You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
commando_brian

What happened to the Viribus Unitis and Leone?

18 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
427 posts
16,907 battles

I was looking forward to these ships , I haven't seen any CCs testing them in a while so I imagine they're done.

Anyone know of any  major Austro-Hungarian or Italian events, holidays, anniversaries coming up that might trigger a ship release?

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles

you can expect a WG employee to say "soon" ,"they are coming", "very soon, "we have plans","we seriously didnt postpone them" and "SOON".

TLDR

no one knows except WG,and they can't tell us because upcoming ships are russian secrets that if leaked,can trigger ww3.

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors
938 posts
11,629 battles

Christmas is an old roman event, taken by the Christian church and relabelled, can we classify that as an Italian event for release?? :cap_rambo:

In all honesty though, id love to see the Leone and the Unitis in time. I don't mind if they take longer, as long as they are released at the right tier and not UP or OP.

• Funny 1

Members
1,438 posts
8,824 battles

I think a lot of WG's timetable got disrupted when the CV rework didn't go as smoothly as they'd hoped.

• Cool 4

[KWF]
Members
3,992 posts
6,119 battles

Don't forget the Yahagi as well.

As @Vaidency said, the CV rework pushed some things back. In addition, there is the possibility that due to the Azur Lane collaboration, WG is prioritising these ships, namely Montpelier and Yukikaze.

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Modder
723 posts
3,794 battles

I have a feeling, since back when I tested her, that Viribus Unitis will be some sort of event-ship. No facts, just a hunch. Also I think Wargaming likes to have a pool of ships that may be ready to be released in case one release doesn't make it f.ex., or for summer when devs and such may take a vacation and various other reasons. You can never go wrong with 'Soon[tm]'.

• Cool 1

Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
12 minutes ago, Krautjaeger said:

I have a feeling, since back when I tested her, that Viribus Unitis will be some sort of event-ship. No facts, just a hunch. Also I think Wargaming likes to have a pool of ships that may be ready to be released in case one release doesn't make it f.ex., or for summer when devs and such may take a vacation and various other reasons. You can never go wrong with 'Soon[tm]'.

This makes sense to me, good post thanks.

[HINON]
Members
12,788 posts
54 minutes ago, commando_brian said:

What happened to the Viribus Unitis and Leone?

Here's what happened to Viribus Unitis

Sx3TgNg.png

No pictures that I know of Leone's fate but apparently she ran aground and was scuttled by her sisters.

• Cool 2

[POP]
Members
2,675 posts
21,138 battles
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Here's what happened to Viribus Unitis

Sx3TgNg.png

No pictures that I know of Leone's fate but apparently she ran aground and was scuttled by her sisters.

Nice pic plus 1

Edited by tm63au

[WMD]
Members
1,364 posts
9,041 battles

WG will take a long time balancing them before release because they know they can't nerf them after release.... expect waiting to be the norm(kinda already was). 

[SUCIT]
Members
990 posts
17,510 battles

Seeing VU is T5, she might be a free ship for an event, or go to the armory for coal, possibly replacing October Revolution. Leone looks pretty meh, (as it seems to be the Italian flavor save for Cesare), so she might be an event ship. Some mentioned about Yahagi, she could be an armory ship for coal, replacing Yubari, seeing they share the same characteristics (bad to meh guns, great torps but bad firing angles on said torps), and would freshen up the armory, seeing the most recent addition has been Charleston, a T3 that may not be useful for most people save for occasional seal clubbing.

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
960 posts
8,733 battles

I'm wondering where the Leone is now.. It's been a while. I can't even find recent videos of it on youtube..

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
3 hours ago, pastore123 said:

I'm wondering where the Leone is now.. It's been a while. I can't even find recent videos of it on youtube..

Increasingly these low tiers are being given away for free as part of promotions/campaigns (while also sold) so it's possible it's on hold for the next one. It was a tough ship to balance given it's volume of fire for a T6 (but bad arcs) but even assuming it is finished, the delay is likely party to waiting for a thematically sound event to offer it as a freebee.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,102 posts
12,562 battles
On 4/10/2019 at 11:26 PM, tfcas119 said:

Charleston, a T3 that may not be useful for most people save for occasional seal clubbing.

It's useful for potentially being a free-to-play newbie's first coal ship. If they're playing down in those tiers anyway it isn't seal-clubbing, and they get to experience the benefits of premiums and learn how to retrain captains at a basic level. The fact that it's a St Louis in all important respects means there's an easy transition out of the Chester into T3, and then up into T4 and maybe even T5. Once you get to the T5-6 jump, you're so used to the benefits of a premium ship that you start looking for a discount Marblehead, and that's a gateway drug to an Atlanta, Wichita, Montpelier or Indianapolis (though in this day and age I would probably consider the Wichita over the Indy if I didn't yet have either).

Members
2,659 posts
93 battles
On 4/11/2019 at 5:20 AM, commando_brian said:

I was looking forward to these ships , I haven't seen any CCs testing them in a while so I imagine they're done.

Anyone know of any  major Austro-Hungarian or Italian events, holidays, anniversaries coming up that might trigger a ship release?

They're in Development Hell.

[ARRSE]
Members
175 posts
1,392 battles

I expect these ships are being held back until the Russian event is squeezed dry.

Then we'll get:

- yet another in-game currency

- yet another event for a freemium where its not possible to win enough of the new currency to actually get the freemium for free

- yet another set of premium loot boxes at $5+ each that contain the missing currency

- yet another $$$ shop bundle that gives you the new premium and a set of missions

- etc

• Funny 1

[SFOR]
Beta Testers
416 posts
9,188 battles

I wonder if WG, seeing the success of the Azure Lane collaborations is trying something similar with these ships? Imagine a "Sunny Leone" in your port, custom skin option could be interesting!