You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
PRO_Gaz

Credits Nurf ?

53 comments in this topic

[VIRII]
Members
34 posts
14,933 battles

Has anyone else noticed how hard it is to make any cash lately ?

I was playing a T10 DD and had 100k in damage with a cap, 20% extra credit flag and a 10% repair cost flag and it only make 13k. It used to make way more

[WOLF5]
Members
3,583 posts
3,808 battles

Sounds about right, and pretty sure it didn't used to be higher. T10 has always been stupid expensive. It takes a good game to break even, and a great one to make anything worthwhile. Even on premium it's not much better. That's by design to keep people playing mid tiers.

[VIRII]
Members
34 posts
14,933 battles

Somthing strange is happining, I have had 309mill for the last 2 weeks and cannot make anymore, where before that I was climbing all the time and I almost allways play T10 with preimum

[-VT-]
Members
663 posts
31,078 battles
4 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Sounds about right, and pretty sure it didn't used to be higher. T10 has always been stupid expensive. It takes a good game to break even, and a great one to make anything worthwhile. Even on premium it's not much better. That's by design to keep people playing mid tiers.

Or...

...that’s by design to encourage folks to invest in premium accounts.

• Cool 1

Members
3,358 posts
12,079 battles
8 minutes ago, PRO_Gaz said:

Somthing strange is happining, I have had 309mill for the last 2 weeks and cannot make anymore, where before that I was climbing all the time and I almost allways play T10 with preimum

Do have another account, maybe not premium? 

[A_51]
Members
961 posts
9 minutes ago, Sabene said:

Or...

Bingo

Members
84 posts
2,760 battles

Now you know why I never (well, rarely & only when they've an event running for clan battles) play above T8. T8 without premium is about as high as one can get and still get a net gain on credits from what I've seen.

[GWG]
Members
6,720 posts
12,788 battles
9 minutes ago, PRO_Gaz said:

I used to make 200K-300K on Midway before the nerf change.  Then it dropped to LOSING 200K a game with 65K damage (nerfed weapons) and 3 kills.

10 straight battles with premium, flags, and $25 camo -- all losses...  However, some were really good, so I only lost 4K.

It has gotten a bit better incrementally in the updates.  Keep playing those losing games and they'll bring it up to a normal level.

ON THE OTHER HAND...  If you suck at your other T10 ships, and you were still making good coin...  Them days are gone.  Numbers work both ways.

[WOLF5]
Members
3,583 posts
3,808 battles
13 minutes ago, Sabene said:

Or...

Also quite possible. Hey, they got to keep the servers running somehow. At least it's possible to play T10 without premium, as you can make credits at lower tiers to fund T10. But yeah, it definitely encourages premium account time, or at least premium ships.

Members
5,127 posts
9,474 battles

Not on my end but it happened to me in the past gerenally when I forgot that I ran out of flags (usually multiple flags) and camo that gave out credit bonuses.

[WOLFG]
Members
8,599 posts
7,013 battles

Someone, I believe it was @iKami stated that they had changed credit earning to be like XP awards, where doing damage to higher tier ships was worth more silver than same tier ships, which was worth more silver than doing damage to lower tier ships.

[PVE]
Members
11,264 posts
21,695 battles

Yes there does appear to have been a pretty significant nerf to credit rewards. There is a thread on it in the PVE sub forum as Co-op players are hit hardest by the nerf and it shows even more for us.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,068 posts
9,758 battles
20 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

pretty sure it didn't used to be higher.

things have changed and i don't like it. the grind is hard long enough. the possibility to lose money on a solid win even with a premium account takes the wind out my wallet for this game. Especially since they recently marketed the increased earnings of a premium account. but with the earning changes, you actually earn less over all. 

5 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I believe it was @iKami stated that they had changed credit earning to be like XP awards,

5 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

There is a thread on it in the PVE sub forum as Co-op players are hit hardest by the nerf

• Cool 1

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,212 battles

Hello Captains,

Changes to the In-Game Economy

The amount of credits earned for destroying higher-tier ships has been increased. For example, a Tier VI ship will receive more credits and XP for the destruction of Tier VII and VIII ships. As a result, those who participate in higher-tier battles can potentially receive greater rewards for their efforts.

This was in the patch notes for 0.8.1. 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-081-british-squadrons/#economy

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
28 minutes ago, iKami said:

Hello Captains,

Changes to the In-Game Economy

The amount of credits earned for destroying higher-tier ships has been increased. For example, a Tier VI ship will receive more credits and XP for the destruction of Tier VII and VIII ships. As a result, those who participate in higher-tier battles can potentially receive greater rewards for their efforts.

This was in the patch notes for 0.8.1. 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-081-british-squadrons/#economy

Evidently, this is a nerf. :Smile_facepalm:

I so need to buy stock in Alcoa. :Smile_coin::Smile_teethhappy:

[VIRII]
Members
34 posts
14,933 battles

How can you earn more credits for destroying a higher tier ship when playing a T10 ship, so this is a nurf for T10 players :(

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,090 posts
18,064 battles
21 hours ago, PRO_Gaz said:

I was playing a T10 DD and had 100k in damage with a cap, 20% extra credit flag and a 10% repair cost flag and it only make 13k. It used to make way more

This usually means you did all that damage to low-tier battleships. Earnings are based on your tier vs. the target's tier (higher tier target = better earnings) and what percent of the target's life bar the damage represents (same amount of damage is a bigger % of a DD's health than a BB's health). Both XP and Credit earnings follow these general rules, though XP seems more sensitive to them.

So doing damage to a high-HP target (100k is less of their lifebar) that is also 2 tiers below you (T8 vs. T10) won't yield much.

Edited by Edgecase

[PVE]
Members
11,264 posts
21,695 battles
50 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Evidently, this is a nerf. :Smile_facepalm:

I so need to buy stock in Alcoa. :Smile_coin::Smile_teethhappy:

You can mark a product down 50% but secretly raise the base price 25% before that and thus the customer isn't really getting a 50% discount and is paying more than they would have without the secret price increase 1st.

• $10.00 - 50% ($5.00) = $5.00
  • $10.00 + 25% ($2.50) = $12.50 - 50% ($6.25) = $6.25

Yes WG raised what you get for damage to higher tier ships (or so they tell us - I haven't seen it personally but ok). Great. But from what I am seeing they lowered whatever formula they use overall to generate the credit rewards to start with so the net effect is less credits earned. So you make more based on that baseline which is actually less/lowered so the end result is disappointing to say the least.

Bottom line, for whatever reason it is, credit earnings are down. Too many noticing it for me not to believe what I feel myself.

Tin foil hat or actual fact? Only WG knows the truth.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,629 battles
7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

You can mark a product down 50% but secretly raise the base price 25% before that and thus the customer isn't really getting a 50% discount and is paying more than they would have without the secret price increase 1st.

• $10.00 - 50% ($5.00) = $5.00
  • $10.00 + 25% ($2.50) = $12.50 - 50% ($6.25) = $6.25

Yes WG raised what you get for damage to higher tier ships (or so they tell us - I haven't seen it personally but ok). Great. But from what I am seeing they lowered whatever formula they use overall to generate the credit rewards to start with so the net effect is less credits earned. So you make more based on that baseline which is actually less/lowered so the end result is disappointing to say the least.

Bottom line, for whatever reason it is, credit earnings are down. Too many noticing it for me not to believe what I feel myself.

Tin foil hat or actual fact? Only WG knows the truth.

I still can't believe you and Kiz are in the same clan … 

He always disagrees with you :)

It's like Pinkie and the Brain … with you being the Brain lol

Edited by Commander_367
  • Boring 1

Members
1,027 posts
6,184 battles
21 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

I guess you could call it a buff to someone who is not top tier, because in randoms I agree that's where they want you to make your money, they want to make theirs on t9's now.

There used to be a big push on every tier, t9 is the new phase of rewards/premium/currency ships  it seems.

I definitely wouldn't be surprised if they push even more t10's after the t9 craze dies down.

[WOLFG]
Members
8,599 posts
7,013 battles

One of the things not said in the update notes is if the credit rewards work in the opposite direction (i.e. less rewards for damage to lower tiered ships).  If that is the case, this is a definite nerf to tier X.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,629 battles
9 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

Gee...just in time for all the credit earning directives.  Coincidence?

Evidently, everyone is playing checkers while WG is playing chess … 

No wonder the Russians make our politicians look so foolish :)

Edited by Commander_367

[LOIN]
Supertester
780 posts
56 minutes ago, Carrier_Graf_Zeppelin said:

I make just as many credits in surface ships so I'm not seeing a problem with earning credit, the game dumps credits at you

shot-19_04.10_01_29.33-0921.thumb.jpg.02581a5642595b0a91c0dc759816327b.jpg

shot-19_04.10_01_30.07-0595.thumb.jpg.dabc52cc5777182cc33b7dcf9abdcf07.jpg

Lol, dude all the ships in the game are surface vessels. 

Reality speaking: all vessels that are not submersible is a surface vessel.

Edited by Starfleet1701