You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Skuggsja

Air Supply Container Opening

29 comments in this topic

[5D2]
Supertester
2,309 posts
22,621 battles

So.... thinking Im not going to be spending this money after all, I dont want to end up with the same luck as this CC.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors
939 posts
11,688 battles

Lol, that was one of the worst container openings ever. Tbh other then the CV missions that would be the sole reason to go for it. The camos and signals would be nice, but not really worth the investment. Not more coal either.

[PVE]
Members
11,245 posts
21,571 battles
9 minutes ago, _greifer said:

Lol, that was one of the worst container openings ever. Tbh other then the CV missions that would be the sole reason to go for it. The camos and signals would be nice, but not really worth the investment. Not more coal either.

Except we don't know the cost of the containers yet. That was actually a decent haul of very useful items IF the price is reasonable. If 15 containers cost $50 it's a rip off but if the price is low (doubt it but always possible) then that would have been great. We need the costs to put the items into proper perspective.

The camo is actually decent at least, 20 Dragon flags is great, and 12,500 Coal is great too. Don't buy the crates looking for the CV's. So if the price is fair the crates will be a good deal. If WG decides to go nuts as they have recently on the price then they aren't worth it. The content itself however in those crates was very good.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Members
182 posts
717 battles

I'm quite the opposite with the containers. Won three containers yesterday, got some great stuff. 

Spoiler

shot-19_04.09_06_22.30-0573.thumb.jpg.1c5c8512b9cad57540b1166490b80701.jpgshot-19_04.09_06_23.21-0649.thumb.jpg.e1b4b720f8c61382b4a81f654a078b38.jpg

• Cool 1

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
373 posts
9,467 battles

Have plenty of signals and camo. Don't play CVs. I guess I will keep my wallet closed this month

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,197 posts
12,673 battles
13 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

The content itself however in those crates was very good.

It was indeed, the critical thing being (as you have mentioned) the offered price.

The difficulty will lie in assessing the doubloon value of the camos and flags, although you can always go to the inventory, double the offered sale price in credits and convert that to doubloons at the going rate (1500:1, IIRC).

It was very clear that the CC in question was expecting at least one ship as a foregone conclusion.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,632 posts
14,427 battles

That has to be the most boring video I've tried to watch in a long time ... took over 3 minutes to open the first one?  I gave up watching at 4 minutes.

• Cool 1

Members
770 posts
5,234 battles

Value is in the eye of the beholder. Some of those premium signals can really help you grind out tech tree ships or save free xp for premium ships. Not everyone has tons of coal, so I'd welcome that. BUT...wg really needs to stop with the useless camo. We get SOOOOO much camo these days. They've overloaded containers with camo so much lately that I will never use even a fraction of it. What I end up doing is selling a lot of it. These aren't even nice camos either. When was the last time we got container camo that didn't have a free xp multiplier???  That's cheap! 

• Cool 2

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Modder
723 posts
3,801 battles
22 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Except we don't know the cost of the containers yet. That was actually a decent haul of very useful items IF the price is reasonable. If 15 containers cost $50 it's a rip off but if the price is low (doubt it but always possible) then that would have been great. We need the costs to put the items into proper perspective.

The camo is actually decent at least, 20 Dragon flags is great, and 12,500 Coal is great too. Don't buy the crates looking for the CV's. So if the price is fair the crates will be a good deal. If WG decides to go nuts as they have recently on the price then they aren't worth it. The content itself however in those crates was very good.

My guess, $50-59.99 for 15 and $89-99.99 for 25, or something along those lines. But hey, they might surprise us. Thing is they dish these things out based on doubloon value, so a crate of flags is 1200 doubloons base worth, so is a crate of Sci-Fi camos although not quite sure my guess is the amount of coal is valued +/- the same. 15 crates of these is then 18000 base doubloons worth which is something around $74.50, 25 crates is 30000 base worth which is around $120 and they have some kind of chance to drop a premium CV.

And yeah, these crates are good for people wanting flags, coal and camos, or don't mind getting some camo. If you have a metric f-tonne of all of it then I'd probably not recommend them. Now the next question is... when do they arrive? As I need special flags. :Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
Members
11,245 posts
21,571 battles
6 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Value is in the eye of the beholder. Some of those premium signals can really help you grind out tech tree ships or save free xp for premium ships. Not everyone has tons of coal, so I'd welcome that. BUT...wg really needs to stop with the useless camo. We get SOOOOO much camo these days. They've overloaded containers with camo so much lately that I will never use even a fraction of it. What I end up doing is selling a lot of it. These aren't even nice camos either. When was the last time we got container camo that didn't have a free xp multiplier???  That's cheap! 

That camo is not useless. It is actually pretty decent camo for someone still grinding or even for people like me who are done grinding as they can be used to help finish missions, grind Capt XP, and such quicker. However, I think they give them as the reward too much. Good camo's are fine just not in 75% of the crates.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,062 posts
5,702 battles

HMM..   I have a feeling that's not the advertising that WG would have liked to start this off with?  I've seen some rough openings, but that one is pretty much worse than meh....  

[AAA]
Members
1,728 posts
12,715 battles

I think he got pretty much what I expected...

It would be nice if WG guaranteed you would get at least 1 premium ship (of those advertised) if you purchased a 15 container bundle; but that is the gamble/loot box risk I guess... 

[GREEK]
Members
1,007 posts

I usually buy containers day one.  These will be the first batch I won't be buying since I started this account in August.  I don't trust the drop rate will be high enough to warrant purchase.  I also don't want to buy T8 CV's who are constantly up-tiered and not even as good as the USN non premium CV.

Edited by JonnyFreedom
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,197 posts
12,673 battles
16 minutes ago, JustAdapt said:

It would be nice if WG guaranteed you would get at least 1 premium ship (of those advertised) if you purchased a 15 container bundle;

That would sort of oblige them to fix the crate bundle price at that of the premium ship in order to avoid losing money. You might or might not like that on an ongoing basis.

23 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It is actually pretty decent camo for someone still grinding or even for people like me who are done grinding as they can be used to help finish missions, grind Capt XP, and such quicker.

It's like manna from heaven for ships whose grinds you actually do want to play through, but which you haven't come to love enough to buy permacamo for. Or, as I have found, when WG offers so many winnable permacamos that you're scared to buy any in case you score a freebie for something you already spent doubloons on, LOL. They handed them out like candy in Space Battles last year, but that seems not to be the case this time around.

20 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

I've seen some rough openings, but that one is pretty much worse than meh....  

IIRC Zath also didn't get any ship unlocks either (don't the duplicates give doubloons this time?), but he already had all of them and more doubloons than he knows what to do with, so it didn't matter as much to him.

I can see people with deep enough wallets spamming the F out of these crates for coal and being happy to live with the camos, flags and whatever else turns up. That's not how my spending in this game rolls, but to each their own.

Members
2,258 posts
4,965 battles
1 hour ago, Ayanami_Kai_Ni said:

I'm quite the opposite with the containers. Won three containers yesterday, got some great stuff. 

Hide contents

shot-19_04.09_06_22.30-0573.thumb.jpg.1c5c8512b9cad57540b1166490b80701.jpgshot-19_04.09_06_23.21-0649.thumb.jpg.e1b4b720f8c61382b4a81f654a078b38.jpg

You can kiss it. I hate you

• Funny 2

[NFFS]
Members
170 posts
6,468 battles

Good Morning!

I have also seen several of these Community Contributor openings since they started giving them a set of containers, and have never been impressed.  I will wait and see what happens when they actually get out in the wild.  

Have fun!

[-TDH-]
Members
50 posts
9,153 battles
11 minutes ago, Grey_Paladin said:

Good Morning!

I have also seen several of these Community Contributor openings since they started giving them a set of containers, and have never been impressed.  I will wait and see what happens when they actually get out in the wild.  

Have fun!

I never take the cc container openings without a grain of salt, especially ones that contain ships. They probably already have all or most of the ships, affecting the drop rate.

My main question, where the heck are these containers already, cv fsw directives are here and they are still trying to rent me a boise!

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,758 posts
1 hour ago, Skuggsja said:

So.... thinking Im not going to be spending this money after all, I dont want to end up with the same luck as this CC.

1 hour ago, _greifer said:

49 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

HMM..   I have a feeling that's not the advertising that WG would have liked to start this off with?  I've seen some rough openings, but that one is pretty much worse than meh....  

:Smile_great:Meh  NTY:Smile_facepalm::Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[5D2]
Supertester
2,309 posts
22,621 battles

Value is really subjective in some sense and objective in others. WG will give you items that are equal to the real world value from their shop. However, if all you want or need is the ships, the value may decline subjectively.

I have no need for Camo whatsoever. Coal is nice in big chunks but can be earned at a rate of at least 1600 daily (200 per daily mission completion and 400 per resource crate). The flags are really nice but I really dont need them either. All I want is the Enterprise and maybe Graf Zepplin. Indomitable didnt make into the game yet and Siapan doesnt interest me.

So, to me the crates just dont seem worth it. To each their own though and I hope anyone that picks then up gets what they're looking for.

Edited by Skuggsja

[ARGSY]
Members
18,197 posts
12,673 battles
5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Does he list what he got?

A big bag of coal, three or four various Draconic flag packs and a metric F-ton of SF Space camos. You could tell he was hoping for a premium CV with every crate he opened and IMO he did a very bad job at hiding his disdain for everything else he got.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

A big bag of coal, three or four various Draconic flag packs and a metric F-ton of SF Space camos. You could tell he was hoping for a premium CV with every crate he opened and IMO he did a very bad job at hiding his disdain for everything else he got.

I could use draconic flags and sci-fi camo, but I'm leary of the coal drop rate. One of 15 is not especially great. If the crates are $3, I might get some, but the UK crates in the shop give out 20 Draconic flags and 2 UK DD collection items for $5, so my SWAG is leaning towards $5 for the premium Air Supply containers.