You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

CV poll

21 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
1,782 posts
9,410 battles

Poll methodology is significantly flawed

Ask 3 questions & use a 1-10 scale where 1 means unsatisfied  & 10 means completely satisfied

What should have been asked

1. Did you play Wow prior to the changes that came with version 8.0?

If Yes

Using a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 means completely unsatisfied & 10 means completely satsified, how would you rate your enjoyment of WoW prior to the introduction of version 8.0?

2.  Using a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 means completely unsatisfied  & 10 means completely satisfied,  how would you rate your enjoyment of WoW since the introduction of version 8.0

3.  Using a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 means not likely at all and 10 means definitely, how would you rate the likelihood you will continue to play WoW past this month?

Edited by Anonymous50
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts
6 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

Ask 3 questions & use a 1-10 scale where 1 means unsatisfied  & 10 means completely satisfied

That, and it needs to be reasonably difficult for the same person to vote twice.... or 100 times.

[SBS]
Members
5,238 posts
3 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

When you don't like the results its "significantly flawed". :cap_hmm:

Just now, Carrier_Ikoma said:

That, and it needs to be reasonably difficult for the same person to vote twice.... or 100 times.

Makes me wonder how many times you voted...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts
1 minute ago, Slimeball91 said:

When you don't like the results its "significantly flawed". :cap_hmm:

Makes me wonder how many times you voted...

Zero.

Straw poll is called straw poll for exactly that reason. It's a "quick and dirty" solution, not meant to provide results with high validity.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
15 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

If you haven't voted yet here is the poll that has been talked about.

https://www.strawpoll.me/17702395

10 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

Yeah, that is a pretty poopy poll.

Do you feel that having a CV in your game makes the experience

much better

slightly better

neutral

slightly worse

much worse

And that is it. How about some more detail? That is pretty broad.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,407 posts
10,769 battles

Not to mention for the 100 time it doesn't have a bacon option so it is not valid .

Image result for best bacon pictures

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
Just now, clammboy said:

Not to mention for the 100 time it doesn't have a bacon option so it is not valid .

Image result for best bacon pictures

:Smile_teethhappy:

[SBS]
Members
5,238 posts
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

Do you feel that having a CV in your game makes the experience

much better

slightly better

neutral

slightly worse

much worse

And that is it. How about some more detail? That is pretty broad.

I bet you could easily put yourself into one of these categories.

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

Its fun when the pool doenst give the result a "X" group want they try to disqualify the pool.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
7 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I bet you could easily put yourself into one of these categories.

Yeah, but why would I be in that category? Because I hate all CVs no matter whether it is RTS or WASD? Because I love making salt flow with my planes? Because I like the RTS and hate WASD? Because I hate WASD and like the RTS? Because I'm waiting on the rework to be done or think it has went to far one way or the other? Because the premium CVs are not out yet and we are half way through the patch? For some other reason? A very basic poll gives you a very basic answers with no idea why the person got to that rating.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
386 posts

Poll is pretty spot on result wise to what we are seeing in game.  Seriously, want a real test?  Just offer a game mode that is everything but CV's and see how many people flock to that game mode.  Don't take away the everything mode but simply offer another mode that removes RTS god mode play.  There are plenty of players and if pro CV players are right they won't notice a thing.  Any bets?

• Cool 4

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
960 posts
8,976 battles

Seems accurate to me. All the CV elites that populate the forum can poopoo it all they want to, but you don't hear people collectively groan when they see two BBs in the game. Say it's invalid all you want to, most people don't like playing against CVs. Period.

Edited by HeathenForay
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[5D2]
Supertester
2,311 posts
22,752 battles

The poll is flawed in two major ways:

1. I was able to vote more than one each time I switched devices. Thus, the number of votes can be skewed. This is of course stated with the understanding that not everyone would do such a thing or has, but depending on the amount of devices you have access to you can create player opinions that don't actually exist. I'm not doubting that the results wouldnt still be similar but they may not fully reflect actual numbers.

2.  The wording choice is poor. "slightly worse" could mean that someone is generally happy with the rework but isnt fully satisfied with Midway dive bombers for example.  While that is fine itself, we are going to see (and have) this poll used to backed bias opinions without actual depth to their meaning.

A good comparison for the wording issue is if you were to poll me about onions using this poll. I hate raw onions. I hate onions on burgers, pizza, and in meatloaf. However, I use onion powder when cooking and love sauteed onions and peppers on fajitas and dont mind them in with a roast or stew. Overall, I literally hate the majority of onion use options but there are times I dont like them and times I actually enjoy them. So should I vote slightly worse or neutral? Neutral would reflect that I both like and dislike onions but slightly worse would reflect that in more likely to dislike onions in my meals in general.

I dont like the results. It reflects poorly for some vital things for this game. I cannot be dismissive of the results though, it seems most arent happy with the change. However, how accurately that's represented is questionable though.

Edited by Skuggsja

[INTEL]
Members
12,355 posts
34,353 battles
31 minutes ago, Xlap said:

Its fun when the pool doenst give the result a "X" group want they try to disqualify the pool.

Its not a valid poll. Just that simple. WG probably has numbers but wont release them since they'd just be more ammo for ppl like us.

Members
3,378 posts
14,155 battles

I was able to vote using my "gaming" PC, phone and work laptop so it already gives an idea of how skewed result are.

Also it's pretty well known what the vast majority of players want : a removal of CV. I wasn't against the removal of CV back when it was RTS, but now, I enjoy the new CV as it offers something different. 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,516 posts
8 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Why not just put the poll here, so we don't have to go off to some random site if we want to vote?

Because it was put up by a CC to try and get a better headcount....almost 7k votes is significantly better than any poll here....:Smile_teethhappy:

Not to say that it couldn't be biased, but it won't allow you to easily vote twice. I assume you can work around it though.

[LWC]
Members
1,080 posts
5,350 battles
1 hour ago, Skuggsja said:

2.  The wording choice is poor. "slightly worse" could mean that someone is generally happy with the rework but isnt fully satisfied with Midway dive bombers for example. 

Nah, be real here, anyone who experienced midway enlightened drop will loath cvs, there is no slightly:Smile_teethhappy: