Sign in to follow this  
Rolkatsuki

Selector Destructed anime movie question

3 comments in this topic

[SPTR]
Members
26,448 posts
11,831 battles

Im pondering to watch the movie, Selector Destructed WIXOSS but...

How much of a necessity is it to watch the tv series that came out before it Selector Infected and Selector Spread? 

The movie is complication of the 1st 2 series, but reviews from MAL still made me unsure.

Edited by Rolkatsuki

[INR]
Members
999 posts
3,941 battles

It's not super important, imo, but you'll likely miss out on minor details here and there.

Personally, I prefer the shows to the movie, especially Lostorage.

Members
59 posts
2,447 battles

I've watched both seasons of WIXOSS. The movie will be a condensed version of the 1st season so some of the interpersonal drama may be rushed but the general plot line should still be on track. WIXOSS is less about the card game battles and more about the reasons and the after effects of playing the card game.

If you enjoy the overall atmosphere of the movie, then give the anime series a shot, starting from the 1st season. The 2nd season of WIXOSS stars new characters and plotlines but heavily ties in characters from the 1st season . Not simple cameos, actual tie-ins. I know I was freaking out during that time since I watched the 1st season.

But yeah, have fun. My friend and I were surprised by WIXOSS since we stopped watching card/battle game animes since elementary school.

Edited by MikuMiku
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this