You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BowBonk

Yamato Gun Dispersion

14 comments in this topic

[PEEDZ]
Members
64 posts
17,135 battles

I’ve heard several reports of the dispersion on the Yamato’s guns being bugged post update. Anyone else have this problem? 

[PVE]
Members
3,777 posts
16,132 battles

Bugged how?  I play the Yammy in COOP everyday for the most part and haven't seen anything bizarre of late??? 

Edited by Asym_KS

[PEEDZ]
Members
64 posts
17,135 battles
11 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Bugged how?  I play the Yammy in COOP everyday for the most part and haven't seen anything bizarre of late??? 

Dispersion has been all over the place. I haven't played mine, but several of my clan mates have said that there are significant differences. 

Here's a twitch clip

I just wanted to bring it up, see if anyone else is having similar issues. 

[-BN-]
Members
238 posts
10,696 battles
26 minutes ago, Addison_Wang said:

Dispersion has been all over the place. I haven't played mine, but several of my clan mates have said that there are significant differences. 

Here's a twitch clip

I just wanted to bring it up, see if anyone else is having similar issues. 

Holy [edited], that first one is strange enough but the second one was very poor dispersion too. Unfortunately checking dispersion changes is stupid amounts of works. I will ask my clan mates if they noticed anything.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
3,777 posts
16,132 battles

OK, I'm not a Yamy expert, so, anything I say is opinion.

What I am seeing in this clip is normal gun behavior.......  Depends on how you have outfitted the Yamy in the first place so........anything I say is based on what I've done for my COOP Yamy....  OK?

Angle of Attack, perpendicular or 10 or so degrees off perpendicular, either way seems to create a greater "spread" of those volleys....  I think this coincidences with the B turret Citadel "issue" that is intentional, to lessen the Yamy's 100% defensive stature...  There has to be a weak spot....  And, to get to that weak spot, gun spread efficiency almost requires a greater AOA to the target, opening up that weak spot.  I rarely shoot head on anymore; always, at a well defined angle to the target.....  That's what I see.....and, I am not saying I know something everyone else doesn't know !  It's what I observe in my use of the Yamy in COOP.   I don't play randoms very much at all and never take that ship, with its 19 point CPT anywhere else.

Test what I said out and see if that improves the dispersion.   The Scharnhorst is the same way:  a well define AOA tightens the dispersion. 

[PEEDZ]
Members
64 posts
17,135 battles

@Asym_KS I mean, the guy that I clipped is one of the best players on NA. If he’s finding something wrong with the Yamato’s performance it’s mostly likely the guns not him. To be determined though.

[-BN-]
Members
238 posts
10,696 battles
4 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Lock on bug.

It happens to all ships these days.

That was my initial though too but it happens to me only when i fast target. Haven't seen anyone get that bug on a target locked for a long time.

[PVE]
Members
3,777 posts
16,132 battles
11 minutes ago, Addison_Wang said:

@Asym_KS I mean, the guy that I clipped is one of the best players on NA. If he’s finding something wrong with the Yamato’s performance it’s mostly likely the guns not him. To be determined though.

It's not a people issues that is for sure.....  Technically, what I have seen is all about AoA....  There are sweet spots on some ships....  I'm not sure what the Lock On bug does....

Let me now what you all come up with !  I like my Yamy and do a lot of damage with that monster.

[NSEW]
Members
1,710 posts
10,351 battles

It's not the first time I've seen my shells hit or miss at that range (or closer).  It is reeeeally tedious.

[A-D-F]
Members
1,127 posts
9,379 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Lock on bug.

It happens to all ships these days.

Is not bug, is feature. All gun barrels not lined with Stalinium will exhibit this wonderful performance, courtesy of the Rodina.

14 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

It's not the first time I've seen my shells hit or miss at that range (or closer).  It is reeeeally tedious.

is feature,  I tell you, designed to ensure a uniformity of suffering for player base. Run along now before Uncle Joe sends you to gulag for not being sufficiently enamored with new suffering paradigm.

[PN]
Members
9 posts
12,732 battles
9 hours ago, Addison_Wang said:

I’ve heard several reports of the dispersion on the Yamato’s guns being bugged post update. Anyone else have this problem? 

I'm so glad someone made a post about this. I've been complaining to my clan mates for the past week or so that the dispersion is way off. I actually switched to the Montana last night because of it. Hopefully WG sees and fixes the issue. I was getting shots off like the guy in the video. Yet I had legendary mod for Yamato as well. Just horrible.