Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MS406france1940

Just a Little Story I found

2 comments in this topic

Members
293 posts
742 battles

One of the things I waste to much time doing is searching random ship names and see what comes up, most times is nothing, others times is something that I already know, and then there are things like this. 

The following comes from the web page Pearl Harbor Visitors Bureau and related to one of the lesser known ships present that day, the USS Utah AG-16. Here is the full quote but you can find the rest of the article here:  https://visitpearlharbor.org/facts-uss-utah-bb-31/

"

"Baby Nancy

Nancy Lynne Wagner may have had nothing to do with the attack on Pearl Harbor, but for over 70 years, her remains have been entombed within the vessel. Serving aboard the Utah was Chief Yeoman Albert Wagner, who prior to the attack had suffered the loss of a baby girl at birth. Nancy died before she had the chance to live her life and to honor his girl, Wagner intended to scatter her ashes at sea when the Utah left the harbor, but the attack took that opportunity away from him.

Though Wagner survived the Utah’s destruction, he never returned for his daughter, instead choosing to allow the urn to remain in his locker. Though it wasn’t the beautiful Pacific, she was in a place that her father had appreciated and served courageously."

USS Utah in her final configuration, August 1941

USS_Utah_%28AG-16%29_being_painted_at_Puget_Sound_1941.jpg

• Cool 6

Sign in to follow this