You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JackG79

So what is going on with CV"s?? F Key Cheat back or what?

44 comments in this topic

Members
214 posts
4,372 battles

So what is going on with CV"s now?   I remember they put out a micro patch to fix the F key cheat/exploit.  Seemed that Carriers were fixed for a little while, but the last week or so it seems like we are just about right back to where we got away from?  People are getting bombarded with salvo, after salvo, after salvo. ... When you spend the WHOLE GAME fighting off airplanes, how are you supposed to get in any fun or meaningful game play? 

I did 44k airplane damage in the Kii. and only took out 4 planes...  several teammates on my team, as well as the enemy team did numbers of 108K and 200K airplane damage. shot down 40+ and 50 airplanes.....    That is ABSURD.....    No way should there e that many throw away planes  to just spit out one after another.  

This is the "F" key exploit all over again but dressed up as something else.  The amount of planes these guys have to contend with is too much.  I sure hope that they plan on doing more Carrier work, because this is sapping the game of an awful lot of fun! 

Check out the "Shot down" numbers here..... 

shot-19.04.11_04.47.56-0803.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 11

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,384 posts
17,577 battles
2 minutes ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

No cheat, just a CV captain that understand the damage model.  Let's not get hysterical.

Understanding how the game works is cheating and an exploit and a hack and should be against the rules!

• Cool 7
  • Funny 11
  • Meh 2

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles

i never had a problem smashing Kiis with my CVs . and with me getting better at AP bomb dropping(not counting the HORRENDOUS rng of the bomb spread),ijn BBs are not exactly a threat.

• Cool 1

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,716 posts
16,325 battles
2 hours ago, JackG79 said:

So what is going on with CV"s now?   I remember they put out a micro patch to fix the F key cheat/exploit.  Seemed that Carriers were fixed for a little while, but the last week or so it seems like we are just about right back to where we got away from?  People are getting bombarded with salvo, after salvo, after salvo. ... When you spend the WHOLE GAME fighting off airplanes, how are you supposed to get in any fun or meaningful game play? 

I did 44k airplane damage in the Kii. and only took out 4 planes...  several teammates on my team, as well as the enemy team did numbers of 108K and 200K airplane damage. shot down 40+ and 50 airplanes.....    That is ABSURD.....    No way should there e that many throw away planes  to just spit out one after another.  

This is the "F" key exploit all over again but dressed up as something else.  The amount of planes these guys have to contend with is too much.  I sure hope that they plan on doing more Carrier work, because this is sapping the game of an awful lot of fun! 

Your team shot down 135 airplanes from 2 CV's, and their team shot down 162 planes from your 2 CV's - it seems like your AA on both sides was very effective.  The "F" key spam allowed CV drivers to get in one against a heavy AA platform, hit the F-key and protect the rest of his planes from being shot down.  Now there is a time period directly after the attack where a player can't hit the f-key to makes his remaining planes invulnerable - hence the large amounts of planes show down on both sides.

Your screen shot is evidence that the system is working for both teams - you just didn't do well with your own personal AA.  Do you understand that you can do a bunch of damage to a squadron on it's first attack, and the damage is applied to a bunch of different planes - not just one at a time till that one is dead.  That's how a fresh squadron can withstand your AA and not lose many if any planes on the first pass.

Have you actually read how these mechanics work?

• Cool 1

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,343 posts
2 hours ago, Lert said:

Understanding how the game works is cheating and an exploit and a hack and should be against the rules!

I... I use the WASD h@x... 

• Funny 1

[WHARF]
Members
225 posts
16,433 battles
23 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Your team shot down 135 airplanes from 2 CV's, and their team shot down 162 planes from your 2 CV's - it seems like your AA on both sides was very effective.  The "F" key spam allowed CV drivers to get in one against a heavy AA platform, hit the F-key and protect the rest of his planes from being shot down.  Now there is a time period directly after the attack where a player can't hit the f-key to makes his remaining planes invulnerable - hence the large amounts of planes show down on both sides.

Your screen shot is evidence that the system is working for both teams - you just didn't do well with your own personal AA.  Do you understand that you can do a bunch of damage to a squadron on it's first attack, and the damage is applied to a bunch of different planes - not just one at a time till that one is dead.  That's how a fresh squadron can withstand your AA and not lose many if any planes on the first pass.

Have you actually read how these mechanics work?

Nothing works in this GAME...all make believe...play time

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
798 posts
5,799 battles
17 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

I... I use the WASD h@x... 

ssssshhhhhhhh don't tell our secrets  

• Funny 1

Members
115 posts
7,604 battles
3 hours ago, JackG79 said:

Honestly, base on the score board it looks like you have one team that had good T10 BBs and another team that had terrible T10 BBs (apologize if either of those two are actually reading this).  You can't have a match were two of your most powerful ships do so little and expect win.  It looks like both side's CVs played pretty evenly; CVs are not what decided this match.

Members
252 posts
12,620 battles

May I make a suggestion? I highly recommend playing CVs to understand the class better and defend yourself against them. Try spending some time on the Test Server so that you can quickly get them without wasting real game resources. I am at best an average CV player and can't really brag, but, I know what maneuvers a ship can pull to baffle my strikes.

Playing CVs has taught me how to better dodge dive and torp bombers in regular surface ships. I can position my ships and provide better AA protection for friendlies because I know what and how to hurt my CV planes. 

Sometimes there's just nothing you can do and it's very frustrating, but more often than not you can help yourself with good position and map awareness. Hope this helps.

There's also a recent patch that will make double CVs at high tier very rare.

Members
485 posts
15,274 battles
4 hours ago, JackG79 said:

Double CV game. move along, nothing out of the ordinary here.

[TARK]
Members
5,232 posts
2,146 battles
4 hours ago, JackG79 said:

Nearly 3000 battles and doesnt understand how the game works...

This is the problem, not CVs.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
601 posts
7,214 battles
4 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Nearly 3000 battles and doesnt understand how the game works...

This is the problem, not CVs.

Well most would say that since none of those Cvs were likely out of planes after losing 150+ planes that is the problem, would be surprised if either CV took any ship damage whatsoever.

Dealing damage without the ability to take damage in a game is relatively broken, at no time were any of those CVs at risk of being sunk, and since the planes regenerate there is very little loss for a CV.

• Cool 3

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

I wouldt say its a f key exploit, its more like AA being ineffective. As of now, the AA Damage is divided between flak burst and dps aura. The problem is, planes can dodge flak, making it nearly useless, and for most ships the dps aura just doesnt have enough damage to shot down planes. 

As of now, AA mechanics are a PvE game for the CV player, the skill of the CV player defines the outcome. When facing a bad CV player, he eats all the flak damage and lose most of his planes either to the flak or to the dps aura just after. A good CV player dodges all the flak and the dps aura doesnt deal enough damage to prevent the strike. This is what makes facing CVs so frustrating and unfun, the outcome is defined by the CV player skill, and there is little we can do about that. Its a one sided interaction. 

This is why players are joining into blobs/lemming trains, you get so much flak that gets hard to dodge all of that, and the combined aura dps is means the planes can stay only a few secs there before losing planes. 

The only way to make AA effective, is too increasse the aura dps, but then it might be too effective and CVs become weak. Or giving us acutal control of our AA, which would make a skill vs skill interaction. 

[WOLFG]
Members
27,126 posts
7,239 battles
6 hours ago, JackG79 said:

No way should there e that many throw away planes  to just spit out one after another....Check out the "Shot down" numbers here..... 

Actually, they should. Midway and Enterprise could carry between them over 200 planes. 

You shot down 135. You only shot down 2/3 of all the available aircraft. (if there were hangar limits) What do you expect?

I'm guessing your CVs were having more trouble, because the enemy shot down 5/6 of your available planes.

[TARK]
Members
5,232 posts
2,146 battles
1 hour ago, SmokinCAT said:

Well most would say that since none of those Cvs were likely out of planes after losing 150+ planes that is the problem, would be surprised if either CV took any ship damage whatsoever.

Dealing damage without the ability to take damage in a game is relatively broken, at no time were any of those CVs at risk of being sunk, and since the planes regenerate there is very little loss for a CV.

Out of planes? Nope.

HP of the CV only matters if its greater than 1. Its HP of the planes that matter...but you dont understand that either.

DDs and BBs can also do damage without the ability to take damage. Analogy based on flawed understanding of the game...Nope.

See what I mean?

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,704 posts
4,097 battles
6 hours ago, JackG79 said:

What does an exploit that got patched and remains patched have to do with an individual ship's AA effectiveness?  Or a players effectiveness in positioning?  In a game where there are two CVs, you're going to face quite a bit of CV activity.

The fact that both teams absolutely mauled the aircraft in that game shows that the exploit is still gone.

[SYN]
Members
15,688 posts
12,778 battles

Do you have MFCAA on your ship?

that makes a world of difference

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,585 posts

The "F key" thing you are talking about would have meant that a LOT less planes would have been shot down.  That's been changed for quite a while now and your results screen proves it. They can't just press a button, become immune and run away.  That's what it used to do.

Based on the number of planes shot down, those CVs were likely getting pretty low on planes at the end.

That said, do you want to run out of ammo for the guns on your ship and be forced to then sail around doing nothing for the rest of the game?  That is what you are suggesting.

[SANK]
Members
301 posts
6,004 battles

And yet, no one here has mentioned fighter aircraft consumable drops. These are more often used now to mitigate damage across an attack run, than to actually stop enemy attack wings. They also count towards the shot down count..........

Does anyone know the plane count in the fighter consumables?

Members
214 posts
4,372 battles
8 hours ago, fishin79 said:

Honestly, base on the score board it looks like you have one team that had good T10 BBs and another team that had terrible T10 BBs (apologize if either of those two are actually reading this).  You can't have a match were two of your most powerful ships do so little and expect win.  It looks like both side's CVs played pretty evenly; CVs are not what decided this match.

I never once complained about the outcome of the match.  

I simply asked if they were going to be doing more CV work, as it seems that they have  too much power again. 

Members
1,344 posts
3,206 battles

Considering the vast number of planes shot down by some of your allies, I'm guessing you just weren't getting the last hit on the planes. Planes have health. Many people can contribute to reducing that health, but only one person is credited for getting the final hit.

Members
214 posts
4,372 battles
5 minutes ago, Frenotx said:

Considering the vast number of planes shot down by some of your allies, I'm guessing you just weren't getting the last hit on the planes. Planes have health. Many people can contribute to reducing that health, but only one person is credited for getting the final hit.

I thought that too, but i asked in the match what kind of airplane damage everyone did, and responded with numbers 2 and 3 and 4 times as high as what I did.  I made a joke about "yeah right... what did they do.. put out 30 aircraft salvos"   but then i seen the amount of planes some of these killed an i was like WOAH.... Here i was complaining about getting overwhelmed,  when some of these guys did 100-200K in airplane damage alone and killed 20-40 airplanes.  Suddenly I didn't feel like I had it so bad.   LoL 

Edited by JackG79