You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Simzee

Epic Exeter game

8 comments in this topic

[AA-DS]
Members
976 posts

For me anyway, i think i even beat my Sims planes shot down record.

Games like this for me are the exception, certainly not the rule.

Kudos to  red Texas as well, 74 planes shot down. And our Texas as well, nice job.

shot-19.04.10_10.01.59-0801.jpg

shot-19.04.10_10.02.02-0389.jpg

shot-19.04.10_10.02.05-0213.jpg

shot-19.04.10_10.02.10-0619.jpg

Edited by Simzee
  • Cool 1

[EGI]
[EGI]
Beta Testers
1,234 posts
23,694 battles

I find her to be a pretty good ship.  Worth the task grind overall and the best of the  T5 cruisers ( both premium and line ships ) 

If you manage to be top tier you can carry pretty well with her.  

image.thumb.png.fb9c1f46a46af9d4648b78225811e4c4.png

[RCNW3]
Beta Testers
3,030 posts
24,753 battles

That ship is a keeper I only once did over 100K with her but most of my games with that ship were wins that's the best part playing the HMS Exeter

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,625 posts
19,327 battles

Beat my 93k 6 kill game...

Congratulations. 

[AA-DS]
Members
976 posts

If only it had its historical reload,  I took manual AA off on this game and used AFT the instead as switching sectors all the time is too slow and diverts my attention too much.

Manual AA on a DD is worth it coz it’s quick and more efficient, on Exeter I think I’ll stick with AFT

[GOBI]
Members
1,079 posts
3,599 battles

Been playing her a lot, kind of a meh ship for me. Reload to slow, glass cannon. Guns do not shoot over islands well, so often you have to expose yourself to get off shots, and to easy to get deleted. Would have been better with a spotter plane than fighter, since you have no smoke or radar. DPM is lacking. Anything over 10k and her main guns have horrible dispersion, shells 3 will land both sides of ship and not on it often. I really want to like her, she is just not much fun. To much work.

[THREE]
Members
2,305 posts
12,404 battles
On 10/10/2019 at 5:29 PM, Frigate007 said:

Been playing her a lot, kind of a meh ship for me. Reload to slow, glass cannon. Guns do not shoot over islands well, so often you have to expose yourself to get off shots, and to easy to get deleted. Would have been better with a spotter plane than fighter, since you have no smoke or radar. DPM is lacking. Anything over 10k and her main guns have horrible dispersion, shells 3 will land both sides of ship and not on it often. I really want to like her, she is just not much fun. To much work.

Hey

That's the way it is for me too; my best game was around 75K and was probably the 2nd or 3rd time I played it.  After that, it's been very lack luster on average, with maybe 20-30K damage.  The guns over pen most cruisers, and seem to break or ricochet on BB's.  Not really worth playing IMHO.  There are other cruisers I would rather sail, like Murmansk for one.

Pete

[N-W-T]
Members
60 posts
15,567 battles

What's the best build/capt build for this ship? Trying to get an idea of what the new line will be like.