions - the first being as it is when the final update drops, and the second being the RTS carrier's last day.

I wonder what the processing requirements are like to run fifteen bots plus the player. On the other hand, with everything done local you would never have any issues with ping times or lag spikes.

Sign in to follow this