You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

What has happened to tiers 8-10?

94 comments in this topic

Members
1,379 posts
7,116 battles

I understand there has always been bad players, but lately on BOTH teams tiers 8-10 are just filled with sub 45% win av players with horrible other stats. I am seeing a lot less +50% win av players in the higher tiers on BOTH teams not just the ones I am on. Higher tiers used to have a pretty even ratio of bad and good most time. Now it is a sea of red and it makes me wonder if it is even worth playing random anymore. Many of the people I division with do not even want to play the game anymore. Their not wanting to play has nothing to do with CV. It has to do with the mindless waves of bad teams on for both sides of the matches.  At one time it was which teams better players would carry the best... now it has become which teams bad players will be less bad. The sad thing is I am not sure WG can do anything about this. 

• Cool 16
  • Funny 2

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,310 posts

It's been theorized that a thousand monkeys given a thousand typewriters and a thousand years they will eventually reach T10 in WoWS.

It's almost been a thousand years.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[AA-DS]
Members
976 posts

Certainly is the less crappy team wins, WoT ended up the same way.

WG can’t fix bad players 

• Cool 2

[LEGIT]
Members
2,212 posts
30,307 battles

So if most players at T 10 are 45% or so does that mead the 55% are playing lower tiers?

• Cool 1

[O-PN]
Members
2,630 posts
5,800 battles

"Okay, we're going to take A / B"  "ok"  "roger" "will do"

3 fools head right into C and get killed.  It's like they're horrible bots.  I've watched so much game play and thought that it's impossible there's a human in control of that ship as it's doing absolutely the dumbest stuff.  It'd be one thing to watch  a ship at 25 degrees to the wall at full speed as AFK, but them mains are firing and it's quickly dead.  I can't take out a T8 CV w/ out being 9/10 battles in T10 w/ the worst players in the world.  I don't care about win rates -- I care about a players ability to follow directions and work among the team.  These lemming bots we're seeing is horrible.  MM doesn't account for crap players and has no problem sticking a team slapped full of them so long as the "ship's capabilities are mirrored".  

It works both ways too -- 2 days ago we wiped the enemy team out completely and didn't have a single loss.  I mean -- how is that possible?

• Funny 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles
42 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

It's been theorized that a thousand monkeys given a thousand typewriters and a thousand years they will eventually reach T10 in WoWS.

So a million monkeys would take 1 year?

• Funny 1

Members
1,379 posts
7,116 battles
23 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

So if most players at T 10 are 45% or so does that mead the 55% are playing lower tiers?

It seems that most of the better players are just not playing random anymore. They do things like clan battles and ranked or just have stopped playing period. Some may have gone to lower tiers, but I doubt it is a large number. 

Edited by USMC2145
  • Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
2,684 posts
12,337 battles
6 minutes ago, grumpymunky said:

So a million monkeys would take 1 year?

Naaww, still a  thousand years...

...because you didn't say anything about giving them a million typewriters.

[SBS]
Members
5,198 posts
49 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

It's almost been a thousand years.

I was at the doctor's office recently and reading one of the magazines while I waited.  There was an article about the organization that is the international authority on service animals.  This organization funded some research to find new service animals to better interact with our man made environment.  One study was testing monkeys.  They tested the general learning ability of chimps with things like card games.  Turns out chimps will eat playing cards so they used touch screen computers to teach the chimps simple card games.  At some point they wanted to see if the chimps could learn more complex games so a few simple video games were tested.  Interestingly enough WoWs was one of those games.  Turns out one particularly good chimp named Virgil was able to average 150K damage in his Yamato....

• Cool 2
  • Funny 6

Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles

Can’t speak for everyone, but for the most part I moved to T5 in the most recent time frame.  I used to spam T9/T10 games to maximize free xp and elite captain xp gains, but recently I realized I simply no longer care for either in the least.  I just hop in for few games purely for fun, and T5 thus far was a good place for me.

• Cool 2

[O-PN]
Members
2,630 posts
5,800 battles

T5 - 8 is good so long as you div up to keep 10s out of the game, like take a 7 with an 8 so at most you get is 9s.  Anytime I run T8 CV its pretty much T10 for-sure.  If WG isn't going to let us div up across 2 tier difference (ie: T5 + T7)  then MM shouldn't put us in it either.  Without running a competent division in T10s, odds are your team is going to be full of idiots who don't listen.   I have a suspicion that we're actually seeing a form of dumb bot that WG  is testing.  Just don't know why they can't make them a little more competent. 

• Cool 1

Members
3,714 posts
1 hour ago, USMC2145 said:

I understand there has always been bad players, but lately on BOTH teams tiers 8-10 are just filled with sub 45% win av players with horrible other stats. I am seeing a lot less +50% win av players in the higher tiers on BOTH teams not just the ones I am on. Higher tiers used to have a pretty even ratio of bad and good most time. Now it is a sea of red and it makes me wonder if it is even worth playing random anymore. Many of the people I division with do not even want to play the game anymore. Their not wanting to play has nothing to do with CV. It has to do with the mindless waves of bad teams on for both sides of the matches.  At one time it was which teams better players would carry the best... now it has become which teams bad players will be less bad. The sad thing is I am not sure WG can do anything about this. 

It's been going on for a few months. The only fix I can see is put the 0% - 45% players in their own game, basically split everybody into 2 leagues.

Seems like everybody wins to me, I doubt the 30%'ers love getting wtpwned by Unicums, but don't hold your breath.

• Boring 1

Members
99 posts
14,201 battles
1 hour ago, slokill_1 said:

No, the 55% players are playing clan battles or have stop playing altogether.

• Cool 1

Members
83 posts
13,355 battles
1 hour ago, Simzee said:

Certainly is the less crappy team wins, WoT ended up the same way.

WG can’t fix bad players 

But, WG can stop adding to it with buyable T8 - T10 ships. There is alot to learn by climbing the tiers to T10...it is all being passed by these "Faux T10" players.

• Cool 1

Members
83 posts
13,355 battles
33 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

T5 - 8 is good so long as you div up to keep 10s out of the game, like take a 7 with an 8 so at most you get is 9s.  Anytime I run T8 CV its pretty much T10 for-sure.  If WG isn't going to let us div up across 2 tier difference (ie: T5 + T7)  then MM shouldn't put us in it either.  Without running a competent division in T10s, odds are your team is going to be full of idiots who don't listen.   I have a suspicion that we're actually seeing a form of dumb bot that WG  is testing.  Just don't know why they can't make them a little more competent. 

I thought the MM took the highest Tier ship in a Div for matches...so, taking a 7 with two 8s just lets the 7 fight some 10s.

Members
83 posts
13,355 battles

Turns out one particularly good chimp named Virgil was able to average 150K damage in his Yamato....

And Thus was born the first unicom player!!

Members
418 posts

There are two main reason this is happening. 

1- Many have failed their way to top tiers.

2- Many of the good players have stopped playing high tiers or have stopped playing random.

The combination of both of those have left higher tier games full of more bad players. 

• Cool 1

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
960 posts
8,976 battles
2 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

Always looking for good div-mates to fight against the hoard... see signature. 

[SYN]
Members
15,660 posts
12,778 battles

Here are your options

1. Most of the good players have quit taken a break from the game.
  2. There's a massive influx of newer players, thanks to the popularity of WoWs
  3. Somewhere in between the above two

Members
2,258 posts
4,965 battles

Had a Yorck today almost lose the game for our team. It was him and a salem. The Yorck was almost dead with about 2k health left. The Salem was almost full HP.

All this dude had to do was run and let the time run out and we would win off points. But nope! He decided to pick a fight while we yelling at him in chat to stop firing. 

Needless to say they both sucked and time ran out before salems bad aim would atleast hit some.

it seems some players have no brains

• Funny 1

Members
2,258 posts
4,965 battles
2 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

It seems that most of the better players are just not playing random anymore. They do things like clan battles and ranked or just have stopped playing period. Some may have gone to lower tiers, but I doubt it is a large number. 

Saw a dude with MM monitor that had over 1600 games in a T3 DD. 

[WOLF3]
Members
25,161 posts
22,173 battles
3 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

What happened?  Bad players have always been there.  It's not seasonal.  It's not due to holidays.  They have always been there.  They just didn't get here.  They never left.

• Cool 6

[LTPTG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,796 posts
1,473 battles

Didn't notice any difference ever since I switch playing hours to late night.