Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
StoptheViolins

So crates Friday?

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

226
[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Modder
726 posts
3,808 battles
Just now, StoptheViolins said:

I figured they would drop today so folks could do the ship specific missions for directive 3.  So Friday then.

I feel like a junkie, roaming around trying to find my fix. I jumped out of bed today thinking this was the day and now I'm sitting here dazed and confused again. :Smile_teethhappy: Hoping for tomorrow, but yeah Friday may also be a candidate...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,492
[ARGSY]
Members
18,277 posts
12,709 battles
4 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

I figured they would drop today so folks could do the ship specific missions for directive 3.  So Friday then.

You seem eager to equate crates with premium carriers. Too eager. You're setting yourself up for disappointment.

If you want to guarantee yourself a premium carrier, spend the extra and buy the one you particularly want when they're released.

Until then, work on the other directives and consider yourself fortunate if you get a premium CV and are able to bypass one of the cash grinds. It's a million credits a night until the next directive opens; it really isn't that hard.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
302
[ALL41]
Members
510 posts
12,652 battles
6 minutes ago, Krautjaeger said:

I feel like a junkie, roaming around trying to find my fix. I jumped out of bed today thinking this was the day and now I'm sitting here dazed and confused again. :Smile_teethhappy: Hoping for tomorrow, but yeah Friday may also be a candidate...

I'm picturing that old Mervyn's department store commercial with the lady standing at their front doors in the morning, "Open, open, open!!!"    :cap_haloween:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,550
[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
12,005 battles
4 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

I figured they would drop today so folks could do the ship specific missions for directive 3.  So Friday then.

Maybe, which means that it could or could not be true, they are waiting until later for the premium containers as many people already have at least one premium CV. Although WG giving up sales for the last week and a half is puzzling.

 

Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You seem eager to equate crates with premium carriers. Too eager. You're setting yourself up for disappointment.

If you want to guarantee yourself a premium carrier, spend the extra and buy the one you particularly want when they're released.

Until then, work on the other directives and consider yourself fortunate if you get a premium CV and are able to bypass one of the cash grinds. It's a million credits a night until the next directive opens; it really isn't that hard.

Also this as the premium CVs in crates will be rare drops. If you don't care about the other stuff in the crates, just wait for the CVs to go on sale.

 

ONLY buy the crates if you will be happy with 20 Sci-Fi camos for the money. Or 20 Draconic flags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
859
[INTEL]
Members
2,783 posts
15,307 battles

I'm thinking it's this week because of ship requirements and the Space Battles XP and Credit grind.  Crates bring the possibility of ships and the certainty of special signals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44
[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
198 posts
8,819 battles
1 minute ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

Socrates?

Is it bad this was my first thought as well?

Abbye

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,492
[ARGSY]
Members
18,277 posts
12,709 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

ONLY buy the crates if you will be happy with 20 Sci-Fi camos for the money. Or 20 Draconic flags.

Or twelve and a half thousand coal. 

 

1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

they are waiting until later for the premium containers as many people already have at least one premium CV.

This. But I don't have a Boise/NDJ for the ones we have had so far, so for the first time in a while I've been locked out of the shortcut missions. I can deal. People without a premium CV (which I also lack) will just have to do the same.

In addition, Indomitable was still undergoing some last-minute tweaks (dev blog states that her rocket fighters were given the RP's that Audacious uses). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
543
[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,704 posts
4,097 battles
11 minutes ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

Socrates?

image.png.68a523cb3930c97391882c901082c30b.png

Saw that in my head also.

Let's get philosophical about Warships... Socrates Fridays!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4 posts
5,036 battles

What bothers me is they've been really silent on what they are planning for the prem containers or the CVs 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[-TDH-]
Members
50 posts
9,169 battles
11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Or twelve and a half thousand coal. 

 

This. But I don't have a Boise/NDJ for the ones we have had so far, so for the first time in a while I've been locked out of the shortcut missions. I can deal. People without a premium CV (which I also lack) will just have to do the same.

In addition, Indomitable was still undergoing some last-minute tweaks (dev blog states that her rocket fighters were given the RP's that Audacious uses). 

Indomitable was held back and isnt part of this wave of carrier releases. So that isnt holding things up.

Its pretty dumb to have a mission going for ships that havent been for sale in forever. Boise and ndj are available, even for rent, you chose not to get one, and that is fine. Premium cvs are not and have not been available to anyone(unless rnjesus blessed you with one of the 4 previous containers) for a very long time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,550
[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
12,005 battles
52 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Or twelve and a half thousand coal. 

 

This. But I don't have a Boise/NDJ for the ones we have had so far, so for the first time in a while I've been locked out of the shortcut missions. I can deal. People without a premium CV (which I also lack) will just have to do the same.

In addition, Indomitable was still undergoing some last-minute tweaks (dev blog states that her rocket fighters were given the RP's that Audacious uses). 

A super container is 15,000 coal, so I wonder how common it will be to get the 12,500 coal. Which BTW is the cost of a special upgrade with a coupon.

 

40 minutes ago, Saber144 said:

What bothers me is they've been really silent on what they are planning for the prem containers or the CVs 

There are 8 10 regular containers in the 4 Directives. There's at least one, probably two, regular containers in the Daily Shipments that starts April 12th.

 

According to the patch notes the premium containers will contain ONE of the following:

20 Sci-fi camos or,

20 of one type of Draconic flag or,

12,500 coal or,

A rare drop of a premium CV, Kaga, Saipan, Enterprise or Graf Zeppelin. You will get Doubloons for duplicates, so no guarantee of a CV you don't own.

 

 

Edited by Kizarvexis
Forgot about the two in Missions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,492
[ARGSY]
Members
18,277 posts
12,709 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

A super container is 15,000 coal, so I wonder how common it will be to get the 12,500 coal.

Given the experience of a CC in another thread (1 coal drop in 15 crates), probably not very. 

1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

There are 8 regular containers in the 4 Directives. There's at least one, probably two, regular containers in the Daily Shipments that starts April 12th.

There's also one in the 10 million credit grind in this directive. Chances are some people will go for that; others will finish it off during their play for Directive 4.

6 minutes ago, Endo_Mofo said:

Boise and ndj are available, even for rent, you chose not to get one, and that is fine. Premium cvs are not and have not been available to anyone(unless rnjesus blessed you with one of the 4 previous containers) for a very long time. 

Neither has ever been available to the FTP crowd, IIRC, unless they got lucky in a supercontainer. What I'm trying to make clear is that I'm in exactly the same boat as everyone else who hasn't got a premium carrier, and I don't have a problem with that. I'm beginning to think that WG put these missions in specifically to spit in the faces of people who sold their premium CVs back in a fit of rage that their God status gameplay mode had changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,550
[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
12,005 battles
23 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Given the experience of a CC in another thread (1 coal drop in 15 crates), probably not very. 

There's also one in the 10 million credit grind in this directive. Chances are some people will go for that; others will finish it off during their play for Directive 4.

Neither has ever been available to the FTP crowd, IIRC, unless they got lucky in a supercontainer. What I'm trying to make clear is that I'm in exactly the same boat as everyone else who hasn't got a premium carrier, and I don't have a problem with that. I'm beginning to think that WG put these missions in specifically to spit in the faces of people who sold their premium CVs back in a fit of rage that their God status gameplay mode had changed.

Yeah, there is a regular container in a Mission in the 4th Directive, so 10 total in the Directives. I forgot about those two. So 11-12 free. There's a regular container for Top 10% in HoF and a premium for Top 5%. HoF starts next Wed with Directive IV as soon as a person completes it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,492
[ARGSY]
Members
18,277 posts
12,709 battles
5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

HoF starts next Wed with Directive IV as soon as a person completes it.

Given the ability of better men than I to routinely turn in 1500-2000 base XP games without breaking a sweat, that's not going to take very long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,567
[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,628 battles
1 hour ago, HauptmannHope said:

Its evident we need some government intervention to protect these junkies 

Interestingly, on Monday it was announced that the FTC is going to further investigate loot boxes in online gaming …

as well as the consumer protection issues regarding privacy and marketing to minors - a trend you see in Europe

Notably, the share price of several gaming companies dropped on the news 

 

Maybe WG had an idea this was coming or has taken a sudden interest in current events :)

Edited by Commander_367
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×