You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Flavius_Julius_1

In Game Announcer

10 comments in this topic

Members
58 posts
4,290 battles

So can the timeliness of the in game announcer be improved upon so he doesn't say "the enemy team has taken the lead" after they've taken a solid three hundred point lead? Or maybe even just be taken out of the game entirely? I think the average player is smart enough to know who has what caps and how many points each team has lol.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,919 posts
5,814 battles

Your team was crushed and roflstomped. Your low health DD is the only one left. A Cleveland, Daring, Missouri, Seattle, and radar Meme-otaur are closing on your position.

>>>"THE ENEMY IS ABOUT TO WIN!!!"<<<

Thanks ingame announcer. I sure didn't know that.:cap_like:

• Funny 3

[AOD_D]
Supertester
219 posts
6,614 battles
36 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Your team has crushed and roflstomped. Your low health DD is the only one left. A Cleveland, Daring, Missouri, Seattle, and radar Meme-otaur are closing on your position.

So much this. Pretty much every game without fail, kind of hilarious in my opinion.

I assume it is based on game status at a certain time, dont know for sure though.

Members
58 posts
4,290 battles
1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Your team has crushed and roflstomped. Your low health DD is the only one left. A Cleveland, Daring, Missouri, Seattle, and radar Meme-otaur are closing on your position.

I laughed way to hard at this only because it is true [edited].

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,149 posts
13,985 battles

Or, after the tide may have turned and your team has taken the lead. The in game announcer says "the enemy team has taken the lead". That always gets a smile.

[LEGIT]
Members
2,210 posts
30,233 battles

My favorite is "Victory is in sight" when you have a slight point lead, and you're down to your last 2 or 3 ships with low health, and they're about to get blasted.

• Funny 2

[WOLF6]
Members
389 posts
3,231 battles
5 hours ago, Flavius_Julius_1 said:

I think the average player is smart enough to know who has what caps and how many points each team has lol.

Based on my experience, the average player has no idea how games are won or lost, which team is ahead at any given point, or what the point totals mean (if they even see them).

• Cool 1

[NSEW]
Members
1,710 posts
10,351 battles
7 hours ago, Flavius_Julius_1 said:

So can the timeliness of the in game announcer be improved upon so he doesn't say "the enemy team has taken the lead" after they've taken a solid three hundred point lead? Or maybe even just be taken out of the game entirely? I think the average player is smart enough to know who has what caps and how many points each team has lol.

You'd be surprised to find that there are those that have tunnel vision 2.0 designer shades, with Noise announcer cancelling ear buds/headset users.

[FTH]
Members
1,001 posts
15,222 battles

The entertaining ones are when you've got all 3 caps, ahead 200 points and up 2 ships and hear "THE ENEMY IS ABOUT TO WIN"...