Aardvar

Matchupinfluencer bots?

8 comments in this topic

[D-DAY]
[D-DAY]
Members
114 posts
37,167 battles

Played a Co-op and had a three ship Division, all pink, and all with the name matchupinfluencer_## with the ## being different numbers.  They played like bots, not humans IMO.  Checked the Contacts and found numerous "players"with that name but with different ending numbers.  Checked #10 and "it" had Zero random games and 9 Co-ops, playing multiple ships.  Has anybody else encountered these "players"?  Might WG be testing a new means of determining tier alignments?  Or might some enterprising gremlin be attempting to sabotage WG's work?

[PVE]
Members
19,833 posts
11,995 battles
21 minutes ago, Aardvar said:

Played a Co-op and had a three ship Division, all pink, and all with the name matchupinfluencer_## with the ## being different numbers.  They played like bots, not humans IMO.  Checked the Contacts and found numerous "players"with that name but with different ending numbers.  Checked #10 and "it" had Zero random games and 9 Co-ops, playing multiple ships.  Has anybody else encountered these "players"?  Might WG be testing a new means of determining tier alignments?  Or might some enterprising gremlin be attempting to sabotage WG's work?

Nope, have not seen them. One of the museum ships has some computers with special account for visitors to try. Some people really rage as the accounts have high tier ships but are almost always played by Jon Snows.

Members
1,933 posts
8,894 battles
2 hours ago, Aardvar said:

Submit the recording.

[_EASY]
Members
276 posts
12,185 battles

Capture.thumb.PNG.7170e4e9d222b15b719041cc5333e96a.PNG

Saw them earlier today in a coop battle.  They were in one div, but they were not pink yet.  At the end of the battle they had made no contribution and were the bottom 3 in score.

I reported all 3.

Edited by MWSVette1

[PVE]
Members
11,175 posts
21,460 battles
13 hours ago, Aardvar said:

Hey Aardvar. Nice to see you on the forums vs just in game. :Smile_honoring:

No, I can't say I have seen those names. 

Will keep an eye out.

Members
72 posts
1,148 battles

Seeing a name like that where are a bunch of them with a number behind it reminds me of someone who might be a multi-boxer like you sometimes see in MMOs like Warcraft (I have no idea if WG allows multi-boxing) or it's a bunch of bots. I'd wager on them being bots.