Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
captinjoehenry

Des Moines Unique Mod Deceleration?

7 comments in this topic

Members
66 posts
512 battles

So I'm trying to find out if the Des Moines mod effects deceleration.  As I keep seeing people saying it does and then others saying that it doesn't.  Can anyone clarify this?

Members
66 posts
512 battles
Just now, DouglasMacAwful said:

No I have it and timed it. No difference in deceleration. 

Darn.  That sort of decreases it's value.  Still useful though?

[SRBL]
Members
408 posts
1 minute ago, captinjoehenry said:

I find it to be very useful and liked the game play better than without the upgrade installed. When I need to bail on my waifu island it certainly helps to be able to move out in a hurry. 

Members
1,925 posts
7,591 battles
Just now, captinjoehenry said:

A lot of people swear by it. I play my DM mainly in clan battles and used the range mod. The number of times I needed to speed out of island cover quickly, or wasd in open water, was less than the times a ship was slightly out if range. So I unmounted it and put the range mod back on. 

[SOFOP]
Members
2,207 posts
13,263 battles

As the above poster said, its about playstyle.  if you want to be able to get in and out of cover and open water play, the legendary module is for you.  If you play mostly at range, then the mod won't do you much.

That said, it is hilarious to have installed.  I have run into DDs before because i wasn't paying attention and outran them at the start.  You are wicked fast, and since you accelerate after turns, you get back up to full speed in a heartbeat.  The downside of radar is minimal, but the range downside can be daunting.  Again, all about style.

Sign in to follow this