Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Purg473

Regarding the Rental Boise

6 comments in this topic

[FTH]
Members
1,001 posts
15,222 battles

At the risk of making myself sound like an idiot for asking this...

I know with the rentals, if you rent the ship and decide to buy it, the rental price is subtracted from the cost of the ship, so you're still paying the same amount in the end...but what if you rent it more than once? I tried it last week, and noticed that the rental option is still there...would it subtract twice from the total cost of the ship if we were to rent it again?

Purg.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,407 posts
10,769 battles
27 minutes ago, Purg473 said:

At the risk of making myself sound like an idiot for asking this...

I know with the rentals, if you rent the ship and decide to buy it, the rental price is subtracted from the cost of the ship, so you're still paying the same amount in the end...but what if you rent it more than once? I tried it last week, and noticed that the rental option is still there...would it subtract twice from the total cost of the ship if we were to rent it again?

Purg.

Yea just keep renting every week till it's free !! 

[A_51]
Members
961 posts

What I'd like to know is why didn't they make Boise a doubloons ship.  I probably would have bought it if that were the case.

[HELLS]
Members
2,570 posts
25,538 battles

Boise and Nueve de Julio are glass cannons. Those 15 barrels pour out tons of damage and they make decent DD killers, but the ROF should match that of Cleveland as they have the same guns. Like Atlanta, they are very situational and fragile if exposed, do not have the wheels of Atlanta to get out of trouble, and have no heal or radar. I can cope with the shorter gun range, but only 1 knot base speed increase alone would make these ships worth while. I have both, as I got Boise and the mission for Nueve de Julio came with it when it was first marketed. It was a mistake as the pre-release supertester version was 1.25 knots faster and speed and gun range got nerfed before release. As is, I find both a bit weak. They are available for doubloons in the Armory. Note that Armory prices are slightly higher as they come with a 3-point captain and a port slot

• Boring 1

[-TDH-]
Members
50 posts
9,176 battles
5 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Boise and Nueve de Julio are glass cannons. Those 15 barrels pour out tons of damage and they make decent DD killers, but the ROF should match that of Cleveland as they have the same guns. Like Atlanta, they are very situational and fragile if exposed, do not have the wheels of Atlanta to get out of trouble, and have no heal or radar. I can cope with the shorter gun range, but only 1 knot base speed increase alone would make these ships worth while. I have both, as I got Boise and the mission for Nueve de Julio came with it when it was first marketed. It was a mistake as the pre-release supertester version was 1.25 knots faster and speed and gun range got nerfed before release. As is, I find both a bit weak. They are available for doubloons in the Armory. Note that Armory prices are slightly higher as they come with a 3-point captain and a port slot

Both ships actually get a super heal. They have the second best win rate at t7 behind belfast, or did the last time i looked. Properly employed, they are anything but weak.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
4,310 posts
33 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Incorrect, Boise and Julio DO have heals.  It's Wichita that lacks one.

Sign in to follow this