Sumseaman

To WoWs players that used to play WoT...

16 comments in this topic

[WOLF6]
Members
691 posts
3,034 battles

Not going to provide any links just personal experience feedback.

If you used to play WoT and stopped due to the awful matchmaking...it has improved greatly since 3rd April when the new algorithm was implemented. Single tier matches are far more common (so far) as are though with +/-1. Premium ammo still exists though is seemingly being fired a lot less.

That's the good news.

Bad news is that on the NA server WG clearly needed a cash grab and is selling the leFH18B2. For those that don't know this is the Nik/Kami of the WoTs world and is arguably the filthiest entity in the WG universe.

So yes try out WoT again but stay away from any tier 5 matches.

Members
1,466 posts
9,648 battles

Already have that little monster, but I no longer play WoT. Pay2Win Gold ammo was the deal  breaker for me...and there is more bad news if you've watched Quickbaby's latest video, there is a new type of premium account in the testing phase that enables an even greater disparity between paying and free accounts. It's pretty bad.

WoT=wouldn't play it again even if WG paid me.

[WOLF6]
Members
754 posts
4,629 battles

Yes lols like they migrated warships premium to tanks. So soon you’ll need to purchase game specific premium instead of universal premium time if that is how you roll.

Members
1,924 posts
2,731 battles

I hated WoT economy so much I just bought a hellcat and only play that. A 5 skill crew later and it is a complete God. Fast, and bat crapcrazy view range. When I'm bushed up I will outspot anything. Then it's just cutting lose with that 90mm.

Was actually top 10 in NA monthly in M18 and M56 this fall when I was taking a WoWS hiatus. Both are sweet tanks.

Point is, if there truly is +1/-1mm, oh boy. Gonna club some serious nubs next time I have a WoT craving

[SPTR]
Members
26,448 posts
11,831 battles

I tried playing it again a few times, but because I play from Australia I can't really play properly since the US server merge with the high ping and lag that isn't present, honestly the toxic facist playerbase there nearly made WG destroyed the very game that brought them together with the elimination ingame global chat... but will give WoT a go again for their new mm mechanics, through I play the game fun(since my long absence from it has degrade what was once my semi decent skills there, and unwilling to invest time to git gud there) and leave my play to win and competitiveness on ships.

Edited by Rolkatsuki

Members
585 posts
4,529 battles

I have premium time and never got past tier 4 or 5.  Premium ammo and getting blapped by premiums made it easy to stop playing.

[LBA]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,495 posts
15 minutes ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

I have premium time and never got past tier 4 or 5.  Premium ammo and getting blapped by premiums made it easy to stop playing.

Yeah... I get that a gaming company needs to make money, but premium ammo has got to be the grossest's f2p idea yet. For all of WoWS's faults, at least it doesn't have that...

• Cool 1

Members
4,714 posts
7,331 battles
15 minutes ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

WoT is close to pay to win.  To close for my liking. I just got sick of matches where many players were ONLY shooting gold ammo.  $$$$$$$

Members
4,714 posts
7,331 battles
2 minutes ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

Yeah... I get that a gaming company needs to make money, but premium ammo has got to be the grossest's f2p idea yet. For all of WoWS's faults, at least it doesn't have that...

It might in the future. 

[_RNG_]
Members
69 posts
3,429 battles
1 hour ago, _Rumple_ said:

Already have that little monster, but I no longer play WoT. Pay2Win Gold ammo was the deal  breaker for me...and there is more bad news if you've watched Quickbaby's latest video, there is a new type of premium account in the testing phase that enables an even greater disparity between paying and free accounts. It's pretty bad.

WoT=wouldn't play it again even if WG paid me.

Ohohoh, I played WoT on the console. Japanese heavies and premium ammo were not a combo you wanted. So much pain and suffering, but oh so many LoLs with oversized guns.

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,362 posts
20,162 battles

I have I think 300 plus tanks collecting dust . have not played it in many months  the only game that makes me curse so much. I'm waiting for the 30 Vs 30 to become permanent then I'll give it a try again I heard good remarks about the 30 vs 30.....

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,024 posts
13,467 battles
2 hours ago, Sumseaman said:

Not going to provide any links just personal experience feedback.

If you used to play WoT and stopped due to the awful matchmaking...it has improved greatly since 3rd April when the new algorithm was implemented. Single tier matches are far more common (so far) as are though with +/-1. Premium ammo still exists though is seemingly being fired a lot less.

That's the good news.

Bad news is that on the NA server WG clearly needed a cash grab and is selling the leFH18B2. For those that don't know this is the Nik/Kami of the WoTs world and is arguably the filthiest entity in the WG universe.

So yes try out WoT again but stay away from any tier 5 matches.

Sold mine when arty got nerfed,...

Now trying to get the credits to get her back per WG premium selling policy.

My favorite 2 were Bert and SU-26....

Yes I was one of those scums....

Even used AP with my object...

Members
1,466 posts
9,648 battles

Here's a link to the upcoming changes to WoT premium accounts. Some decent changes with a couple of very questionable P2Win aspects that I sincerely hope never make their way to WoWs...but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

[WOLF2]
Members
399 posts
12,749 battles

I very rarely play WOT anymore. When I do it's almost always a lopsided win or lose within five minutes.

I have not played WOWS much since the CV rework.

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.