You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

I thought people were kidding.......

80 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
1,627 posts

A while back I asked about opting out of maps ( I hate one of them )   and it was because i didn't like using expensive camo and signals on rounds that last 3 minutes or are set up where you MAY get one kill tops.  Well One of the guys said " Bots key on signals"    I now know it is  true.  I played pretty sparse , with just perma camos and low grade signal or two. Played ALL evening getting 1 to 3 kills a round.. on fire having a great time.  Was feeling good so i put a PREMIUM signal up to help me finish this task and I lasted LESS THAN 60 SECONDS!  Ok so I think that was a fluke..try again.. CRAP it's epicenter ( the one I hate ) I get all of 650 damage ( all night MINIMUM of 70 to 100K  )  I look up two DDs have me sandwiched in a 16 torp [edited]!!  so I try ONE MORE TIME.  I really suit up and take my CL out.  I go right...gonna set up a nice crossfire, I come around the corner SIX SHIPS WAITING POOF gone in a hail of fire smoke no good..couldn't run , every hit was massive damage.. crap, even the SEAGULLS took a bite out of my [edited]..  Now I didn't in ANY way change the way I play but went back in with nothing and guess what.. GREAT ROUND.    I will never use cash for those again... I thought the people who told me that were kidding.  they weren't.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 15

[SIMP]
Members
1,434 posts

Ain't no tin foil hat.

I've had exactly the same thing happen to me. It's so obvious.

You really need to start hiding your coding better WG. (Or hey, how's this for a thought... DON'T RUN THIS CHEAT CRAP ON BOTS. People really like to have a level playing field and not get handicapped for running 'bonus' items YOU yourselves put in the game.)

Edited by capncrunch21
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

[GOB]
Members
1,627 posts
8 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Keep on wearing the tinfoil hat.

there are very few here but I notice you are one of the only really childish trolls that seem to always be here.  isn't the game keeping your attention?   Seriously , what do people like you get out of it?  Nevermind...we know.  So nice to have the Ignore option...CHECK

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 5

[O7]
Members
2,004 posts
16,368 battles

This sounds like confirmation bias to me.. Being a position to get mauled by 6 bots sounds more like lack of awareness and fatal errors in how you handled the ship coming out from behind cover. Im no fan of the way WG does things most of the time but this sounds like a conspiracy youve convinced yourselves of more than anything.

• Cool 15
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,617 posts
19,321 battles
27 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

A while back I asked about opting out of maps ( I hate one of them )   and it was because i didn't like using expensive camo and signals on rounds that last 3 minutes or are set up where you MAY get one kill tops.  Well One of the guys said " Bots key on signals"    I now know it is  true.  I played pretty sparse , with just perma camos and low grade signal or two. Played ALL evening getting 1 to 3 kills a round.. on fire having a great time.  Was feeling good so i put a PREMIUM signal up to help me finish this task and I lasted LESS THAN 60 SECONDS!  Ok so I think that was a fluke..try again.. CRAP it's epicenter ( the one I hate ) I get all of 650 damage ( all night MINIMUM of 70 to 100K  )  I look up two DDs have me sandwiched in a 16 torp gangbang!!  so I try ONE MORE TIME.  I really suit up and take my CL out.  I go right...gonna set up a nice crossfire, I come around the corner SIX SHIPS WAITING POOF gone in a hail of fire smoke no good..couldn't run , every hit was massive damage.. crap, even the SEAGULLS took a bite out of my [edited]..  Now I didn't in ANY way change the way I play but went back in with nothing and guess what.. GREAT ROUND.    I will never use cash for those again... I thought the people who told me that were kidding.  they weren't.

My CB ships, like Gearing go fully kitted out, even in coop....

(I really love the attention)

[NSEW]
Members
1,725 posts
10,368 battles

I haven't played Coop in a while. But from my experience in Randoms. Whenever I use special signals with Type 59, or Frosty Fir Tree, I get an awesome MM (sarcasm) with good players on their side and we get few. Could be tin foil or whatever, but it just so happens at an alarming frequency. I am more afraid of the Hydra signal than Ouroboros. 

• Cool 1

[SOUP]
Modder, Supertester
8,723 posts
45 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Well One of the guys said "_______"    I now know it is  true.

This sums up a lot of the problems with this and the past few generations...

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
12,004 battles
51 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

A while back I asked about opting out of maps ( I hate one of them )   and it was because i didn't like using expensive camo and signals on rounds that last 3 minutes or are set up where you MAY get one kill tops.  Well One of the guys said " Bots key on signals"    I now know it is  true.  I played pretty sparse , with just perma camos and low grade signal or two. Played ALL evening getting 1 to 3 kills a round.. on fire having a great time.  Was feeling good so i put a PREMIUM signal up to help me finish this task and I lasted LESS THAN 60 SECONDS!  Ok so I think that was a fluke..try again.. CRAP it's epicenter ( the one I hate ) I get all of 650 damage ( all night MINIMUM of 70 to 100K  )  I look up two DDs have me sandwiched in a 16 torp gangbang!!  so I try ONE MORE TIME.  I really suit up and take my CL out.  I go right...gonna set up a nice crossfire, I come around the corner SIX SHIPS WAITING POOF gone in a hail of fire smoke no good..couldn't run , every hit was massive damage.. crap, even the SEAGULLS took a bite out of my [edited]..  Now I didn't in ANY way change the way I play but went back in with nothing and guess what.. GREAT ROUND.    I will never use cash for those again... I thought the people who told me that were kidding.  they weren't.

38 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

Ain't no tin foil hat.

I've had exactly the same thing happen to me. It's so obvious.

You really need to start hiding your coding better WG. (Or hey, how's this for a thought... DON'T RUN THIS CHEAT CRAP ON BOTS. People really like to have a level playing field and not get handicapped for running 'bonus' items YOU yourselves put in the game.)

Which ever T8+ that I am grinding that I think will benefit from a few of my hundreds of signals and have no trouble with being focused that wasn't my own fault. :Smile_sceptic: Maybe if you encouraged the bots? :Smile_teethhappy:

Otherwise...

4 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

This sums up a lot of the problems with this and the past few generations...

Yep. That sure sums it up. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

Members
9,126 posts
10,596 battles

I run full specials in co-op often, it has never changed a thing: I mow down the bots while the bots mow down my teams. Signals make zero difference on whether the bots key on you. The bots are set to key on DDs first, then they'll switch to the lowest hp ship and even ignore a DD to do it.

• Cool 3

[_EASY]
Members
276 posts
12,240 battles

I use all 5 economic flags in each coop game I play until I collect all three crates and complete both daily missions. I then remove the flag until the next day.

In over 4,000 coop games I have noticed no change in bot behavior whether I use signals or not.

• Cool 1

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles

I honestly wonder whats in the AIs rations sometimes... ive seen all 8 ships go down the crack in two brothers... ive seen all 8 go to A1 after a lone tirpitz... if its signals doing it, id be fascinated to see some hard data to back it up... maybe @Lert has a month of free time with nothing better to do? 

[NGA]
Members
1,969 posts
10,512 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

This explains why I thought I saw my boss eating a cricket. Either that or it was a really bizarre dream. Pretty sure I saw Cersei Lannister's head on a dragon come to think of it.

• Funny 1

[_RNG_]
Members
290 posts
14,758 battles

You are complaining about co-op?  Be a man, dress your ship up, select randoms, and try hard.  Really?  Co-op?  Your using premium signals in co-op?  Since your throwing $ out the window to begin with, why do you mind?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 10

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
12,004 battles
44 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

This explains why I thought I saw my boss eating a cricket. Either that or it was a really bizarre dream. Pretty sure I saw Cersei Lannister's head on a dragon come to think of it.

:Smile_teethhappy:

37 minutes ago, Problematic_ said:

You are complaining about co-op?  Be a man, dress your ship up, select randoms, and try hard.  Really?  Co-op?  Your using premium signals in co-op?  Since your throwing $ out the window to begin with, why do you mind?

:Smile_smile:

[ARGSY]
Members
18,276 posts
12,699 battles
5 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Was feeling good so i put a PREMIUM signal up to help me finish this task

Pray tell what is this premium signal you used? Because I don't think your story holds together.

[BNKR]
Members
564 posts
3,608 battles

If you are dying within 2 minutes, that is you going YOLO and/or still needing to learn how to play. Any signals you have (and how you acquired them) is irrelevant. 

Edited by MajorEnglush
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
11,261 posts
21,667 battles

Ummm??? This is a new one to me and I have 12.5K+ Co-op games. :Smile_amazed:

I run camo's (either one time use or perma) every game and flags most games (T7+ tech tree get flags every time - I don't always use them on premiums). I have never felt because I run signals I was focused more by the bots. Only time I can say that really does happen is when you play a DD. Bots are obsessed with DD's and will go for them like a dog goes for a bone.  

Actually have had countless games where I will go to a cap alone or with another ship and only have 1 or 2 bots show up to fight. Have had countless times where I am ignored by the bots even when right in the middle of them.

I don't put anything past WG but this one even stretches my limits of believing a conspiracy theory on them.

2 hours ago, Problematic_ said:

Attitudes like this are why so many play Co-op over PVP.

Playing PVP doesn't make you a man or a better customer for WG.

Why do YOU mind where other's play or choose to use their resources?

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 16

[TDRB]
Members
4,428 posts
12,571 battles
5 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

A while back I asked about opting out of maps ( I hate one of them )   and it was because i didn't like using expensive camo and signals on rounds that last 3 minutes or are set up where you MAY get one kill tops.  Well One of the guys said " Bots key on signals"    I now know it is  true.  I played pretty sparse , with just perma camos and low grade signal or two. Played ALL evening getting 1 to 3 kills a round.. on fire having a great time.  Was feeling good so i put a PREMIUM signal up to help me finish this task and I lasted LESS THAN 60 SECONDS!  Ok so I think that was a fluke..try again.. CRAP it's epicenter ( the one I hate ) I get all of 650 damage ( all night MINIMUM of 70 to 100K  )  I look up two DDs have me sandwiched in a 16 torp [edited]!!  so I try ONE MORE TIME.  I really suit up and take my CL out.  I go right...gonna set up a nice crossfire, I come around the corner SIX SHIPS WAITING POOF gone in a hail of fire smoke no good..couldn't run , every hit was massive damage.. crap, even the SEAGULLS took a bite out of my [edited]..  Now I didn't in ANY way change the way I play but went back in with nothing and guess what.. GREAT ROUND.    I will never use cash for those again... I thought the people who told me that were kidding.  they weren't.

Based on my experience I disagree.

In over 4,000 coop games I have noticed no change in bot behavior whether I use signals or not.

I have over 2,600 coop games & getting the same results.

2 hours ago, Problematic_ said:

Manhood based on which game mode you play, get real

• Cool 4

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,361 posts

I actually have seen it said the color of your socks has a much larger impact on your game play. Nekked feet is just standard, randomness, so go with nekked feet for the most even shot at RNG. 

You want some solid advantages against the bots? Get a pair of these socks..

giphy.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
8,592 posts
6,989 battles
5 hours ago, Kebobstuzov said:

This sounds like confirmation bias to me.. Being a position to get mauled by 6 bots sounds more like lack of awareness and fatal errors in how you handled the ship coming out from behind cover. Im no fan of the way WG does things most of the time but this sounds like a conspiracy youve convinced yourselves of more than anything.

Getting targeted by 3/4 of the bots means you have made a poor choice or two.

I am speaking from experience.

• Funny 2

[TDRB]
Members
4,428 posts
12,571 battles

Only time I can say that really does happen is when you play a DD. Bots are obsessed with DD's and will go for them like a dog goes for a bone.  

On a good day you can sink 4 or more bots too. Came close to 6 kills shells beat my torpedoes to the target.

[INTEL]
Members
2,783 posts
15,300 battles
6 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

A while back I asked about opting out of maps ( I hate one of them )   and it was because i didn't like using expensive camo and signals on rounds that last 3 minutes or are set up where you MAY get one kill tops.  Well One of the guys said " Bots key on signals"    I now know it is  true. 

That could have been me.  But what I said was, "I look for signals and I go after those whales."  And I was referring to Randoms.