Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

For those about to be Audacious - 444

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,855
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,274 posts

Yup.. the grind from Implacable to Audacious is currently reduced! It's a fire sale! You can have her, all aircraft fully upgraded, for only 

shot-19_04.09_23_17.26-0818.thumb.jpg.ba154701e503575f8532c1b4967ebab4.jpg

444,000 XP 
24,640,000 for the ship
7,500,000 for the plane upgrades
for a silver total of only 32,140,000!

Ain't she a beauty? And such a deal! 

I will have her one day to be sure... but until I do, I'll just keep on grinding the Implacable. 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,600
[RLGN]
Members
13,471 posts
23,468 battles
4 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Yup.. the grind from Implacable to Audacious is currently reduced! It's a fire sale! You can have her, all aircraft fully upgraded, for only 

shot-19_04.09_23_17.26-0818.thumb.jpg.ba154701e503575f8532c1b4967ebab4.jpg

444,000 XP 
24,640,000 for the ship
7,500,000 for the plane upgrades
for a silver total of only 32,140,000!

Ain't she a beauty? And such a deal! 

I will have her one day to be sure... but until I do, I'll just keep on grinding the Implacable. 

 

Good luck! (You’re showing more interest in the ship and ambition than I currently have; especially considering that if that is the cost, it would be pocket change for me.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,855
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,274 posts
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Good luck! (You’re showing more interest in the ship and ambition than I currently have; especially considering that if that is the cost, it would be pocket change for me.)

Yup, did the math before posting, straight from the game. I have Midway and Hak... since the Audacious basically plays like a boosted Implacable, I'll probably be pleased with Audacious. 

Besides... I was looking for a reason to post the pic - I do think it's a nice angle and lighting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,890
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,487 posts

I had her about 10 minutes after the patch went live.  Her bombs are a little wonky to get used to but she is a a good CV :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
735
[5D]
Members
967 posts
12,378 battles

Who care , I had 1m xp on the t8 and over 300m credits that I already nearly grinded back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,216
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,232 posts
18,432 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I will have her one day to be sure... but until I do, I'll just keep on grinding the Implacable. 

And here I thought you carried that kind of juice in your spare change pocket @Herr_Reitz. I'm SO disillusioned!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,556
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,299 posts
6,266 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

I had her about 10 minutes after the patch went live.  Her bombs are a little wonky to get used to but she is a a good CV :).

Indeed, it's nice having a CV where all three squadrons can pull their weight again. Audacious' Firebrands and Wyverns are SUCH an upgrade over Implacable's Seafires. Those poor, poor Seafires...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
174
[FTH]
Members
1,001 posts
15,222 battles

I had her a couple hours after the patch went live as well...ground the xp out on Implacable and just said screw it and dropped the FXP for 2 of the 3 sets of planes, then finally the last ones...stripped the big module off the Midway since I was halfway short on credits...
I hate to admit this..I love the Midway for what it was historically..but I haven't ran it since I got Audacious...the torps are better and actually possible to hit with, and the rockets work about 1/3 of the time..which is still workable, lol...only thing that's wonky is the DB's, but I can deal with that..if I want precision DB's..I'll bring out Mid, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
671 posts
2,542 battles

T10 is the only tier where the RN bombers actually shine...

Sadly I'm just a poor man that had to sell most of ARP ships to buy Haku and upgrades....

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,556
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,299 posts
6,266 battles
Just now, ALROCHA said:

T10 is the only tier where the RN bombers actually shine...

They do pretty well on Furious now that you get two planes per run instead of one, but yes, Implacable's and Hermes' are a bit lacking. And they're thinking of giving Indomitable Implacable's bomb payload, despite the fact that Indomitable has no TBs to make up for it. Ugh...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
671 posts
2,542 battles
13 hours ago, Landsraad said:

They do pretty well on Furious now that you get two planes per run instead of one, but yes, Implacable's and Hermes' are a bit lacking. And they're thinking of giving Indomitable Implacable's bomb payload, despite the fact that Indomitable has no TBs to make up for it. Ugh...

2 planes but weak bombs, my max damage on the classes are:

DD - 1.5k
Cruiser - 3k
BBs - 6k
CVs - 12k

Where I can do a lot more damage with the other DBs, while also being more precise, able to get more attack runs out of it and target most enemy ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,567
[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,606 battles
15 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Yup, did the math before posting, straight from the game. I have Midway and Hak... since the Audacious basically plays like a boosted Implacable, I'll probably be pleased with Audacious. 

Besides... I was looking for a reason to post the pic - I do think it's a nice angle and lighting. 

I knew the XP cost, but I was a little shocked when I saw the credit cost … 

I did all 3 lines to tier10 … just to avoid playing them :)

And yes, they make purty port queens 

 

An added disincentive to play - they don't come with unique upgrades

Edited by Commander_367

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,025
[AAA]
Members
1,728 posts
12,715 battles
14 hours ago, dad003 said:

Who care , I had 1m xp on the t8 and over 300m credits that I already nearly grinded back 

The fact that you played the garbo T8 that much is shocking to me...

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,855
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,274 posts
15 hours ago, Umikami said:

And here I thought you carried that kind of juice in your spare change pocket @Herr_Reitz. I'm SO disillusioned!

Weelll... I went on a spending spree of fXP and coins with the other two tier X carriers soo... being a free to play player... i sorta emptied out the coin bank a bit :cap_haloween:

 

I'm glad to hear most of you think she's worth it... I think she'll be the carrier I'm working for... always a chance she won't play like I expect, but I think she'll be fun. The grind to get her has been lots of fun so far! 

Edited by Herr_Reitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,344 posts
3,206 battles

I've been enjoying the ship a lot and my average damage in her is higher than any of my other ships, but my win rate in her is absolute garbage. I've only got a handful of games so far though, so I think I'm just on one of -those- streaks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,216
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,232 posts
18,432 battles
7 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Weelll... I went on a spending spree of fXP and coins with the other two tier X carriers soo... being a free to play player... i sorta emptied out the coin bank a bit :cap_haloween:

Well, good luck getting there, and I hope you love the prize as much as you loved the struggle!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,855
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,274 posts
7 hours ago, 13th_Earl_White_Haven said:

Got my Audacious yesterday and I have to say I have a new favorite CV. Absolutely love it so far.

Congratulations!!!

I got more than 2/3rds the way there and said oh what the heck... converted some xp and now have her as well: 

shot-19_04.12_18_39.51-0687.thumb.jpg.3d71ae62aa88096bc1f7db094f70d405.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,855
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,274 posts

Saaaayyyy.... I have a good question... 

 

Where's her tier X Legendary Module private mission? Eh? 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,556
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,299 posts
6,266 battles

Doesn't have one because after Worcester none of the tier Xs have had them. Daring doesn't either, and weirdly neither does Harugumo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,855
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,274 posts
20 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Doesn't have one because after Worcester none of the tier Xs have had them. Daring doesn't either, and weirdly neither does Harugumo.

Do you think this a strange thing... as I do not recall a peep about them in any official news release... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×