You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Truxtun_35

Battle Pirates Copy

14 comments in this topic

[CLUMP]
Members
92 posts
6,649 battles

Unfortunate that this game is going the down the same road as another sea warfare game did. Lets all fly our ships into outer space lol. Personally I would of preferred they spent more time at developing the basics in here. Oh before any of you "hard core" peeps that been playing for ever say any thing. 42% here & I have seen all you can write. I play & I have fun & yes I do post my thoughts. It is just a Game. Oh I even spend money in here. Now that I have stated all that [edited]. When a warship game has DDs that can sink BB's with their main guns. WOW (world of warships) Never would happen in 1940's. Stuff like that is what I would like to see change. If A DD's guns can hit your ship, any ship in here especially BB's I think that the secondary's should engage the DD & pretty much blow it up. Now that would be real. Or at least all American BBs had Radar by 1943. All of em afloat did. well I am curious to see what peeps think of this one.... Stay tuned tho I'll be posting again. Good luck in the Game & Have Fun. CYA :) :) :) :) 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 6

Members
794 posts
1,707 battles

Winrate/stats should not be shamed... I agree with your conclusions but radar really needs to be on less ships not more. Japenese ships to an extent had radar (very limited). So did German ships. If we followed what actually happened every high tier ship would have radar. (Well most of them at least).

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,643 posts
4,602 battles
7 minutes ago, Truxtun_35 said:

Or at least all American BBs had Radar by 1943.

There's radar and there's radar.  At the Battle of Surigao Strait —in late 1944 — only three of the six USN battleships had effective fire control radar, and only one (West Virginia, I think) was able to hit with regularity.  This was in excellent, albeit night, conditions. 

As for secondaries, I too believe that close-in secondaries are underpowered.  As I'm fond of saying, a DD approaching a USN BB should have the same experience as one approaching an Atlanta with nothing else to do.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,568 posts

It been said a million times but it still applies.

This is a video game, not a historical simulator.  As it is a video game, it must be balanced, or at least close, to be fun.  Every US BB can't have radar and secondaries can't instantly shred DDs.  These things have to have some semblance of balance for the sake of enjoyment.

Real naval war or any military force for that matter, was/is as unbalanced as possible.

• Cool 5

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles
1 hour ago, Truxtun_35 said:

Unfortunate that this game is going the down the same road as another sea warfare game did. Lets all fly our ships into outer space lol. Personally I would of preferred they spent more time at developing the basics in here. Oh before any of you "hard core" peeps that been playing for ever say any thing. 42% here & I have seen all you can write. I play & I have fun & yes I do post my thoughts. It is just a Game. Oh I even spend money in here. Now that I have stated all that [edited]. When a warship game has DDs that can sink BB's with their main guns. WOW (world of warships) Never would happen in 1940's. Stuff like that is what I would like to see change. If A DD's guns can hit your ship, any ship in here especially BB's I think that the secondary's should engage the DD & pretty much blow it up. Now that would be real. Or at least all American BBs had Radar by 1943. All of em afloat did. well I am curious to see what peeps think of this one.... Stay tuned tho I'll be posting again. Good luck in the Game & Have Fun. CYA :) :) :) :) 

take a deep breath and count to 10.

• Boring 1

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,038 posts
7,970 battles
3 hours ago, Truxtun_35 said:

You talk as if this game ever pretended to be a historically accurate one. It is not. Since I started playing in the Open Beta, which was ~3.5 years ago, this game never pretended to be historically accurate with its gameplay.

Instead, this game is balanced around the idea that one BB is somewhat equal to a Cruiser which is somewhat equal to a DD. If it was historical, then the game might as well be renamed World of Battleships. 

Secondary guns are a kind of damage which does not allow a direct player skill input. So making those weapons highly rewarding is a bad game design. 

And as someone above pointed out, radar does not necessarily mean radar. In WW2 every German ship starting 1943-44 that was Torpedoboat sized or larger carried some form of Radar. Doesn‘t mean it was capable of getting a proper firing solution with that (some could, some couldn‘t). Same applies for IJN ships starting 1944, which carried a Type 22 radar and many other radar dishes for other purposes.

• Cool 2

[INR]
Members
1,225 posts
4,060 battles
4 hours ago, Truxtun_35 said:

Lets all fly our ships into outer space lol. Personally I would of preferred they spent more time at developing the basics in here.

Oh, yes. I was wondering how long I'd have to wait for another person to complain about the April Fool's joke game mode.

• Cool 1

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,386 posts
5,639 battles
6 hours ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

Winrate/stats should not be shamed... I agree with your conclusions but radar really needs to be on less ships not more. Japenese ships to an extent had radar (very limited). So did German ships. If we followed what actually happened every high tier ship would have radar. (Well most of them at least).

The corralation between his post and stats are uncanny though.

[PVE]
Members
3,816 posts
16,307 battles

Right now, there is no balance in the Schwartz.....  To find balance, there must be money to be made....  I think, 8.0 was expected to exceed the cruiser line split's sales record !  After all, when the HE Span, and Radar meta's rolled out, everyone bought cruisers that had either or both and the world, did not end....!!!!

So, they tried CV's and Oooops!  What, we are at 8.1-2-3-4 and still looking for spare change?    Keeping this a balanced, in a loosely based historic FPS is not easy.......  There are only so many ships and so many gimmicks they can use (Anime, Magna, Halloween, April fools, etc....) to keep the younger generation from getting bored to death.........after all, their attention span is minutes and their complaint reaction is pico-seconds for the world to read about......  And, they haven't studied WW2 in school either; and, their WW2 great grand parents were never met or were around....   And, we are seeing a generation historically maimed kids.....  Thank you public schools !

This evolution of change is gonna get "interesting me thinks" as cultures collide....   Whose money will speak the loudest?  Cause Money talks; and the rest walks.....

Edited by Asym_KS
old age
  • Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
8,592 posts
6,989 battles
4 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

If it was historical, then the game might as well be renamed World of Battleships Aircraft Carriers

And I'm not certain we'd be ready for that.

[CLUMP]
Members
92 posts
6,649 battles

Thank you all for some descent reply's. Some always like to say it is complaining. Not here though. I spec it is a general ideal these days that if you post an thought you are complaining. 64 hear & I do not eat tide pods either :) :) :) :) 

[LOU1]
Members
4,094 posts
11,410 battles

Space battles is becoming an April Fools tradition and i think most of the work was done last year.  WG uses this and the Halloween event to try out new game mechanics and techniques, so there is a lot of "basic" work being done.  It will be about 6 months until we are back messing with Rasputin and subs.  And, a year before we fly off into space for a few weeks.