You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Zaydin

Inconsistencies in anti-CV players logic

183 comments in this topic

Members
69 posts
53 battles

Not to be the devils advocate here... but besides hiding in overlapping AA, there's not really anything you can do against CV's.

You cannot dodge, it's way to easy for a CV player to correct the aim.

You cannot hide in smoke, it also not that hard to hit someone there.

And I'm talking as a CV player... Try them, besides AA playing CV is really really easy.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 11

[SRMC]
Members
287 posts
10,915 battles

Oh but it's logical to them I play all classes cruisers the least of them I have no issues with CVs I think maybe some people need to adapt and finally learn online games change and dont always cater to some old dudes feel feels and nostalgia

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 9

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,331 posts
17,525 battles

If you're looking for consistent logic on this forum you've come to the wrong place ...

• Cool 4
  • Funny 9
  • Meh 1

Members
3,350 posts
12,039 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

If you're looking for consistent logic on this forum you've come to the wrong place ...

giphy.gif

• Funny 2
  • Meh 1

0 posts
16 minutes ago, SirMoric said:

Not to be the devils advocate here... but besides hiding in overlapping AA, there's not really anything you can do against CV's.

false devils advocate.

1. how to survive BB AP broadside? Turn and angle, WASD, don't show your own broadside
  2. how to survive dd torp soup? WASD, and turn in toward the incoming torp spread, presenting a slim profile. Also use hydro if you have it.
  3. how to survive air attacks? Jiggle your speed up and down, WASD. Basic manouvres on how to steer your ship we all learn at tier 1 as new players.
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Indeed, yet game development relies on this inconsistent logic to justify changes to the game, not least, the CV rework.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 6

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,331 posts
17,525 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

how to survive BB AP broadside? Turn and angle, don't show your own broadside

... and hope he doesn't overmatch you straight into your juicy citadel.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[WORX]
Members
9,573 posts
17,554 battles

May I question your use of the term "LOGIC" for one sec.

19 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Get deleted by a torpedo spread? Your fault, learn to WASD.

Get hit hard by an air strike? OMGWTFBBQ CVS OP CANCER MUST NERF!

^^^These are the must nerf'ed ship classes in th game.

20 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Get deleted by a BB AP salvo? Your fault, don't show your broadside to a BB.

^^^  The must OP ship class in the game.

Why do I see a contradiction as per your logic ?

• Boring 2
  • Meh 2

0 posts
Just now, Lert said:

WAHHHHHHHHHHHH! Nerf BBS now! Rework when?

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles

it's like adapting to new environments SHOULD be a basic skill of a human being.  

• Cool 6

Members
69 posts
53 battles
Just now, LoveBote said:

how to survive air attacks? Jiggle your speed up and down, WASD. Basic manouvres on how to steer your ship we all learn at tier 1 as new players.

Are we playing the same game?? Cause that will not help you...

If I want to hit you with torps, I will... With rockets, I will, even with bombs, no problem.

If people are trying to convince you anything else than AA is helping, they're downright lying.

It's not like you have 7-10 seconds to react like when someone if throwing BB shells at you from long range..

That is my opinion at least :Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,331 posts
17,525 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

WAHHHHHHHHHHHH! Nerf BBS now! Rework when?

FQRb6lA.jpg

• Funny 3
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
9 minutes ago, Lert said:

:Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_honoring::Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,627 posts
10,500 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

Some people just really don't want to accept/admit that sometimes, you can do everything you are supposed to do and still lose.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 2

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,957 posts
14,614 battles
26 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Get deleted by a BB AP salvo? Your fault, don't show your broadside to a BB. OMGWTFBBQ BBS DISPERSION OP CANCER MUST NERF!

Get deleted by a torpedo spread? Your fault, learn to WASD. OMGWTFBBQ DDS OP CANCER MUST NERF!

Get hit hard by an air strike? OMGWTFBBQ CVS OP CANCER MUST NERF!

Fixed by community standarts.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 1

[KWF]
Members
4,015 posts
6,155 battles

People tend to be forgetful of the fact that pre rework a high tier CV could dominate most opponents, be it crossdropping DDs for their full HP at the start of battles, to farming flooding, fire and citadel damage by anything unlucky to have bad/mediocre AA.

However the way vision works and the larger time spent striking surface ships after the rework can be pretty negative at times, especially at high tiers where vision control is key.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
24,197 posts
24,546 battles
17 minutes ago, SirMoric said:

And I'm talking as a CV player... Try them, besides AA playing CV is really really easy.

Actually, you can hide in smoke, as long as the CV planes aren't torp bombers.  Not hard to hit someone in smoke?  Only if they're firing their guns.  If you keep your guns silent and you don't sit right on the spot where you were last spotted, it's difficult to hit a ship in smoke, beyond a little dumb luck.

As for dodging torps, of course you can do this, provided you're in a DD or some other exceptionally maneuverable ship.  Of course, larger ships really aren't all that maneuverable.

"Besides AA", yeah, nothing like ignoring the 800 pound gorilla trying to stomp your planes while you're making an attack run.

As for overlapping AA... that is the primary way to enhance AA, just as it was in real life.  IRL, ships would group up to create overlapping fields of fire, usually centered on a BB or CV.  I have no problem with that, and to me it's a perfectly good counter.  And it really isn't necessary to have your entire team in a single blob.  2 or 3 ships is usually sufficient, particularly if one of them is a top tier ship with good AA.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
2 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Some people just really don't want to accept/admit that sometimes, you can do everything you are supposed to do and still lose.

Well said

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,331 posts
17,525 battles
4 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

dH4OG59.jpg

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,197 posts
24,546 battles
10 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

false devils advocate.

how to survive BB AP broadside? Turn and angle, don't show your own broadside

how to survive dd torp soup? WASD, and turn in toward the incoming torp spread, presenting a slim profile. Also use hydro if you have it.

how to survive air attacks? Jiggle your speed up and down, WASD. Basic manouvres on how to steer your ship we all learn at tier 1 as new players.

Depending on your ship, sometimes it's BETTER to show a perfect broadside to a BB than to be angled.  If your armor is super weak, you can be better off vs. BB AP to not make your armor a little more effective with angling, but rather make it as weak as possible so as to try to induce as many overpens as possible.   Overall, when your armor is so bad that you're going to get penned no matter what, better to try to maximize the number of overpens and make your armor's weakness work for you rather than against you.

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,197 posts
24,546 battles
9 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Zaydin, what you've just written here cannot be repeated often enough.  :cap_like: :cap_like:  :cap_like: :cap_like:  :cap_like: :cap_like:  :cap_like: :cap_like:

• Cool 1

0 posts
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Depending on your ship, sometimes it's BETTER to show a perfect broadside to a BB than to be angled.  If your armor is super weak, you can be better off vs. BB AP to not make your armor a little more effective with angling, but rather make it as weak as possible so as to try to induce as many overpens as possible.   Overall, when your armor is so bad that you're going to get penned no matter what, better to try to maximize the number of overpens and make your armor's weakness work for you rather than against you.

true, Khaba and over penning, for example.

clearly an exploit. Where is the hotfix for this get out of jail free card? 

one more time WAHHHH DD rework now!

[INTEL]
Members
12,319 posts
34,162 battles

OP doesnt get arguments against CVs, insists that they must be wrong, not him.

But all this is a sideshow. Population on this server down 30% since ReBork dropped. How are we getting them back?

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 4

Members
2,631 posts
4,235 battles
35 minutes ago, SirMoric said:

"Talking as a CV player."  *Has less then ten matches in a Langley.*  I get it,  this is your sock puppet.  But you make it real hard to take you seriously when you're posting from this account and saying stuff like this.  Stuff thats nonsense anyway, mind.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Members
436 posts
202 battles
4 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

OP doesnt get arguments against CVs, insists that they must be wrong.

But all this is a sideshow. Population on this server down 30% since ReBork dropped? How are we getting them back?

You're not Taich, I bailed 2 months ago along with 90% of my clan. Other games we have been playing are actually more fun and don't try and bait and switch price gouge us every other patch. Oh wait the other games have competent devs who dont need to constantly band aid, I mean patch every 3 weeks. I only come back to the forum when I'm bored like now.

Edited by IronMike11C4O
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1