Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

Give Georgia 2-3 front arrangement?

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,025
[-ARP-]
Members
815 posts
16,092 battles

Possible to have 2-3 front arrangement? Or did US only research a twin turret?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,322
[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,079 posts
4,389 battles
29 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Possible to have 2-3 front arrangement? Or did US only research a twin turret?

 

 

Georgia is almost entirely made up. Not much fmresearch to worry about at all. 

 

It's not ideal, but I'd rather have something different than the normal 3x3. It has already received numerous buffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,007
[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
2,915 posts
7,321 battles

The USN already knew how to make a triple 18-inch gun turret. Like everything in life, it was about cost justification. The USN could have literally replaced every battleship ship in the fleet with an Iowa class battleship, but it all comes down to the money, utility, ect. The Washington and London naval treaties crippled physical construction, but navies still did research and design planning with realistic engineering applied to such designs in case it was needed to break the treaty and build outside its limitations. Nations like Germany and Japan built some of those designs, while other navies just kept conceptualizing such things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,202
[HINON]
Members
12,804 posts
3 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Possible to have 2-3 front arrangement? Or did US only research a twin turret?

It wouldn't likely fit in the Iowa hull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,321
[WOLFB]
Members
3,372 posts
14,030 battles

Well having Graf Spee dispersion on 6 457mm gun that basically overmatch everything <32mm isn't too bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,585
[WOLF3]
Members
25,161 posts
22,173 battles
49 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Well having Graf Spee dispersion on 6 457mm gun that basically overmatch everything <32mm isn't too bad

When I watched these guns in action in NoZoup and Notser videos, for the rifle count she had, it looked pretty awful to me.  And I will also say, Graf Spee doesn't impress me as a threat, either.  IMO her torpedoes are her best weapons, not those guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
282
[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
795 posts
2,039 battles
6 hours ago, _1204_ said:

Georgia is almost entirely made up. Not much fmresearch to worry about at all. 

 

"Almost entirely" except for the fact that the hull design did exist and the designs for a twin 18-inch (and triple 18-inch) turret did also exist. The only part of Georgia that didnt exist was the combination of the hull design and the twin 18-inch turrets.

 

2 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Well having Graf Spee dispersion on 6 457mm gun that basically overmatch everything <32mm isn't too bad

Its pretty lacklustre actually. (Speaking from experience in the ship). The 30mm threshold that the 457's give you is not all that much of a thing really. If georgia could overmatch 32mm plating like Yamato and Musashi, then it would be interesting... and probably worth having the 6 guns wit that dispersion. Id really like ot see them test a 3x3 version with the same sigma and dispersion stats as the current version, even thouogh the hull technically couldnt mount them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,585
[WOLF3]
Members
25,161 posts
22,173 battles
10 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Your mileage may vary

Results not typical

 

What's so special about that?  Other Tier IX BBs do the same to a broadside Cruiser even at that range.  Izumo will do the same.

You can do the same with the 16"/50 guns on Iowa-class and still have great accuracy and better volume of fire.  Izumo has almost as much penetration with her 410mm AP as Musashi does with her 460mm AP.  Both have 9 guns and are pretty accurate.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,714 posts
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

What's so special about that?  Other Tier IX BBs do the same to a broadside Cruiser even at that range.  Izumo will do the same.

You can do the same with the 16"/50 guns on Iowa-class and still have great accuracy and better volume of fire.  Izumo has almost as much penetration with her 410mm AP as Musashi does with her 460mm AP.  Both have 9 guns and are pretty accurate.

What was special about it is how atypical it was. That's why I put the 2 warnings above the video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,585
[WOLF3]
Members
25,161 posts
22,173 battles

Regardless how anyone feels, GA is getting her reload reduced from 30 seconds to 26.

Personally I'd prefer more precision but we'll see how this shakes up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
601 posts
7,214 battles
9 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Regardless how anyone feels, GA is getting her reload reduced from 30 seconds to 26.

Personally I'd prefer more precision but we'll see how this shakes up.

In all reality it need the better sigma as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,716
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,533 posts
12,810 battles
23 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Possible to have 2-3 front arrangement? Or did US only research a twin turret?

 

 

Georgia is a design study.  The original design was 3 triple 16"/45 like the NorCal has.  That ship couldnt take an 18 inch gun in triple turrets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,423
[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,614 posts
4,602 battles
16 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

"Almost entirely" except for the fact that the hull design did exist and the designs for a twin 18-inch (and triple 18-inch) turret did also exist. The only part of Georgia that didnt exist was the combination of the hull design and the twin 18-inch turrets.

^^ This.

I suspect that a triple 18 in. turret and magazines would be too wide for the Iowa hull, too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,025
[-ARP-]
Members
815 posts
16,092 battles
On 4/11/2019 at 2:35 AM, CaptainTeddybear said:

Your mileage may vary

Results not typical

 

The rest of that match he got terrible results. The clip is meant to be a meme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×