You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KHyena

Another day another nerf on cvs

81 comments in this topic

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,958 posts
14,614 battles

"Fixed an issue with the drop trajectory of a bomb being calculated incorrectly. The issue resulted in a targeted ship receiving more bomb hits than possible in cases when bombs were dropped at the last moment during approaches when the aiming circle only slightly "touched" the target with its edge. "

So, what the point in try aiming better if its only rng on the end?

Wg is working really hard and fast for destroy the cvs for the crowd happy.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/patch-08201/

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 9
  • Meh 17

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,958 posts
14,614 battles
9 minutes ago, Ramagar_RoK said:

So, you need to game mechanics to cheat for you as well?

So, what the point in aiming and let the drop for the last second if dont matters anything and its full rng with this ridiculous extreme big bubble of aiming?

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[A-CUP]
Members
1,023 posts
8,232 battles

Welp.. Guess I have to prep extra sacrificial stuff for the RNGesus.... This is really goin out of hand.

[INTEL]
Members
2,783 posts
15,310 battles

You don't want the bombs to hit what you aimed at when you released them?

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,574 posts
26 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

"Fixed an issue with the drop trajectory of a bomb being calculated incorrectly. The issue resulted in a targeted ship receiving more bomb hits than possible in cases when bombs were dropped at the last moment during approaches when the aiming circle only slightly "touched" the target with its edge. "

It's a fix for the midway bug where all the bombs hit on the very edge of the target indicator that was highlighted at kots.  It's a good fix.

• Cool 4

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
715 posts
25 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

Im sorry, but I would rather not get hit by a set of bombs that were only literally on the edge of the aiming circle. MAYBE a single bomb should hit in that instance, but not all of them.

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,933 posts
13,321 battles

CVs are doing quite fine...maybe too good...last two weeks I have been observing almost 2 CVs per game, few DDs, and if they are there they are timid...or if I play them I tend to die going after caps... CVs are just as dangerous as before, may be even more so...

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Meh 4

Members
54 posts
2,142 battles

I love how the OP calls it a nerf instead of an exploit being fixed. Especially since that's what WG classified it as.

• Cool 2

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,574 posts
1 minute ago, Morpheous said:

CVs are doing quite fine...maybe too good...last two weeks I have been observing almost 2 CVs per game, few DDs, and if they are there they are timid...or if I play them I tend to die going after caps... CVs are just as dangerous as before, may be even more so...

This is a very specific fix that addresses what I spoke about above.

It's not an overall "nerf".

[MHG]
Members
321 posts
8,793 battles
4 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

Should see a drop in 2 CV per side matches now. Also, I would agree they are just as dangerous as before but under different reasonings. Alpha strike is gone for sure even on HE bombs now that low drops will now hit the entirety of the aiming reticle but a skilled CV will still have little problem inflicting some damage. 

Do you by chance play CVs? I have been pretty extensively since rework as they were totally new to me and I took my Shima out last night for some fun. Playing a CV so much you learn the ropes of what is and isn’t dangerous and when to engage. New personal record for my Shima last night with something like 176k damage. Gives you a good perspective on how to play when a CV is around. 

Edited by Cakeman826

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,904 posts
8,457 battles

Fixing a bug Midways were exploiting to get consistent 10k+ drops on DDs sounds like a good change to me. Not sorry you cant troll people with an exploit anymore OP.

• Cool 7

[MHG]
Members
321 posts
8,793 battles
34 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

Just a bug fix. You will still be able to HEDB destroyers. You just can’t alpha them by forcing all the bombs to drop in the single area of the aiming reticle. You can expect the 15k drops against DDs to stop unless they literally aren’t moving or do not turn at all. 

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,933 posts
13,321 battles
4 minutes ago, Cakeman826 said:

Should see a drop in 2 CV per side matches now. Also, I would agree they are just as dangerous as before but under different reasonings. Alpha strike is gone for sure even on HE bombs now that low drops will now hit the entirety of the aiming reticle but a skilled CV will still have little problem inflicting some damage. 

Do you by chance play CVs? I have been pretty extensively since rework as they were totally new to me and I took my Shima out last night for some fun. Playing a CV so much you learn the ropes of what is and isn’t dangerous and when to engage. New personal record for my Shima last night with something like 176k damage. Gives you a good perspective on how to play when a CV is around. 

Ha ha, anti CV player, but I have played to T8, and currently bought the British 4/6 cause thats best I could buy for the florins....and played a bit in Co-op...  I have had nothing but CVs in my face for last two weeks, and I think other players are feeling the effects...hanging back is worse than ever now.  I have been trying out my new Daring...liking it but dying with about 25k damage... I can sit back too, but its not in my nature or play style...but I may have to potato up.  I have had some revenge in two matches...had to go to lower tier to regain my sanity and composure... and killed both CVs in a BB two different matches...  Also I have been uptiered no matter what ship i play except T10...and then there its almost all T10s... crazy...but getting my tier or me being the big bad wolf, is rare these days... alas...

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,958 posts
14,614 battles
12 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

It's a fix for the midway bug where all the bombs hit on the very edge of the target indicator that was highlighted at kots.  It's a good fix. 

Oh, i dont see kots.

But this part: "The issue resulted in a targeted ship receiving more bomb hits than possible in cases when bombs were dropped at the last moment during approaches when the aiming circle only slightly "touched" the target with its edge. "

Its looks more a change when you drop in last second in destroyers (or other ships) for make the less bombs hit a targer or i understand wrong?

• Meh 1

Members
1,707 posts
10,658 battles

reading their notes, it sounds like they fixed the exploit.  I am glad they are getting rid of it.  You didn't need to use it to play well or have an impact.  If that is something you relied on, tough.  Time to actually aim and drop bombs properly. 

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,958 posts
14,614 battles
20 minutes ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

So CVs should not be subject to RNG like everybody else is?

They alread are strong subject to rng. This looks like its going make even worse.

[RLGN]
Members
13,526 posts
23,601 battles
12 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

Tend not to be hyperagressive, but scout support seize opportunity in my destroyers, and can’t say I’ve done too bad.

Maybe because I’ve played a lot of carriers? I don’t feel I get bothered by them as much as some seem to imply here in the forums.

[MHG]
Members
321 posts
8,793 battles
1 minute ago, Morpheous said:

Ha ha, anti CV player, but I have played to T8, and currently bought the British 4/6 cause thats best I could buy for the florins....and played a bit in Co-op...  I have had nothing but CVs in my face for last two weeks, and I think other players are feeling the effects...hanging back is worse than ever now.  I have been trying out my new Daring...liking it but dying with about 25k damage... I can sit back too, but its not in my nature or play style...but I may have to potato up.  I have had some revenge in two matches...had to go to lower tier to regain my sanity and composure... and killed both CVs in a BB two different matches...  Also I have been uptiered no matter what ship i play except T10...and then there its almost all T10s... crazy...but getting my tier or me being the big bad wolf, is rare these days... alas...

Haha no worries. It happens. Red CV was hak so it for sure made a difference but understanding what the CV is looking for in the first place can really make a difference. He dropped me 3 times for a total of 1800ish damage. Only turned my aa on when he dropped fighters to keep me spotted. Right back off to hide again. I lasted til the last 3 when I died getting to close to someone. Solo capped and all with an angry CV flying around. 

[O7]
11,904 posts
8,457 battles
3 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

Oh, i dont see kots.

But this part: "The issue resulted in a targeted ship receiving more bomb hits than possible in cases when bombs were dropped at the last moment during approaches when the aiming circle only slightly "touched" the target with its edge. "

Its looks more a change when you drop in last second in destroyers (or other ships) for make the less bombs hit a targer or i understand wrong?

There was an exploit highlighted in kots where a Midway using clever throttling and timing the drop to the last second to get all the bombs to drop at the end of the reticle. So instead of the bombs being distributed they all land in basically the same spot. I think ichase did a video on it. You can find discussion about it if you search “enlightened drop”. 

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,958 posts
14,614 battles
17 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

2 cvs are annoying? Yeah.

But more dangerous as before? Oh hell no, you cant compare a boring/recovery dot dmg from today with strike from 2 torpedo bombers from old midway (3 from hak) + ap/he bombs from before.

/off

Beta Testers
1,611 posts
9,990 battles

It specifically said that the trajectory calculations were being done incorrectly resulting in bombs hitting the target when "the aiming circle only slightly "touched" the target with its edge."

So basically what they are saying is that people were getting hits for all but completely missing the target where the only possible hits would have been from RNG favoring hitting the outside edge of the dispersion circle instead of favoring the actual drop point near the center of the drop.

The non-sequitur here is that this change is actually favoring being more accurate, and you are complaining that randomness is being favored.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,958 posts
14,614 battles
Just now, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

There was an exploit highlighted in kots where a Midway using clever throttling and timing the drop to the last second to get all the bombs to drop at the end of the reticle. So instead of the bombs being distributed they all land in basically the same spot. I think ichase did a video on it. You can find discussion about it if you search “enlightened drop”.  

Its that what i'm talking about, you let to drop in the last second to all bombs go to a close spot.

If they dont do that you just dont have any reason to do that in last second, its just... uhul... lets have the rng full decide for we sinse our skills or aiming will be irrelevant in the end.

• Meh 2

[O7]
11,904 posts
8,457 battles
1 minute ago, HyenaHiena said:

Its that what i'm talking about, you let to drop in the last second to all bombs go to a close spot.

If they dont do that you just dont have any reason to do that in last second, its just... uhul... lets have the rng full decide for we sinse our skills or aiming will be irrelevant in the end.

Aiming no longer relevant? Don’t you have to at least get the reticle near an enemy ship?